Emil Hamilton needs more screen time in Justice League Unlimited!!

Tim Drake

Two things.

First I'm said we didn't get the original voice for Emil Hamilton. His voice was very warm and real and it would be so creepy to hear him go evil.

Second, does anyone feel that this character should be played up a lot more? I always love characters that changes sides in a story. Professor Hamilton was the good guy all through STAS which makes Legacy all the more fun. But in JLU while he obviously distrusts Superman after everything that has transpired we haven't gotten a chance to hear him talk about he truly feels. Emil and Superman haven't even talked since Legacy.

What I would love to see is an episode where Superman goes to Emil for advice like he did back in the STAS old days. There could be so many things that could happen.

1. Emil pretends nothing is wrong. Gives Superman science advice. later talks to Amanda Waller about what's going on.

2. Batman tells Superman that Emil is now working for Cadmus. Superman talks to Emil but doesn't bring this up to see if he can trick Emil into revealing information.

3. Superman discovers the truth about Emil and confronts him. We get to hear Emil spout off of how he's doing the right thing because he's seen what Superman has done in the past.

Anyhow I would love to see Emil Hamilton and Superman have some sort of conversation. What does everyon else think?

DLM

Greenman
Well, for fans of STAS Dr. Hamilton's status is certainly an oustanding sore. This is one of those things that I'm pretty sure will be addressed in a very spectacularly impressive fashion, eventually.

PuppetMaster21J

If You Kiss Me, I Shut Up!
DLM said:
Well, for fans of STAS Dr. Hamilton's status is certainly an oustanding sore. This is one of those things that I'm pretty sure will be addressed in a very spectacularly impressive fashion, eventually.
It's quite painful. But, as I've said, the best dramatic plotlines come from bringing pain to the lives of the characters you love most... which is why Batman is the best character in the JL. There needs to be a fleshing out of his character... he still has warmth, and you can see that he's torn, but there's something more that we need to see.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DLM said:
Expressed perfectly. While I completely understand where Hamilton was coming from in Legacy it is still a shame that his and Supes relationship will never be the same. I would LOVE to see this addressed in the "spectacular fashion" you suggest. Maybe in the four part season finale.

Knight

Emerald Knight
I cant see how The Justice League doesn't know Hamilton is involved and in charge of the whole cloning business. Longshadow had to have told them atleast that much information. Unless he dropped dead shortly after he was beamed to the ship and they didn't have time to get anything out of him.

Personally I don't feel he needs to be played up more. He is getting just the right amount of screen time he has needed so far.

adoptedBatpuppy

Confidence is the Key
PuppetMaster21J said:
It's quite painful. But, as I've said, the best dramatic plotlines come from bringing pain to the lives of the characters you love most... which is why Batman is the best character in the JL. There needs to be a fleshing out of his character... he still has warmth, and you can see that he's torn, but there's something more that we need to see.
What do you mean by that? What more do we need to see of Batman's personality, that we haven't seen before? :eek: Yes I agree with you guys we definetly need more of Hamilton as well as other supporting characters in Superman, such as: Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, Perry White etc... :yawn:

PuppetMaster21J

If You Kiss Me, I Shut Up!
adoptedBatpuppy said:
What do you mean by that? What more do we need to see of Batman's personality, that we haven't seen before? :eek: Yes I agree with you guys we definetly need more of Hamilton as well as other supporting characters in Superman, such as: Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, Perry White etc... :yawn:
I meant that I wanted to see more of Hamilton's character, and bring some pain to him. He's a good character, and we need to see the turmoil that led him to the decision to be a part of Cadmus... or was it ven his decision?

~Joe

JTMarsh

Wing Commander
I meant that I wanted to see more of Hamilton's character, and bring some pain to him. He's a good character, and we need to see the turmoil that led him to the decision to be a part of Cadmus... or was it ven his decision?

~Joe

That's a good question that ties into an interesting leading to some very interesting interpretations of Hamilton in JLU and the DCAU in general - was he an arrogant man who put on a friendly front and took too much pride in being Superman's personal "Mr. Wizard" or was he a genuinely good man who sadly never overcame the trauma of seeing what a godlike being of Superman's stature could be like if he had no moral restraint? I prefer to think the latter, and if it were the latter, did he really join Cadmus of his own free will because he felt the world needed to be protected from Superman and heroes like him, or was he manipulated by Lex Luthor and co, exploiting the trauma he endured from "Legacy"?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That's a good question that ties into an interesting leading to some very interesting interpretations of Hamilton in JLU and the DCAU in general - was he an arrogant man who put on a friendly front and took too much pride in being Superman's personal "Mr. Wizard" or was he a genuinely good man who sadly never overcame the trauma of seeing what a godlike being of Superman's stature could be like if he had no moral restraint? I prefer to think the latter, and if it were the latter, did he really join Cadmus of his own free will because he felt the world needed to be protected from Superman and heroes like him, or was he manipulated by Lex Luthor and co, exploiting the trauma he endured from "Legacy"?
I think Project Cadmus exploited his supposed trauma. To me, he was that naive genius that was shielded from the real world - working in a metaphorical bubble at S.T.A.R. Labs. The events of "Legacy" broke that bubble and whoever recruited him to Cadmus said the right things and I think that's what he regurgitated when he went on that rant in JLU. But I do like where they left it - Galatea saying her final goodbyes, him being oblivious she's being sent to her death, and that look on his face as she leaves. So in the way Galatea was like a daughter to him, he sent off a part of himself to die. It is interesting to speculate what happened to him after the Cadmus arc. Did he get transferred like Eiling, did he go back to just S.T.A.R. or did he retire like Hardcastle... I recall back in the day thinking he would appear in "Patriot Act" as well but nope, just some nondescript scientists.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts