"Elena of Avalor" News and Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Elena Of Avalor "Shooting Stars"

I like that Elena has a cast on her arm from getting injured in a different episode. It lends an air of realism to the series. Although perhaps her climbing ladders on it pokes at that a little.

I laughed at the "Should we tell her?" / "Wait for it" moment. That was funny.

Elena struck me as quite a goofball in the episode, which was fun, although her dottiness ebbed at about the halfway point. But I had fun watching her be uncharacteristically silly.

Fun episode. ****.

Elena Of Avalor "Crash Course"

Balasino turned out to be a rat. I liked his Oprah Winfrey moment with the tamborinas though.

For the record, Gabe is an actual terrible friend to Matteo. I don't think there is another good guy on the show who mistreats another good guy so badly as he always does Matteo.

Speaking of characters walking the line between good and bad, the Duchess is never one thing or the other. She reminds me strongly of Estaban in that way, but the direction of her arc is entirely different. I would have rather had Estaban in this place by now, but I do trust the writers know what they are doing with him.

Fine episode. But Gabe kinda sucks. ***1/2.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
Craig Gerber has mentioned titles for 3 upcoming Elena episodes. The Mother's Day episode , Dia De Los Madres, will air in July at the earliest. It reminds me of how the Fancy Nancy episode "Nancy's Ooh La La Spa" was also a Mother's Day episode airing in July. It most likely would've aired in May, but the Corona Virus threw a wrench into things. In May, we instead get the episode "Sweetheart's Day" and June is "The Lightning Warrior".

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Birthday to the great Akira Toriyama!
Today, variety in my country's Cartoon Network's schedule has died.
I'm Planning to make a New Qubo schedule With Several New and Returning Shows (With one of them being Jacob Two-Two), No Paid Programming and the Return of the 4 hour Marathons.
Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated and the 7th Year Anniversary of its series finale. It ended up becoming my favorite adaptation of the Scooby-Doo Franchise and found out about Lewis Black by name (I had heard his voice in some earlier shows).
Happy birthday to Akira Toriyama. My moniker here should make it clear that I am a fan of the DB Franchise.