Encanto (Tentative Title) (News And Discussion Thread)

SweetShop209

It was reported how Jared Bush (Penn Zero, Zootopia) and Byron Howard (Tangled, Zootopia) were in charge of a film for Walt Disney Animation Studios. The film is tentatively called Encanto (the title could change given how Raya And The Last Dragon was originally called The Dragon Empire).

For a brief synopsis: "The movie is centered on a young girl and her family in Brazil, who all have magical powers, sadly, the young girl has no powers."

"Disney staple Lin-Manuel Miranda (Mary Poppins Returns) is writing the music, with Clark Spencer (Ralph Breaks the Internet) and Yvett Merino Flores (Moana) on board to produce. As well as directing the film alongside Byron Howard, Jared Bush will co-write the screenplay with Charise Castro Smith. "

Not much else is known at the moment, but there's a rumor on the movie being released on November 24, 2021.

What do you think?

Edit (6-23-2020):

According to a recent video, the movie actually takes place in Colombia, not Brazil as initially reported. Thanks to TsWade2 for the update.

Last edited:

RainbowCupcake

I sawed this boat in half!
Not a fan of Lin Manuel Miranda and I wasn't impressed with (most of) his work in Moana, but everything else about this sounds intriguing.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
My only reason to check this out is to support the guys who gave me Penn Zero, Zootopia, and Tangled more than anything. Those other films? Don't care, honestly. Hope this is better than all those combined!

TsWade2

I'm afraid the rumor about Encanto taking place in Brazil has been debunked. But, according to Lin, it takes place in Colombia. Here's the proof: Go to 5:45.

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
I'm afraid the rumor about Encanto taking place in Brazil has been debunked. But, according to Lin, it takes place in Colombia. Here's the proof: Go to 5:45.

That’s pretty cool, we haven’t had a Disney film take place there before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
How come every time I try to associate with a social media account on my profile, I'm getting an error message?

To everyone reading this: You're one in a million. In other words, you're special.

Gennedy has a new show coming soon and returning to Cartoon Network. This better not get screwed over like Sym Bionic Titan

This is an interesting set of choices. We have 2 WB shows and 2 Disney Junior shows.