"DuckTales" (2017) Series Talkback (Spoilers)

TsWade2

Glomtales!

This is hilarious and IMO best episode since Three Caballeros episode and the Darkwing Duck episode. I'm glad Don Karnage is back, even though the original Don Karnage will always be in the place of my heart. I kind of knew they're going to use that Glomtales theme song from Theme Song Takeover. Hilarious! Glomgold tries to bring the army of villains to bring Scrooge and his family down. Meanwhile, Louie still grounded and Della block his cellular data from his iphone and ipad and even has a robot to babysit Louie. Again, hilarious. That is, until Louie outsmart te villains to make Scrooge the richest duck in the world. The only problem is, will Louie give Scrooge the deed or being sneaky to be rich again? Louie, please I beg of you, don't be like Doofus Drake! Please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeease! Nonetheless, great episode. Can't wait until tomorrow's next episode.

ShadowBeast

Timephoon: This was actually a great episode. I was at first bothered by Louie's greed and Della's "let the kids do what they want" attitude, but it led to a fantastic message that a lot of parents these days neglect to do, and that sometimes, kids need tough-love. I love how Della started being a parent and grounded Louie. Louie tried commenting about her past action of taking the rocket, but he doesn't realize that she did suffer the consequences of those actions.
Bubba was pretty close his original version, but is physical bigger as per the usual caveman stereotype. It's sad how Huey didn't realize that the problem with studying Bubba, is that he wasn't in his natural habitat to properly study.

Glomtales: Eh, Some parts of this was alright, but the fact that the bet wasn't part of the season finale further proves how pathetic of a character Glomgold is. The way the writers handled the bet is as pathetic as Glomgold is. The original Ducktales did the "who's richer" plot a lot better. At least we actually see both sides properly compete. I don't even get how Glomgold lost. I know he's probably too stupid to do this, but Glomgold could've easily just legally change his name to Glomgold.
I did like the villain team-up, even though it was wasted, and this Don Karnage will never even come closely to being as great as the original Don Karnage. I also liked Magica's role in the episode. Though I now feel more sorry for her as she falls further in in level of threat with working at a FunZone. But her having magical items does give hope for the character. I also like how Louie and Scrooge had their focus on Magica as the threat, even though Glomgold was the one leading the group.

Last edited:

zoombie

The Richest Duck In The World!

So Louie and Della are cool with each other it seems. I thought Della would be a little mad here after Louie stole Scrooge's fortune, well Scrooge knowing Louie saw this as a opporunity to take a little vacation, but quickly abandons that because he is Scrooge McDuck, and he don't take vacations.

Shining character here got to be Owlsen, she finally had enough, good for her, she don't have to take all this crap, she is better than this, all these men ignoring her opinions, she has a business degree, she deserves and good for her she is going her own way. Some people thought she was going to go insane and became a villain, no she is sticking to her morals, she might become a new rival for Scrooge, but not evil villain like.

Anyway Scrooge gets his fortune back, and this curse lifted by learning humility. Things are back to normal for Scrooge and all, but what about Glomgold, as we know he has nothing. They going to keep him poor for a while and have him build himself backup?

As for the B plot, that sets up the finale, Della tries to get a message to Penumbla, and Dewey acts like a jerk talk show host. But Della realizing some of Penumbla's past feelings is good for their relationship. And Penumbla somehow able to get a message to Earth, I assumed she is a prisoner now, how she got the message out who knows.

Anyway finale time, I wonder how many callbacks we will get, Scrooge's history with Lunaris, what reinforcements are Della and the kids getting, what happened to Donald and what friends will he meet along the way, I would not be surprised if it is Goofy or even Daisy that Donald encounters on his journey, anyway can't wait for the finale, and lucky for me I don't have to wait long.

glennbyrnes

So Louie and Della are cool with each other it seems. I thought Della would be a little mad here after Louie stole Scrooge's fortune, well Scrooge knowing Louie saw this as a opporunity to take a little vacation, but quickly abandons that because he is Scrooge McDuck, and he don't take vacations.

Shining character here got to be Owlsen, she finally had enough, good for her, she don't have to take all this crap, she is better than this, all these men ignoring her opinions, she has a business degree, she deserves and good for her she is going her own way. Some people thought she was going to go insane and became a villain, no she is sticking to her morals, she might become a new rival for Scrooge, but not evil villain like.

