Exporting SpongeBob to China

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Sep 6, 2001
Princeton Jct, NJ
www.edwick.com
The New York Times talks about Nickelodeon's efforts to bring its programming to China (registration required), detailing the hurdles its parent company Viacom must clear from the Chinese government and from Chinese parents who may be even more restrictive on what their children are allowed to watch. The Wild Thornberries and CatDog are already broadcast by the Shanghai Media Group, and SpongeBob SquarePants is set to debut next month.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.
With all of the drama, hype and rumors going amok- past and present, inside and outside the animation community- I almost just want to escape, a la the late, great Jimi Hendrix:
I wish a happy 52nd birthday to Fred Tatasciore. He's known for many roles like the Hulk, Solomon Grundy, Rocksteady, Megatron, and many more.
This new "Amphibia" show actually looks interesting.