"DuckTales" (2017) Series Talkback (Spoilers)

blak89

@blak89:

It sounds to me (repeat: to me) like you want it to be more like Gravity Falls (well, that's what you're implying, anyway). [...]

What I meant is that Gravity Falls has been a game-changer for Disney XD in terms of writing, story-telling and overall quality.

The original Ducktales already had brilliant story-telling and adventures.
Not surprisingly, it has a lot of potential for amazing myth/story-arcs and character development.
Which it is probably what they're going for (imho), based on the success of the "plot-heavy" Gravity Falls.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Yet I think the character designs defaultly prevent it. Anything that looks like those Micky Mouse shorts... is really hard to imagine as something more robust and be taken that way. Unless they don't just copy/paste the style and instead tailor it. Gravity Falls looks mature and serious. Mickey Mouse shorts... not so much. In fact they look quite childish. It suits them, even though the original is superior, but DuckTales deserves and needs much more than that.

Digamma-F-Wau

Yet I think the character designs defaultly prevent it. Anything that looks like those Micky Mouse shorts... is really hard to imagine as something more robust and be taken that way.
I wouldn't say it looks EXACTLY like the mickey shorts: The color pallet looks like it'd be a bit more subdued. and Honestly I'd say that color pallet is the biggest reason why gravity falls doesn't look "kiddy"

blak89

Am I the only one who thinks that the original DuckTales doesn't hold up well?

To me it still holds up pretty well.
It was a really fine, well-written cartoon, for its time and whatnot.

Of course, if it was made today, it would have been different.
"How differently" is something that we're going to find out next year.

Kirben

Am I the only one who thinks that the original DuckTales doesn't hold up well?
No, they started running out of good ideas by the end of the first season, then introduced new characters in season 2 to try to keep the series going.

I liked Fenton / Gizmoduck, but I can't tolerate any episodes focused on Bubba at all anymore.

Last edited:

nadazahra

(english isnt my native) I really hope Huey Dewey And Louie have their Characters development really well... I kinda imagine their personality are mixture from the classic cartoons (bratty), Ducktales (Extremely Smart for young ducks like them) and Quack pack

Huey - Oldest, so he'll be the one who incharge

Dewey - We all know he's the smart one, i just hope he's not going to be such a total "Nerd"

Louie - He's the sweetest between them three, so he's going to be the heart

as for weeby, i kinda guessing she'll be all grown up and not being annoying like before.. Im not saying she'll act like an adult for her personality, i was guessing she'll be more mature. And not too girlish

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

nadazahra

How can Huey be the oldest? They're triplets.
Triplets doesnt mean they hatch at the sametime.. They called triplets cus their eggs born together (idk if thats the word)

If you watch Quackpack, huey stated him self as the oldest

nadazahra

04667807f43e7e1ccbb1a6aef8eab5a1.jpg

(Englsih isnt my native)
When i heard the news that ducktales is coming back, i was freaked out, I didn't expected that this could happen.

Anyway, as a fan of Ducktales..i really am excited to see how's going to be,
I'm really hoping that this show will hold up well.
Honestly, the classic ducktales IMO doesn't hold up very well.. Sometimes the story's way to ridiculous, silly, And confusing.

I wish that ducktales reboot will be better than the classic one, that'll be awesome as hell

(Mod Note: Merging this thread with the main DuckTales thread.)

Last edited by a moderator:

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
More new teaser art courtesy of D23.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot the linked article also reveals the new creative team.
Scrooge McDuck, grandnephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie, and Donald Duck will, of course, star in the new series, which will be executive-produced by Annie Award nominee Matt Youngberg (Ben 10: Omniverse). Rounding out the creative team are story editor and co-producer Francisco Angones (Disney XD’s Emmy®-nominated Wander Over Yonder) and art director Sean Jimenez (Disney XD’s Annie Award-winning Gravity Falls).

Cn0fMmLWgAAv3ol.jpg:large

Last edited:

Choppasmith

Nice to finally get an update! I'm shocked that it's not Rudish and the rest of the Mickey shorts team. Still excited though. Now if we can just get a trailer and/or voice cast into.

nadazahra

Its 1:53 am and im crying because of this IAMSODAMNHAPPY

PhineasPines

i love the art design so far! i feel like this show could be more adventure focused then comedy but who knows. Im just hoping they dont make it as dumbed down and insultingly simple as The 7D

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts