Duration of Shows on Toonami

TheCartoonRailfan

Where's my senior discount?
I was just viewing some of the schedules from this past year on Toonami, and I noticed that some series such as Megalo Box and The Promised Neverland were only on the air for not even three months. Afterwards, they just disappeared from the schedule. I have seen this occur with Cardcaptors in 2001 when it lasted for two weeks on Toonami but a year and a half on Kids WB.

Can anyone explain what is going on with the broadcasting? What determines how long Toonami can air a series?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
They have very short episode counts. They air it once and that's it. They might bring it back for a rerun slot later, but due to the Toonami staff's restrained budget, many of these shows don't have a long shelf life.

The CardCaptors example was a different case from a bygone era. This was way back during AOL's disastrous ownership of Time Warner. The founder of The WB was promoted to CEO of Turner, and he enacted cross-promotion between WB and the Turner networks. As a result, many Kids' WB! shows would make their way to Cartoon Network, and CardCaptors briefly aired on Toonami as one of its earliest experiments.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Disney Channel finally acknowledged Luz and Amity as a couple:
Welcome MTV 00's!
(Video by TVArculatBomba)

My new favourite music channel with my favourite musics from my childhood! :)
I wish a happy birthday to Corey Burton (66) (voice of Professor Ludwig Von Drake for over 30 years, as well as Megatron on Transformers Animated), Sumalee Montano (49) (voice of Arcee on Transformers Prime and Katana on Beware The Batman), and Travis Willingham (40) (voice of King Roland on Sofia The First and Thor on many Marvel cartoons since Avengers Assemble).
My grandfather just passed away…

The winner of this matchup is Happy Birthday Scooby Doo, which got 3 votes. A Scooby Doo Valentine got 0 votes. The next matchup is Birthday For A Princess. It's between "Surprise" from Cleopatra In Space and "The Birthday Cruise" from Elena Of Avalor.

Featured Posts