"DuckTales" (2017) Series Talkback (Spoilers)

ShadowBeast

Roxas_Sora, I know this is a spoiler thread, but is there any chance you could put your post in spoiler tags, please? Because you've drawn attention to what might very well be a BIG spoiler.

Of course, I know it's not really anyone's "fault", since the sub-title for that episode has been released very early. But still, SPOILERS that not everyone might want to know... even in a spoiler thread!

I think the reason I care about this so much is because this is the series finale we're talking about. Major spoilers should definitely be in spoiler tags.
Theories to potential plots are not spoilers. Besides, the fact that you know that this is a spoiler thread means you should know that you are taking a risk of being spoiled coming here.

ShadowStar

Theories to potential plots are not spoilers. Besides, the fact that you know that this is a spoiler thread means you should know that you are taking a risk of being spoiled coming here.
I was referring to the fact that a spoiler-y sub-title for the first part of the series finale had been shared, when it needn't have been. Having said that, I completely agree with the latter part of the post! I was just being defensive on behalf of those who might want to be extra cautious ahead of the series finale.

Anyway, I enjoyed "Beaks in the Shell!" There was nothing groundbreaking here, but it was a solid follow-up to "The Dangerous Chemistry of Gandra Dee!" I also liked that Gyro called Fenton "Dr. Intern" at the beginning, since that's a nice nod to the ending of "Astro B.O.Y.D.!" The scenes with Officer Cabrera were probably the funniest, but I'm glad that we had some closure here in terms of Gandra's true loyalties. I was quite surprised that she seemed to want to ditch F.O.W.L. entirely, but her backstory convinced me. Overall, a fine episode. I wonder whether it might be deemed anti-climactic by some fans since we've had to wait a long time to see Fenton and Gandra interact again, only for their relationship to be shown in surprisingly good shape, but I guess the showrunners wanted to amp up the suspense by having this story take place so close to the end of the season. Mark Beaks was the only major drawback here. One other thing I think I'll note: Huey's anxiety seems to be worse than ever -- I hope that his character will be able to handle whatever occurs in the season/series finale!

Last edited:

zoombie

Beaks In The Shell!

This was a good episode to comeback to, we are setting things up for the end. This the Huey season, about time the show remembered that. I think in the end, Huey is going to be the one to talk Bradford down. But that is an conversation for another day.

If this the last we see of Beaks, this is a good sent off for him. He might appear in the trial episode, but I don't know, he doesn't care enough about Scrooge to be involved there, He is not a Scrooge enemy, he is a Gyzmoduck enemy. He doesn't have any real animosity towards Scrooge like the other villains. Besides we know it is not Scrooge's fault for his villany, it is his parents fault, we meet his mother, and he did say something about this father in another episode. He just wants parental approval.

The virtual storyline did have a very anime type to it, I wish Fenton and Gandra had a fairy child, that is all that is messing.

I am glad to see Gandra and Officer Cabrera meet and bond. They both love Fenton that is what matters.
I was disappointing in the end, I wanted Gandra to be a double agent, and maybe gets capture early on in the finale. Anyway Fenton does have stakes now in the finale. I doubt we have time for this, I love to see him and Dawkwing team up to find her, and maybe Drake can find out his identity.

Also Gandra getting captured, this is a repeat of "The Other Bin Of Scrooge McDuck"", just when we get someone who is morally gray and about to become full on good guy, they captured. Granted it is different, that was mentally and spiritually capture, this is literal physical capture. And everyone knew she was a Fowl agent, Fenton is not going to have that heart break reveal moment that Webby had and went really intense. Though when he finds out, he is going to be mad. It is different enough, but still same formula.

Lastly, Huey is Fenton's best friend? Well Launchpad is Dewey's best friend, who is Louie's best adult friend. Goldie?

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Beaks In The Shell!" - So yeah I was blasting this episode before seeing it based on the fact it was combining a lot of things I wasn't really a fan of in previous episodes. I haven't really enjoyed a lot of the Huey focused episodes this season especially stuff like "Astro Boyd" which also was the last major Gizmoduck appearance (and Gyro thinking about it) and honestly the idea of "Huey keeping the secret of Fenton and Gandra in a relationship" didn't seem that interesting to me but... I have to be honest I actually did like this one. I think it helps that the comedy here actually is really good with a lot of slid lines. "You can fly remember?" "Why are you still a think?" "There are some Canadians who are also French!" "Why do I keep going in this room?" "I'm impressed you can put up with my son's blathering." Honestly this one did have me chuckling a fair amount as honestly just a fair amount of the ideas were funny in this one too. Huey being instantly pacified by the relaxing anxitey blanket and trying to get Louie to lie for him but Officer Cabrera knowing about Louie's kids; the fact the show calls out Beaks for not being a hack with no ideas but also how many times he's tried stealing the Gizmoduck armor is called old as he desperatley tries to find a new idea but even the terrible ones were taken or Huey having to tell the mailman then "the people who could actually help" and the idea of everyone having their own virtual gizmoduck armor (and Huey's having the big long legs like in his dream was a nice touch) are actually good set pieces. And the idea of a virtual reality battle with Beaks taking on a giant Andross like form is a solid conclusion to this sort of episode and yeah resulted in a fair amount of laughs I wasn't expecting.

I also want to give credit that the story here actually works. Like I'm glad it's addressed everyone knows Gandra is with FOWL so you would get more why Fenton would try hiding the fact he's with her but they give her a believable back story as to why she would of joined FOWL which makes sense with what we've seen with her character and I like the idea of wanting to build this virtual place to test out all of these ideas where it wouldn't be dangerous and waiting until they fix all the glitches. Like the lesson of "I shouldn't of lied or asked you to lie" was also not really hit that much either as it felt like it was only a couple of lines and most of them were jokes and again it makes sense considering the characters and what we've seen so far. Plus though kind of an obvious "FOWL was one step ahead" I do like the idea of Bradford finding out about Gandra and having her locked away... until I guess like the finale but yeah pretty clear this tech is going to play a part in whatever the endgame of the show is so that should also be interesting and props too they make Gandra feel like her own character with this insecurity about never being sure she or what she was working on is good enough and having it work so... honestly solid episode.

I guess it did have some lame "you aren't going to get away with this" dialogue and you'd think like they could just cut the cord that Beaks was connected to the cloud but more minor quibbles as yeah this was actually a pretty good episode to come back to. Of course now there's only two regular episodes before the finale so if they stay at this quality the show as a whole will have a really solid ending. And even if season 3 did start out kind of weak at least it will end on a much stronger note.

Stumpos

DuckTales "Beaks In The Shell!"
That was outright awful. Say what you will about the Duck Comics, they aren't actually cringe. I was pretty much mortified during the entire episode. This is not something I could ever sit down and watch with another person because I'd be so embarrassed. Just... Ick. 0.
Can you specify why you didn't like it? It seems like violence automatically equals bad for you.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Can you specify why you didn't like it? It seems like violence automatically equals bad for you.
The dialogue and romantic banter was cloying, and badly written, and could have been seen on a bad sitcom in the 1990's. Embarrassing stuff.

Also the violence didn't bother me because it was silly. I actually like Gyro turning Little Bulb into a mecha he could climb into.

Rhaynebow

This was such a cute episode! Huey’s response to Fenton and Gandra being a thing was such a refresher as I’m used to the tagalong kid being all “ewww mushy stuff”. It really shows his maturity and as a relatively passionate shipper of things myself, I totally get that feeling, Huey.

I was at first cautious about Gandra and was initially shocked when I read the premise that she and Fenton were a thing. I figured she was a hardcore FOWL agent. I admit, this show’s many hiatuses have made it hard for me to really understand what’s going on with FOWL, but from what I’ve gathered, they seem like an organization that Gandra probably shouldn’t have joined if she thought quitting would be as easy as saying “I quit, thanks for the confidence boost”. Their reach is quite large and their connection with Scrooge should make it really obvious they know when they’re being swindled. Her backstory made up for her naïveté though; she was practically desperate for people to pay attention to her experiments, so of course she’d work for the Big Bad. I guess it makes sense why she and Fenton would get together.

And what a creation those two MADE together. I’m calling it the GizmoVoid. While the final battle was animated quite nicely, it felt like an excuse to show as many mech suits as possible. You’d think after the 2nd time Beaks stole their armor that these guys would stop transforming and attacking him, but nope, we gotta do it two more times. Hey, at least we got a RoboCop reference this time over the 800th Sailor Moon transformation reference that cartoons love to do. And how adorable is it that Huey’s suit gave him those stretchy legs like his dream? I also liked how all of the suits weren’t just recolors of Gizmoduck.

Overall, this was a nice return for the show’s final run and it was also a great episode showcasing the characters who are usually the B-Plot for Scrooge, Dewey and Webby, none of whom appeared in the episode at all. My fave duck Louie got to appear and that’s the biggest plus I can give!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
It felt fitting for a Huey season to get in one last big Gizmoduck episode and giving Fenton a nice spotlight while slightly continuing the Gandra/FOWL plotline :).

It was nice to see a culmination of the Fenton/Gandra relationship (even if the lead-up to it being a full blown relationship was kind of off-screen). They were really cute together, and their banter and subsequent ability to support and bring out the best in each other was really sweet :anime:.

I was wondering how they'd go about "redeeming" Gandra and it turns out she wasn't so much a bad guy or maverick scientist so much as just a girl who loved science and was slightly unconventional, which no one really appreciated until she found the wrong kind of backing...but then she found someone who can appreciate her and her smarts with love :proud:.

Has Gyro ever called a triplet by their name? This seems to imply he only recognizes them by their cap, which is kind of like how early Launchpad only saw them as color-coded versions of Dewey :confused:.

I was under the impression that the entire main cast already knew about Fenton being Gizmoduck, so it kind of surprised me that apparently Louie didn't know o_O.

Man, even the characters in-universe are done with Mark Beaks and he has to resort to a tricked-out version of a season 1 plot. Honestly Beaks should've been done in the original Fenton/Gandra episode in season 2, but at least we're probably finally over him now. My only disappointment is we didn't get to see Fenton's mom properly slap the cuffs on him in real life and haul him to jail :rolleyes:.

Everybody gets their own Gizmoduck form in the virtual space, and with all those cool suits I was almost half-thinking they were trying to pitch a Gizmoduck spinoff with a team of heroes. And then I thought about the Mighty Ducks :p.

I was expecting drama from Fenton's mom about arresting Gandra for her crimes, but I guess since she's leaving FOWL and helping the heroes, we can just overlook anything illegal she did while working for them :rolleyes2:.

I wasn't expecting it to be easy for Gandra to leave FOWL, and not only is she no longer getting paid but she's going to get stuck in the Lost Library! I smell a rescue mission with Fenton leading the charge :cool:.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Remember when Francisco Angones mentioned many months ago about how there was going to be a Robin Hood episode? He says that it would've been inspired by Lupin the 3rd.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The producers are terrible Duck fans. It's like they've never even HEARD of Arpin Lusene, the Black Knight. I would have killed to see Rosa's best original character in animation.

ShadowStar

As we edge closer to the finale, I want to say that I still believe that my theory -- which is that F.O.W.L. planted the journal of Isabella Finch for the Duck Family to find in the season premiere -- will turn out to be correct.

Now that we know that there is a "Lost Library", perhaps it's fair to say that the Library is a prison or "graveyard" for adventuring artefacts. That could be where Gene, the Harp and the other Missing Mysteries have been placed. Maybe Bradford wants to keep all of this stuff under lock and key -- and we know from his conversation with Taurus Bulba that he does have a "master plan", so there is some purpose that he has in mind for these objects.

There's so much in play here that it makes the wait for the finale very exciting!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
As we edge closer to the finale, I want to say that I still believe that my theory -- which is that F.O.W.L. planted the journal of Isabella Finch for the Duck Family to find in the season premiere -- will turn out to be correct.

Now that we know that there is a "Lost Library", perhaps it's fair to say that the Library is a prison or "graveyard" for adventuring artefacts. That could be where Gene, the Harp and the other Missing Mysteries have been placed. Maybe Bradford wants to keep all of this stuff under lock and key -- and we know from his conversation with Taurus Bulba that he does have a "master plan", so there is some purpose that he has in mind for these objects.

There's so much in play here that it makes the wait for the finale very exciting!
In the Duck comics by Rosa,
the Lost Library is a reference to the Lost Library of Alexandria. The Ducks spent quite an adventure searching for whatever information it had before it was destroyed, and go from place to place trying to find out if any valuable books or information survived. Eventually they wind up learning that the knowledge of the Lost Library was discovered by Duckburg town founder Cornelius Coot, who passed it down to his son Clinton, who founded the Junior Woodchucks using the knowledge. Apparently every single piece of important information lost from the Library of Alexandra can be found in the Junior Woodchucks' Guidebook. Basically the Junior Woodchucks were the original Guardians Of The Lost Library. Isn't that cool?

Now the question remains if the show is going to go down that road or not. I am going to be cynical and suspect not. The Junior Woodchucks are one of the coolest things about the Duck Comics. And Dewey and Louie treat them on the show as if they are lame and uncool. Obviously the writers think that too which is why the show fails Barks and Rosa on every level. It's such a cool idea that the Woodchucks have such a mythic place in history, but I don't think the writers think stuff like that is cool. Which is why I am always unhappy with the decisions the show makes.

I really hope the show pleasantly surprises me and redeems the idea of the Woodchucks in the audience's eyes via this mysterious Lost Library. But I am not going to get my hopes up for a second. I expect my heart will be broken if I do.

For many Duck fans "Guardians Of The Lost Library" is considered not only the best Rosa story, and not only the best Duck story, but perhaps the best comic book story of all time.

Here is the Wikipedia page on it.

powerjake

Banned
Never made sense why Burger Beagle was changed from being fat guy who talked a lot into being both skinny and silent character. Francisco Angones claimed Burger was a stereotypical fat guy and a target of bullying toward fat people that had no place in the Ducktales reboot.

Other cartoons had fat characters like Cartoon Networks Chowder, Clarence and The Amazing World of Gumball's father character Richard Watterson, also Nickelodeons SpongeBob SquarePants has Patrick Star and nobody complained about those characters..

ShadowStar

In the Duck comics by Rosa,
the Lost Library is a reference to the Lost Library of Alexandria. The Ducks spent quite an adventure searching for whatever information it had before it was destroyed, and go from place to place trying to find out if any valuable books or information survived. Eventually they wind up learning that the knowledge of the Lost Library was discovered by Duckburg town founder Cornelius Coot, who passed it down to his son Clinton, who founded the Junior Woodchucks using the knowledge. Apparently every single piece of important information lost from the Library of Alexandra can be found in the Junior Woodchucks' Guidebook. Basically the Junior Woodchucks were the original Guardians Of The Lost Library. Isn't that cool?

Now the question remains if the show is going to go down that road or not. I am going to be cynical and suspect not. The Junior Woodchucks are one of the coolest things about the Duck Comics. And Dewey and Louie treat them on the show as if they are lame and uncool. Obviously the writers think that too which is why the show fails Barks and Rosa on every level. It's such a cool idea that the Woodchucks have such a mythic place in history, but I don't think the writers think stuff like that is cool. Which is why I am always unhappy with the decisions the show makes.

I really hope the show pleasantly surprises me and redeems the idea of the Woodchucks in the audience's eyes via this mysterious Lost Library. But I am not going to get my hopes up for a second. I expect my heart will be broken if I do.

For many Duck fans "Guardians Of The Lost Library" is considered not only the best Rosa story, and not only the best Duck story, but perhaps the best comic book story of all time.

Here is the Wikipedia page on it.

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing all of that info, Fone Bone!

Korra_Fan

The producers are terrible Duck fans. It's like they've never even HEARD of Arpin Lusene, the Black Knight. I would have killed to see Rosa's best original character in animation.

I think the animators, at least, heard of him: the guy calling himself "Professor Rhutt Betlah" who was trying to scam Scrooge at the Christmas party in Season 2's Christmas episode seemed to obviously be him even though I highly doubt that was the intention in the episode's script.