Anyway Scrooge gets his fortune back, and this curse lifted by learning humility. Things are back to normal for Scrooge and all, but what about Glomgold, as we know he has nothing. They going to keep him poor for a while and have him build himself backup?

As for the B plot, that sets up the finale, Della tries to get a message to Penumbla, and Dewey acts like a jerk talk show host. But Della realizing some of Penumbla's past feelings is good for their relationship. And Penumbla somehow able to get a message to Earth, I assumed she is a prisoner now, how she got the message out who knows.

Anyway finale time, I wonder how many callbacks we will get, Scrooge's history with Lunaris, what reinforcements are Della and the kids getting, what happened to Donald and what friends will he meet along the way, I would not be surprised if it is Goofy or even Daisy that Donald encounters on his journey, anyway can't wait for the finale, and lucky for me I don't have to wait long.
There are some problems you just can't solve by throwing money at it.

Funkatron

Moonvasion is on Demand. That ending, oh that ending.

Also we finally got the one cameo everyone wanted

TsWade2

Funny episode. I kind of knew Louie has to take the deed for himself and become the richest duck in the world. I'm glad Manny The Headless Manhorse is in it and man, he can dance. It's a shame that Louie accidentally let those greedy businessmen to cut off the some sort of island. Meanwhile, Della is trying to contact Penumbla from the moon but no avail. I think Dewey made a bad move on Della saying Penumbla hates her on his silly show. Poor Scrooge has to go back his old routine for shoe shining and it's hilarious to see that Bigfoot again.The monster is so scary, but in the end, he's well meaning. And I'm so glad Louie finally learned his lesson that he's not ready to be a businessman yet and Scrooge being the richest duck in the world again. In the end, however, ends in a cliffhanger that Penumbla finally reaches Della Duck and warns her that evil Lunaris and his villagers of the moon are going to destroy the earth and her family. Funny episode and I can't wait for tomorrow's season finale. I have now work tomorrow and this time I'm staying away from DisneyNow and wait until 3:00pm tomorrow for suspense.

zoombie

Moonvasion

Wow this lived up the hype. So the moon version they got there very fast. And Lunaris really got the moon people fired up, they are at heart good non violent people,he did a good job turning them into warriors. Got to give the devil his due.

I am not the biggest fan of Scrooge and Della coming up with a secret plan to get the kids to safety, but it is understandable, though Scrooge had no qualms of having two minors being part of his resistant, so kind of a hypocrite but okay.

Speaking of Scrooge's task forse, an interesting tandem there, you had Gizmoduck and Darkwing, Lena and Duckworth, and so many fun duos. Also when the Earth is in danger, and Gabby Stabbersein of all people stepped up to the plate, so give her some credit. And his mom knew all the time that Fenton was Gizmoduck, you shouldn't be able to fool your mother much less a cop mother of such things. So good job show.

But let's not forget the other super hero, Darkwing a show stealer here, he is a like a good guy version of Glomgold wanting attention and getting no respect, poor guy.

As for Della and the kids, reunion with Donald, who has gone off the deep end. You guys wanted Mickey, you get Mickey. Donald and Della interaction was everything I hoped for. And we get a reunion with the cousins, and than Fethry and Gladstone, they murdered Mickey, those monsters. I loved the part when Dewey was like I am the Donald.

And the un likely is Glomgold, his stupidity is what saved us all. Got to admit it was smart how he got his company back, and in the end it was all about beating Scrooge, but you can't do that if you are on the same team.

So when we back Lunaris into an corner, he reveals his true colors to his people. I was worried for a moment Della was going to go into space alone, and we would lose her again, but when the whole family was there, I was a little less worried and knew everything would turn out okay. And we get some help from Penumbla who I thought was imprison. Lunaris for a smart guy, why didn't you lock her up. And the part when Della was trying to introduce her family to Penny was nice in its own way. Not sure how I fell about Penumbla maybe being added to Launchpad's harem, she deserves better than to be just another girl in the harem, Launchpad you got to commit, just saying.

So the cliffhanger is next season's villains FOWL, so next season will be more of spy stuff. Which means Beckley might get more to do, and maybe just maybe we find out what happened to Webby's parents. If I feeling FOWL is involved in that somehow, her parents can be FOWL agents for all we know. I noticed most of the FOWL agents are birds, they could have really shocked me by having Owlsen and Violet be part of them. Though I am glad that is not the case, especially Violet, that would be just a repeat of Lena's arc. And Webby suffered enough. Let's not have her other friend be a spy for the enemy.

Anyway I loved the finale, I can't wait for season 3.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DuckTales "Timephoon!"

I loved it. I loved this version of Bubba and Tootsie and I love the subversive idea that Scrooge is his descendant.

I especially love Della reading Louie the riot act at the end. That was a long time coming. And she didn't buy it back either so kudos to her.

Webby seems either dressed as a 60's hippie or a 20's flapper at the end. I hope it's a hippie. That would be funnier.

"You have your own tub?" Launchpad is very easily impressed.

Best episode in awhile. *****.

DuckTales "GlomTales!"

Yeah, no. This is ridiculous. This is NOT Louie Duck. This is an abomination.

But hey that theme song change-up was cool, right? *.

DuckTales "The Richest Duck In The World!"

Eh. I liked this version of Bombie, especially the way to defeat him. I don't feel Rosa came up with a good solution of that. In fact, I don't believe he actually came up with a solution at all.

Louie is annoying, but I like Owlison a lot, and how she decides to make her own fortune by the end.

Scrooge's characterization was actually decent too. He's not bothered by the fortune reversal because Louie is lazy, and things will return to the status quo soon enough. And I especially like that he finds laziness unappealing, and instead immediately goes back to being a shoeshine boy to remake his fortune in the meantime.

I loved the Mouseton shout-out too.

It's sort of funny that Webby is described as the nephew violent's friend. But it also shouldn't actually be true.

I thought Dewey was super insensitive to Della, and I loved Della thoughtfully yelling "Who needs family?" upon hearing Penny call her her friend.

I have had just about enough of Louie Duck, and Dewey is wearing thin too. ***.

DuckTales "Moonvasion!"

I expect that to be very well-received by the show's viewers. I don't care. It was absolutely appalling.

Every review of every episode like this is me basically bemoaning the fact that Disney put producers in charge of the Ducks who have have no clue why the Ducks are actually great. Lemme try something else.

How's this for a comparison? Imagine you are watching your first episode ever of Downton Abbey. And in the middle of it the Dowager and company drop their tea and scones and start getting into an epic battle with light sabers and Andy Samberg's laser cats. If you had never seen the show before you'd think it was the greatest thing ever, and funny, and exciting, and you'd be wondering where this show has been all your life, and why everyone previously seemed to make the idea sound dull. That is the viewer DuckTales is catering to. But if you are an actual fan of Downton Abbey, laser cats freaking HURT. They are punch in the gut every second they are on-screen. They are ruining everything for the enjoyment of a group of people who don't actually care about or understand the franchise. Jerry Springer was very popular. Dumb and violent will always have an audience. But to see it infect this specific franchise is like a knife in my heart in every week.

I worry about Don Rosa's health. I'm actually being serious. I picture him having a stroke or heart attack every week. It's THAT upsetting. If you don't actually or love the Duck comics then you probably don't get why I'm so upset. But maybe the Downton Abbey analogy will help explain it a little.

DuckTales 2017 is designed for people who think the Disney Ducks are boring. Anyone who actually LIKES the Ducks is out of luck.

Unfortunately this lousy episode did not deserve to be the first animated meeting between Scrooge McDuck and Darkwing Duck, and Scrooge dressing as him fell flat too because they used it to simply say Darkwing sucks. Darkwing DID have a chip on his shoulder on the old show, but it was a bigger and more nuanced thing than him actually being a pathetic Cosplay loser.

The Mickey Mouse melon thing was creepy and makes no sense while they are using that voice impediment for Donald.

Also, I think Carl Barks and Don Rosa could have warned the show WHY it is a bad idea to put Gladstone Gander in adventures. He is the ultimate deus ex machina, and solves problems in such a fashion that it's boring. I agree more with Barks' low opinion of Gladstone whom he famously wound up hating, but the only way Gladstone works is in sitcom plots or the specific high-concept luck stories Rosa crazily made work. You do NOT want him on the good guys' side. It's like the Federation recruiting Q to win the Dominion War. Yeah, it'd work, but it would be no fun. That goes for adventures. And the fact that this was a battle, which is all wrong for the franchise to begin with, shows that the writers don't understand what makes the characters tick or their strengths and weaknesses or the kinds of stories that they fit into.

I will admit this. The F.O.W.L. cliffhanger intrigues me. Not only because it's been Scrooge's board members the entire time, but also because I noticed Steelbeak and the Phantom Blot dressed in a Tuskernini costume, and I'm interested to learn the deal there. But I'm not going to give a single star to an episode that only had an effective last 30 seconds. Everything else was pretty much a disaster. 0.

Edit:

For the record, the producers claimed two heroes were going to die. Nobody did.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Great season two finale, even better than season one's finale. So many fight scenes, so many fun scenes, it was a duck version of Avengers: Infinity War but shorted to 44 minutes. Donald and Della's reunion was funny at first but very cute at the end.

About the season 3 set-up with The F.O.W.L., I'm interested.

Also, RIP Watermelon Mickey, hardly knew him.

Dragnatek

And the "deaths" Angones was talking about were clones of Gyro Gearlose, which yeah does technically mean a hero died even though really no one died.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
I was kinda underwhelmed by the finale, thought it felt too similar to seasons 1 except bigger and with a worse antagonist.

Orangesilentplanet

DuckTales "Timephoon!"

I loved it. I loved this version of Bubba and Tootsie and I love the subversive idea that Scrooge is his descendant.

I especially love Della reading Louie the riot act at the end. That was a long time coming. And she didn't buy it back either so kudos to her.

Webby seems either dressed as a 60's hippie or a 20's flapper at the end. I hope it's a hippie. That would be funnier.

"You have your own tub?" Launchpad is very easily impressed.

Best episode in awhile. *****.

DuckTales "GlomTales!"

Yeah, no. This is ridiculous. This is NOT Louie Duck. This is an abomination.

But hey that theme song change-up was cool, right? *.

DuckTales "The Richest Duck In The World!"

Eh. I liked this version of Bombie, especially the way to defeat him. I don't feel Rosa came up with a good solution of that. In fact, I don't believe he actually came up with a solution at all.

Louie is annoying, but I like Owlison a lot, and how she decides to make her own fortune by the end.

Scrooge's characterization was actually decent too. He's not bothered by the fortune reversal because Louie is lazy, and things will return to the status quo soon enough. And I especially like that he finds laziness unappealing, and instead immediately goes back to being a shoeshine boy to remake his fortune in the meantime.

I loved the Mouseton shout-out too.

It's sort of funny that Webby is described as the nephew violent's friend. But it also shouldn't actually be true.

I thought Dewey was super insensitive to Della, and I loved Della thoughtfully yelling "Who needs family?" upon hearing Penny call her her friend.

I have had just about enough of Louie Duck, and Dewey is wearing thin too. ***.

DuckTales "Moonvasion!"

I expect that to be very well-received by the show's viewers. I don't care. It was absolutely appalling.

Every review of every episode like this is me basically bemoaning the fact that Disney put producers in charge of the Ducks who have have no clue why the Ducks are actually great. Lemme try something else.

How's this for a comparison? Imagine you are watching your first episode ever of Downton Abbey. And in the middle of it the Dowager and company drop their tea and scones and start getting into an epic battle with light sabers and Andy Samberg's laser cats. If you had never seen the show before you'd think it was the greatest thing ever, and funny, and exciting, and you'd be wondering where this show has been all your life, and why everyone previously seemed to make the idea sound dull. That is the viewer DuckTales is catering to. But if you are an actual fan of Downton Abbey, laser cats freaking HURT. They are punch in the gut every second they are on-screen. They are ruining everything for the enjoyment of a group of people who don't actually care about or understand the franchise. Jerry Springer was very popular. Dumb and violent will always have an audience. But to see it infect this specific franchise is like a knife in my heart in every week.

I worry about Don Rosa's health. I'm actually being serious. I picture him having a stroke or heart attack every week. It's THAT upsetting. If you don't actually or love the Duck comics then you probably don't get why I'm so upset. But maybe the Downton Abbey analogy will help explain it a little.

DuckTales 2017 is designed for people who think the Disney Ducks are boring. Anyone who actually LIKES the Ducks is out of luck.

Unfortunately this lousy episode did not deserve to be the first animated meeting between Scrooge McDuck and Darkwing Duck, and Scrooge dressing as him fell flat too because they used it to simply say Darkwing sucks. Darkwing DID have a chip on his shoulder on the old show, but it was a bigger and more nuanced thing than him actually being a pathetic Cosplay loser.

The Mickey Mouse melon thing was creepy and makes no sense while they are using that voice impediment for Donald.

Also, I think Carl Barks and Don Rosa could have warned the show WHY it is a bad idea to put Gladstone Gander in adventures. He is the ultimate deus ex machina, and solves problems in such a fashion that it's boring. I agree more with Barks' low opinion of Gladstone whom he famously wound up hating, but the only way Gladstone works is in sitcom plots or the specific high-concept luck stories Rosa crazily made work. You do NOT want him on the good guys' side. It's like the Federation recruiting Q to win the Dominion War. Yeah, it'd work, but it would be no fun. That goes for adventures. And the fact that this was a battle, which is all wrong for the franchise to begin with, shows that the writers don't understand what makes the characters tick or their strengths and weaknesses or the kinds of stories that they fit into.

I will admit this. The F.O.W.L. cliffhanger intrigues me. Not only because it's been Scrooge's board members the entire time, but also because I noticed Steelbeak and the Phantom Blot dressed in a Tuskernini costume, and I'm interested to learn the deal there. But I'm not going to give a single star to an episode that only had an effective last 30 seconds. Everything else was pretty much a disaster. 0.

Edit:

For the record, the producers claimed two heroes were going to die. Nobody did.

FoneBone. I feel your pain, and I admire your clarity of thought in what you said. Wish I could write like that. I do feel Rosa will survive this episode of Ducktales, though not happily.

Orangesilentplanet

ShadowBeast

Considering the last few episodes, this seems to be a Louie season as the first was a Dewie season. Which probably means that next season will be a Huey season.
Louie and Dewie really are the worst characters of the show. Their greed and selfishness just isn't funny or entertaining.

Moonvasion: This was a pretty good finale. Not as good as the previous season's but Magica is a well known villain and Lunaris just doesn't have the threatening look as she does. There was also a few other things like Darkwing Duck being brushed off as a threat by almost everyone, and Zeus's continuous tantrums that are unbecoming of Gods. I also thought that there was suppose to be two deaths, with one being a villain's?
But there was a lot that I did like. I knew that Glomgold was gonna be the unlikely ally, and I love how it took stupidity to beat Lunaris. He really couldn't deal with Glomgold's dumb schemes. I love how well Scrooge and Glomgold fought as a team. Despite not having any lines, I like Gabby's return and fighting for the good-guys, I especially love the reunion between Della and Donald. They fight and love each other like siblings. I love the foreshadowing of F.O.W.L., a criminal organization I know more from the Darkwing Duck series.
The writers missed an opportunity to have a bigger hero/villain team-up, but I guess they could find a bigger threat later on in the series, plus, I think this was Glomgold's time to shine. I had hoped that Lunaris would've been killed off since he's just an "eh" character, but I did like how Selene rubbed salt in the fact that not only is he stranded, but has also been on Earth's new "moon".

The hiatus will be pretty long. It'll be awhile before new episodes come out.
Annnnd, that's why releasing episodes in bunches is a bad idea and should only be done for special occasions.

And the "deaths" Angones was talking about were clones of Gyro Gearlose, which yeah does technically mean a hero died even though really no one died.
Would Gyro even be considered a hero? We don't know if any of the killed clones were "clones".
And there's also the death of Mickey Melon.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
1. Annnnd, that's why releasing episodes in bunches is a bad idea and should only be done for special occasions.

2. Would Gyro even be considered a hero? We don't know if any of the killed clones were "clones".
And there's also the death of Mickey Melon.
1. Let's hope they didn't plan any holiday episodes at the wrong time, and resulting in said episode airing outside the regular holiday season (ie a Halloween episode premiering in January).

2. Frank essentially tricked the viewers. Clever .

Korra_Fan

Thank goodness, Frank was trolling about the death thing.

Deaths of bulb robots, watermelons, and random Gyro clones is fine, I can deal with that.

Anyway, loved the finale, thought it was better than S1's, and it sets up great things to come in S3.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts