"DuckTales" (2017) Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Radical

Deborah Bispo so epic and hot!!!!!
Nov 7, 2004
Ratings
280 1
Lacey,Washington
Both The Most Dangerous Game...Night!, The Depths of Cousin Fethry, and The Ballad of Duke Baloney were sweet/funny,

Cool seeing Scrooge and Huey/Dewey/Louie having fun crazy adventures like old times.
Louie not wanting no crazy adventures was funny.
Cool seeing the ghost of Duckworth.
Donald's major focus was great:D.
Gyro's off-screen adventure like the Micro Ducks, sweet.
Ghost Duckworth leaving was so funny.
Scrooge/Donald and Dewey/Webby's family game night moments were great/funny.
Louie admitting that he's not good at it was great.
Love the Gyropudians, nice they turn good.
Louie had a great plan there.
Louie gaining Scrooge's respect for his great plan was great.

Donald Duck's moments were sweet/funny.
Both Huey/Dewey and Launchpad having a fun sea adventure, sweet.
Launchpad reuniting with Oceanika, sweet, my favorite best cute couple:anime:, Launchpad having a harem is awesome.
Oceanika, best new girlfriend character, they'll show her more further episodes.
Cousin Fethry, best funny new character, Tom Kenny as him, sweet:D.
Huey the fanboy for Cousin Fethry was great/funny.
Cousin Fethry a caretaker, best caretaker.
The sea monster being Fethry's pet Mitzi was great/surprising.
Mitzi saving Huey/Dewey and Cousin Fethry was great.
Cousin Fethry wanting to be a scientist is a great future for him:anime:.
Another Launchpad's cool adventure off-screen, dang it:sad:, I wanna see some of it, oh well.

They show what happens to Flintheart which he loses his memory, interesting, poor Flintheart.
Zan, a great new CEO female character.
Flintheart being Duke Baloney was great/funny:D.
The two fisherbirds were great/funny, good friends to Flintheart/Duke.
Louie/Webby's moments investigating Flintheart were great/funny.
Scrooge happy to see Flintheart happy was great.
Flintheart's origin background with Scrooge was great/interesting on Scrooge teaching him self-reliance and how he hates Scrooge, Flintheart had a fake beard, funny, hehehe.
Flintheart gets his memory back, sorry poor fisherbirds.
Flintheart's bet with Scrooge with them competing will be enjoyable, Flintheart getting the upperhand on Scrooge was well-played:D.
I'll see why that golden money clip is important to Scrooge.

I'll so enjoy the next epic episode of the Three Callaberos' epic return:D!!!!!

Last edited:

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
607 6
New York
The Town Where Everyone Was Nice

This was a great episode, Donald gets the spotlight and I love it. Nice for once to see the Donald I am used to, irresponsible, scheming stars in the the eyes person. I am glad he is responsible and super dad in the show as we get another side for him, but once in a while to get a little retro is fine to.

So the three of them trying to get each other to think they are successful is a old trope, but I was expecting it.

And we get some of the classic songs, this is a love letter to another part of Donald's life.

And those pig tourist right behind, is one of them Peter Pig?

As for the B plot, I am with Webby, the boys were kind of annoying, as was the whole plot in general.

So this whole town was just a town for a plant eater to trap people. I wonder was this town that was wiped out, if so kind of dark.

And I can understand why Scrooge was so protective in this episode, he just made this bet with Glomgold, this is not the time to waste money.

The fact that Jose and Panchito knew the nephews when they were eggs, must mean they knew Della probably. And we get nothing of that, little disappointed there.

The Donald spotlight tour continues, so Donald been in 3 of the 4 episodes, and he is going to be in the next 2 episodes, the show is on the right track.

TsWade2

Apr 5, 2015
Ratings
317 6
Best episode ever! I'm glad my wish came true that they're doing a Three Caballeros episode and I got a chance to watch the original movie of it yesterday just in case. Of course, it does have weird moments, especially that bizarre plant. It's also funny that Donald has to lie to his friend that he's a billionaire. Also, did the donkey just farted on Webby? Bad donkey! LOL! And lastly, I'm glad they sang the theme song of Three Caballeros. Anyway, great episode. This will be my favorite. Good work, writers!

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2004
Ratings
North Dakota
Well, this episode focused more on Donald and his past history rather than on this season's plot line so far. It was okay, and I loved the in jokes involving Webby and their photos, which IMHO opinion was the best part. The second part was Scrooge figuring out how to "milk his old age" act to save money and put the blame on Donald again. The weakest part of the episode was the plant monster, which I wish was built up a little better. As another poster said, it can be a "dark" that a plant monster lures tourists there to devour them.

I did wonder if this episode was going to connect with the "Three Caballeros" series that's showing up elsewhere. I was disappointed that it didn't, but I know you can't have everything.

Two more episodes for the year, and than it's going to be a break for awhile.

James

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
607 6
New York
I just notice upon re watch they took the burro with them too. I am hoping they get to keep the burro as a pet, and it would be great if it was named Jenny, that would be a great little reference.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,883 13
Framingham, MA
DuckTales "The Town Where Everyone Was Nice!"

It is a good thing Donald is usually so low-maintenance around Scrooge's money. As we can see, bad things happen when he isn't.

I love the solution that NONE of the Caballeros were successful after all. What a great, perfect, and logical resolution.

I like that because Dewey was dropped as a egg, he doesn't blink his eyes at the same time. I love Webby noting he should have screamed louder on the first "No!"

Scrooge was pretending to be an infirm old man so well, he accidentally threw out his back. Fun idea.

And the ending proves Dewey's weird fetish about "Pics or it didn't happen." It's not actually true. But you get for the first time why Dewey wishes it was.

I haven't seen either the Caballeros series or movies. Does Donald sing in those? Because it strikes me he shouldn't be a part of a musical group if his voice is that bad. I had assumed that they either did like Boomhauer on King of the Hill or the big kid from Recess and jokingly hired a ringer to sing for him, or he didn't sing at all. It strikes me as very weird to have Donald Duck in a musical group.

And they were a garage band? How did that work? Where was the garage exactly?

Good episode. I love the Caballeros and have every since I read Don Rosa's stories with them. Very colorful and fun. And best of all, they genuinely like Donald. ****.

Mar 28, 2013
Ratings
66 1
There were probably people (read: idiots) who thought the scene in the S2 premiere where Scrooge is taking the idol was a reference to Indiana Jones, when actually Indiana Jones was partially inspired by Uncle Scrooge, and the comic the scene is referencing predates Raiders of the Lost Ark by almost 30 years.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,883 13
Framingham, MA
There were probably people (read: idiots) who thought the scene in the S2 premiere where Scrooge is taking the idol was a reference to Indiana Jones, when actually Indiana Jones was partially inspired by Uncle Scrooge, and the comic the scene is referencing predates Raiders of the Lost Ark by almost 30 years.
There was definitely a nod to Raiders there though. It was both.

Edit:

Also rereading my post, you seem to be taking a direct shot at me for saying that. I am willing to be corrected without being called an idiot.

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,970 10
Elizabeth,NJ
The Town Where Everyone Was Nice!: It was alright. I'm not a fan of the "lie to impress others" plot as it almost always leads to cringy scenes. When making up a lie, they should've worked it out first before confronting the Caballeros and forcing Donald to come up with one on the spot. A good one would've been that Donald was working under Scrooge for the day he decides to retire. I knew something was gonna be up with that plant. Though I was figuring the plant was controlling the citizens instead of creating fakes to fool it's victims. I think the episode would've been better if it had focused more on the citizens' weird behavior than on the "lie to the Caballeros" plot.

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
Ratings
321 1
South of Europe
I have heard some rumors about potential future events in "Ducktales". This information can be fake, as far as I see, but I think it's still worthy to mention them.

+ There will be an arc where the McDuck family will rescue Della Duck and bring her home. (Well, I think at least this one is obviously real).
+ Once Della Duck joins the recurrent characters, she will have somekind of "rivalry" with Launchpad as the pilot of McDuck. (I'm pretty sure Della must be better than Launchpad).
+ There will be an official crossover with "Darkwing Duck", where we will see elements taken from the "failed" crossover between Ducktales and Darkwing Duck in the comics.
+ At the end of the crossover, Launchpad will stay with Darkwing Duck as his pilot and sidekick.
+ After this, there will be another official crossover, this one with TaleSpin. It will be a pilot competition where Della, Launchpad and Baloo will participate.
+ We will see the main characters of TaleSpin back, and probably Don Karnage will return too as the main villain.
+ There will be a "cold and intense" confrontation between Scrooge and Shere Khan.

Well, what do you think?

Jan 4, 2017
Ratings
I have heard some rumors about potential future events in "Ducktales". This information can be fake, as far as I see, but I think it's still worthy to mention them.

+ There will be an arc where the McDuck family will rescue Della Duck and bring her home. (Well, I think at least this one is obviously real).
+ Once Della Duck joins the recurrent characters, she will have somekind of "rivalry" with Launchpad as the pilot of McDuck. (I'm pretty sure Della must be better than Launchpad).
+ There will be an official crossover with "Darkwing Duck", where we will see elements taken from the "failed" crossover between Ducktales and Darkwing Duck in the comics.
+ At the end of the crossover, Launchpad will stay with Darkwing Duck as his pilot and sidekick.
+ After this, there will be another official crossover, this one with TaleSpin. It will be a pilot competition where Della, Launchpad and Baloo will participate.
+ We will see the main characters of TaleSpin back, and probably Don Karnage will return too as the main villain.
+ There will be a "cold and intense" confrontation between Scrooge and Shere Khan.

Well, what do you think?
How exactly would
they cross over with Darkwing Duck when that's been established as a fictional show in this new universe?

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
Ratings
321 1
South of Europe
How exactly would
they cross over with Darkwing Duck when that's been established as a fictional show in this new universe?
Well, I don't think that's the whole truth. Based on the images shown from his battle against Megavolt and Liquidator, can you tell how can those be actors? According to Launchpad, the series was from a time way before CGI; so I don't think their powers could be faked.

How about if Darkwing Duck was a real hero, but he had to retire and SHUSH covered his adventures as a fictional tv show? Besides, there's that old episode of Darkwing Duck where Gozalyn, Megavolt and another guy tiem traveled to a future. There's more here than what meets the eye.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I can't speak for the comics, but this may be the best year for the Spider-Man franchise in my lifetime.
This is as weird as the time McDonalds served pizza in the early 1990s .

https://youtu.be/awoR688JvtA
Dora Dora Dora Dora I love you.
I need my Internet back...the past week has been so boring and holidays break just started for me
At first, I thought Brian Hohlfeld working on many shows Nicole Dubuc worked on was just a coincidence . It turns out they're married. I previously thought the Paul Dini / Misty Lee marriage had the largest age gap (he was born in 1957 while she was born in 1976), but this is the one that's larger (he was born in 1957 while she was born in 1978, making 21 years). I'm not complaining, but this is surprising.