"DuckTales" (2017) Series Talkback (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I think she would be rescued somewhere during the midpoint of the season. There'll probably be an episode where they find out she's alive, and spend a few episodes gathering the materials to rescue her without reliving the incident that got her stranded. Then the rest of the season would have her adjusting back to society.

zoombie

Well I have been thinking of what if Loopy McQuack was in this show and what her personality would be like. Anyway this Della talk go to me thinking. How about a plot of Loopy trying to get her pilot license, and after some advice from Donald, Launchpad becomes a very big brother.

I like this idea of Donald and Launchpad becoming pals giving Launchpad origins of existing to be a Donald substitute in the original series.

zoombie

Well Loopy in the original show was a stereo type valley girl, so I wonder in this show would she be a stereo type millennial?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DuckTales "Duckburg's Funniest Home Videos"

Louie can't unsee that.

That's why Louie loves cats. They are so rude.

I hope there are more of these in the future. ****.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Given that (and I don't mean this in a bad way), this short is just a still image set to established clips and Bobby Moynihan's dialogue , they can probably make more of these.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I already had a hunch about this, but Frank Angones does confirm in season 2 that the character focus will be more evenly spread out.

zoombie

Well Magica has complained how complicated she thinks Webby's relationship to Scrooge is, house keeper grand daughter. Well it could be much more complicated. How about nephew's girlfriend's sister's daughters, or at the very least nephew's girlfriends's nieces. Believe me Magica it could have been much more complicated.

JThree

Has anyone heard when the second season starts in the fall?

You know, I don't know if there is a second season arc, like there was for the first season, that it would measure up emotionally as the Della/Magica de Spell plot line did. I would really hold off on Della's rescue, since it may take away from the other characters relationships. Della is kind of like a McGuffun, she is the character who's disappearance fuels the family's pathos and reunification.
If she comes back, than everything is kind of done, finished.

It would be a great trap if Magica found out about Della's disappearance and than planted fake clues about where to find her, so she could gain revenge on McDuck again.

Now that I can see for season two.

Jthree

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So, I found an interesting tweet from Francisco Angones. It's probably an announcement of when season 2 will come out, or maybe a renewal for season 3.

Freddy

It probably won't happen, since this show is taking most of its cues from Barks' and Rosa's comics, but it would be really cool if Evronians from Paperinik New Adventures were the villains, once the duck family goes to space to save Della.

250px-Coverpkna0.jpg

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
I already have too much of a backlog to watch season 1, so a strange part of me was kind of hoping it wouldn't premiere this early. Oh well.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I already have too much of a backlog to watch season 1, so a strange part of me was kind of hoping it wouldn't premiere this early. Oh well.
Well, given the 5 month hiatus between the Mt. Neeverst and Spear Of Selene episodes (12/2/2017 to 5/4/2018) they probably don't want to delay the season any longer. I mean, we don't want another scheduling problem like with Gravity Falls (which had a year long hiatus between seasons 1-2).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts