DVD Packaging You Hate The Most

GatorMan92

Milk...Cereal...Combine.. .
For me, the "honor" would go to The Simpsons DVDs starting with the 11th Season on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DuckTwacy

French phone.
A lot of people say that they hate the old snapper DVD packaging, but I kinda like it. Nostalgia for the early days of DVDs, y'know? :D

As for DVD packaging that I myself hate, I hate four disc boxsets that have two rows of discs, one behing the other. I'm probably not explaining it very well, but I'm talking about the sort of thing that was done with the packaging in the Looney Tunes Golden Collections after Vol. 3. It's just very inconvenient when you want to get a certain disc out, you have to take out one disc to get the other out.

defunctzombie

1992 not 2002
Staff member
Didn't we just have two of this same thread recently? Because I know I've grumbled about recycle cases before...

tenderheartbear

Being in the UK it doesn't effect me too much, but I really don't like Eco-cases. They're flimsy, thin and prone to damage. Yes, I treat them well (usually I swap them with a good quality Amaray case), but they've got to get from the US to the UK. If they're going to get damaged, that's when it'll happen.

It's a pet peeve, but I cant stand it when a series of movies from the same company don't match. I get all the WB DC related titles, and the title alignment on the spines bugs me on the animated movies. Pick almost any live-action WB title and you'll find the movie title starts at the top at pretty much the same height on all of them. Pick any animated DC title (especially if it has the word Superman in it) and the name could appear anywhere on the side.

Come on WB, use a template. It's not that hard.

Kevin the Geek

Golem fan
I don't like DVDs that come in paper sleeves, since I hear they can possibly harm the disc.

Unfortunately, Mill Creek Entertainment releases a lot of their DVDs in paper sleeves. Due to this, I have put all my DVDs from Mill Creek Entertainment, along with some other DVDs I own, into a CD/DVD carrying case.

Whimsical Crank

Sensible to a Slight Degree
For me, the "honor" would go to The Simpsons DVDs starting with the 11th Season on.

Yes and a million times yes. For me, I just ripped the bottom part of the 'cover pages' for each disc and used paper clips to hold them in, that way it would work like a flap if you get what I'm talking about.

GatorMan92

Milk...Cereal...Combine.. .
Yes and a million times yes. For me, I just ripped the bottom part of the 'cover pages' for each disc and used paper clips to hold them in, that way it would work like a flap if you get what I'm talking about.

And what gets me is that FOX has the Seth Macfarlane shows on DVD packaged the way we want, ​but they just won't do it like that.

Boy Wonder

An old geezer from the north!
WWE to the best of my knowledge has used this twice, and it's annoying as heck. For my Wrestlemania XX and Tombstone: History of the Undertaker sets, they use a big hub to house the three discs. It incurs scratching on the top and bottom sides of the discs. ARGGGG!

cartoonscartoons

I cant help it, if I'm lucky
Simpson's season six set. I used to love the Homer head, but the entire set started falling apart.

I also dislike DVDs that come in slips (I.e. Mill Creeks Releases) and sit in those little pockets, they are a pain to get in and out, especially when 12 are piled on top of each other (600 Cartoons Collection)

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
I dislike thin packs, as more often than not a lot of the teeth on the DVD holder will have broken off. I also dislike cases that use tabs on the top and bottom of the DVD profile that you have to unhook to open the case.

The Fonz

I don't like when a tv series set changes packaging styles midway through the collection (for example, going from cardboard foldout cases to slimline plastic cases)I like a tv series to match cases on all releases.

cartoonscartoons

I cant help it, if I'm lucky
I hate the sets that are the size of a normal dvd case (amray?), the ones made of white plastic.. especially when they re-release a series in that format instead of its boxed set format..like Futurama.
DVD box sets are called BOXES for a reason.

cognitofalcon

G'night evry' body!!
Whatever the heck kind of package that the Back To The Future blu-ray trilogy came in is obnoxious. It takes two minutes to get a disk out because of the way there is no carousel thing.

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
In Greece, past-2013 Nickelodeon DVDs are released in square carton cases. You know, the ones where you put the DVD inconvieniently, only to see that there have been scratches on it made by the case, over the course of time? And that, plus the warning screen, have the feel of watching a greek early 2000s DVD with a Burbank/Dingo/GoodTimes movie..... maybe that's because the company selling those is a book publishing one, and has also rights for Nickelodeon-related books.

A few examples:
Image (695).jpg
Image (697).jpg
Image (693) (1).jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts