Duel Masters "In Deep Duel-Duel" Talkback (Spoilers)

GOOOOO, NAMELESS TOWNSPERSON!

• 10 Duels - Captain Shobu, he's a hero. Gonna take Yugi down to zero!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 9 Duels - I wanna be a Planeteer...err...Duelateer, too!

• 8 Duels - Little do people know that Shobu's Deck Case is solar-powered. It's GOOD for the enviromen

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 7 Duels - Never underestimate the power of the monkey. They're tricky.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Duels - So, wait. Do cards become Mana because they're powered by Gaia? Hold on, what IS Gaia anyw

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 5 Duels - Give me a ring to burn stuff with, and I'll raise this episode to a 10.

• 4 Duels - I wouldn't mind getting bathed in nuclear radiation if it meant I could shoot lasers out o

• 3 Duels - I'll never understand that damn Hawaiian shirt.

• 2 Duels - PLANETEER ALERT! [i]Duel Masters[/i] cards are made out of paper! People who buy them kill

• 1 Duel - I'm gonna buy as many [i]Duel Masters[/i] cards as possible. Screw the trees.

• 0 Duels - The power is MINE! For [i]I[/i] have the power of the almighty remote control!

• Total voters

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
toonami_color.jpg
duelmastersimage.jpg

It's time to own the zone once again! Duel Masters is back, with Shobu and the gang still struggling against Princess Pollyana and the rest of the PLOOPs in Nature Civilization Land.​

Last time on Duel Masters:​

"Mimi and Boy George saved our heroes from Princess Pollyana, but Shobu still doesn't realize what he's doing wrong. Since he can't win as he is now, Shobu is left behind as everyone else enters Nature Civilization Land. However, the PLOOPs are too powerful and force everyone to retreat. Flora's father blocks the way so that the gang can escape, leaving only one old man to face off against the PLOOP forces. Thanks to Mimi, Boy George, and Flora, Shobu eventually realizes that the fast attacks that were once his advantage are now his weakness. Meanwhile, Boy George realizes just how skilled Flora is and encourages her to Duel someone other than her father, while the townspeople grow ever more fearful. With his confidence restored and a new Deck made up, Shobu's ready to show the Pollyana just how powerful he can be!"

This week on Duel Masters:

"It's time to rescue Flora's father from the evil grasp of Princess Pollyana, and Shobu's the only one who can do it. But Pollyana has some powerful allies in the form of a pig-man, a radioactive killer in a Hawaiian T-shirt, a beauty-consicous terrorist with a talking computer, and some random rich dude Pollyana picked up off the street. Shobu and the gang will have to let their powers combine in order to defeat this new dream team and save Nature Civilization Land!"

Spoilers: Captain Shobu's gonna take you down to zero if you spoil anything.

Note: I know the Toon Zone schedule says the episode title is "Tournament is Fair Play," but it's wrong. The true episode title is what is mentioned in the title.

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
are you sure that episode title is true now after the title card says what TZ has? :confused:

and nice a full length DM intro from Toonami finally :)

Flora read the script and has big feet lol

Duke

Shobu: "Why do I always have to save the day? Why can't I just say 'No! I'm going to the movies instead!" XD

She shoud save her jokes for Aqua Teens instead of Leno.

What the hell is wrong with the animators? Shobu's been off-model ever since he got into Nature Civilization Land.

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
I can't help but feel like I missing something since Toonami didn't start with the two episodes that aired on the weekday run but anyway this was still a good one with jokes and good dueling to :)

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
William C. Maune said:
I fixed the Toon Zone Schedule after Duke posted the Talkback.
I think he was saying or not because the title screen listed the episode as Tournament Is Fair Play, and since we know the next episode was originally In Deep Duel, Duel, then those titles are probably off by one.

It's good to see that Shobu took his last dueling lesson to heart, but I wouldn't want to go up against that girl. She may not duel that often, but if she summons both of her triple breakers then it doesn't matter how far ahead you are, she'll still win.

I was surprised that Bob Buchholz and Charlotte Fullerton were the episode writers because it was actually funny. Buchholz has destroyed Animes before, and Fullerton's writing had seemed to be decreasing. I'm glad to see the episode came back with a bang though.

As for the poll, the little hidden message refers to the DiC clasic Captain Planet and the Planeteers.

Duke

For those confused about the episode titles: The ones on Toon Zone are the correct ones. They've had to change them for copyright reasons, and Elastic Media never sent CN the right titles. Considering that Elastic Media STILL has the wrong writing credits for about 2/3, if not all, of the episodes, it's not too surprising.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts