Fairly Odd Parents, Season 10 - News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
All the self-sabotage just makes me sad. That's especially for those who are still fans of this show. It's sad to see you guys let down like this.

Rhaynebow

Well, at least this brings some more life into this thread. You know, I miss the days when this show's palette was mostly blues and purples. Whenever I watch the newer episodes, my eyes sting from the overly bright colors.

But that's just nitpicking. I'm glad that they're up to SOMETHING.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
Chloe looks just wrong
Looks like they cheapened her design already. Also that earlier clip.. my ears.. its not good.
Just so many grim warning signs. The only silver lining is I've yet to see Sparky, but we all know he's still going to be in the show, lets not entertain ourselves.

Partial script for an episode this season. Lots suppose to air next month, but I doubt it will happen because of the lack of advertising and Nickelodeon's utter indifference to the show at this point.
image.jpg

kanc

Nickelodeon ALWAYS has lack of advertising for animations, along with Fairly OddParents. But maybe FOP could be advertised probably after Christmas is over.. Who knows?

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think there's been an exact airdate announced yet so for all we know it could be airing at the end of January. If that's the case then there's still plenty of time to advertise it. Though knowing Nick, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't advertise it well.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
They probably will advertise it at least a little, but don't be surprised if they procrastinate.

Lord Hater

Retired
I'm surprised that FOP is being mistreated because it was overplayed only a few months ago.

ToonJay723

Staff member
There's also going to be 20 episodes in season 10, which means FOP will have the same amount of episodes as Rugrats.

Looney Turtles

There's also going to be 20 episodes in season 10, which means FOP will have the same amount of episodes as Rugrats.

It would be funny if Season 10 of FOP is going to be its last (which could be the case), and it ends up having the same amount of episodes as Rugrats.

Anyway, I didn't hate Season 9 as much most people here (I would argue it had at least a few enjoyable episodes), so I'm going to give Season 10 a watch.

alfa9delta

Hey, Where's Perry ?
Man, I didn't expect this at all.
Nick greenlighted a new show from Butch AND gave FOP season 10 additional 7 episodes before it even premiered.

This just shows how strong Hartman is in the business. I wouldnt be surprised if FOP reached 15 seasons at this point.

aegisrawks

Ok I have to admit I dont love FOP, but people here are overreacting. While dull, FOP is still good. Its not as bad as people make it out to be.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean
Ok I have to admit I dont love FOP, but people here are overreacting. While dull, FOP is still good. Its not as bad as people make it out to be.

No...... it really was that bad.

I'm one of the optimists, or at least I used to be. Then the Sparky abomiNation attacked.

Sparky might just be one of the worst cartoon characters that has ever appeared in a Nickelodeon cartoon. Bar none. He makes Dil Pickles (Rugrats or AGU) look like a cartoon golden age icon. He brought nothing, tanked the reputation of this cartoon further, and even his color clashes badly with the rest of the cast. Every joke at of his mouth felt like it was meant to push the envelope and drive parents to reconsider whether they allowed their kids to watch this, but yet he wasn't funny at all despite this risk. His voice acting delivery is terrible too, Mathew Taylor needs to go away he has no business being on an all-star cast like this.

Season 9 deserved every bit of criticism it got, and more. If anything, this thread has been somewhat apologetic.

Hartman's new cartoon looks dreadful too. Outright stolen character designs and more uninspired cut-rate schlock from a cartoonist who has been out of touch with kids since the 70s. Looks like something right off that Noog Network of his.

I've suggested in the past that some dumb decisions blamed on Hartman might have came from higher ups. Now... I don't know. Alfa, you make a point, he seems to have more power at Nick than anyone has imagined and he has become a literal George Lucas of cartoons where no one that works under him or even his handlers above have no way of controlling him and his awful ideas.

SaneMan

I've suggested in the past that some dumb decisions blamed on Hartman might have came from higher ups. Now... I don't know. Alfa, you make a point, he seems to have more power at Nick than anyone has imagined and he has become a literal George Lucas of cartoons where no one that works under him or even his handlers above have no way of controlling him and his awful ideas.

You are being WAY too generous
If anything, he's the Adam Sandler of animation

Looney Turtles

It looks like someone here agrees with me then. FOP is not as good as it used to be, but it's not terrible or anything. I thought Season 9 had at least a few pretty decent episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today's my birthday! :D
Can't wait for the party this weekend!
Microsoft just bought Activision/Blizzard for $68 billion. And people thought the Bethesda deal was huge? Mind. Blown.
I wonder what if Viacom responsed to turner buying Hanna barbera by buying Fred wolf films (meant they would own the 1987 tmnt cartoon) in 1992 or 1993 and they later buy the tmnt ip as well as mirage studios in in the mid-late 90s or early-mid 2000s instead of 2009
PF9
What if Viacom bought Capital Cities/ABC instead of Disney in 1996?

ABC did have a good relationship with Paramount Television after all.
When it comes to Nickelodeon, nothing is sacred. Not even a creator's wishes. Hillenburg did not want to promote fast food and this is what Nick does...

Featured Posts