I also can't say I share your cynicism about them not utilizing the Lost Library story's Junior Woodchucks connection. For one thing, acting as though what Dewey and Louie think are the writers' thoughts is disingenuous, especially when this is Huey's season and so he's most likely to prove them wrong in the end. And for another thing, the whole season opened up with a Junior Woodchuck episode, and the whole story arc with FOWL is centered around the journal of Isabella Finch, one of the Junior Woodchucks' co-founders. That connection is definitely gonna come into play.

Mark Beaks was the only major drawback here.

I'm fine with Mark Beaks when he's driving the conflict, but yeah, he felt bizarrely shoehorned in here despite having his name in the title. We already had a solid conflict going, so his presence just came off as an intrusion.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I think the animators, at least, heard of him: the guy calling himself "Professor Rhutt Betlah" who was trying to scam Scrooge at the Christmas party in Season 2's Christmas episode seemed to obviously be him even though I highly doubt that was the intention in the episode's script.

I also can't say I share your cynicism about them not utilizing the Lost Library story's Junior Woodchucks connection. For one thing, acting as though what Dewey and Louie think are the writers' thoughts is disingenuous, especially when this is Huey's season and so he's most likely to prove them wrong in the end. And for another thing, the whole season opened up with a Junior Woodchuck episode, and the whole story arc with FOWL is centered around the journal of Isabella Finch, one of the Junior Woodchucks' co-founders. That connection is definitely gonna come into play.

I'm fine with Mark Beaks when he's driving the conflict, but yeah, he felt bizarrely shoehorned in here despite having his name in the title. We already had a solid conflict going, so his presence just came off as an intrusion.
Thank you for the reminder of the beginning of the season, and that is definitely evidence they will tie the Woodchucks into the Lost Library. However, I don't think it's disingenuous to call the producers on the fact that they seem to use Dewey and Louie as surrogate characters far more than they do Huey and Webby. Webby's earnestness is portrayed as weird and odd while Dewey and Louie's sociopathy is portrayed as laid-back and easy-going. It is not actually out of line to fear the worst about the writers sharing their warped opinions seeing as they always make the moral of most episode's featuring them that their respective image obsession and con-artistry is an actual selling point and the reason Scrooge respects them.

Webby wants to do the right thing and is portrayed as out of control for it. Dewey and Louie want to do the wrong and lazy thing and they are portrayed as chill for it. Me being concerned that the writers themselves think the Woodchucks sucks is a valid fear.

Again, I appreciate the reminder of the beginning of the season. Maybe things will turn out all right there after all. But I always feel that DuckTales 2017 is a show made by people who hate the Disney Ducks and want to prove to kids they can make them cool instead of boring. And Dewey and Louie's characterization is the biggest thing that tells me the producers do not get it. I'm not saying they are as obnoxious as Calliou. But their negative behavior is also consistently reinforced, and none of the fans of this show seem to have a problem with it. My cynicism may wind up misplaced about this one thing, but it is not disingenuous. It is fully earned.

Rhutt Betlah is actually a character from the comics. He discovered the Square Eggs and Chickens from the land of Plain Awful in "Lost In The Andes".

Korra_Fan

Dewey and Louie's characterization is the biggest thing that tells me the producers do not get it. I'm not saying they are as obnoxious as Calliou. But their negative behavior is also consistently reinforced, and none of the fans of this show seem to have a problem with it. My cynicism may wind up misplaced about this one thing, but it is not disingenuous. It is fully earned.

I will admit that I don't usually have a problem with Louie. From episode 1, he was called out as "the evil triplet", so behaving like a jerk is to be expected. I also don't feel like his behavior has been all that reinforced. "The Great Dime Chase", "The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra", "Day of the Only Child", "Storkules in Duckburg", "Happy Birthday, Doofus Drake", "Timephoon", "The Richest Duck in the World", "Louie's Eleven", "New Gods on the Block" - all of these episodes end in Louie suffering because of his insistence on doing something the wrong (read: selfish, greedy and/or dishonest) way. I also think the show does a good job justifying why he is the way he is - as the youngest triplet, he is actually the most insecure and easily scared of them all, and his behavior is a misguided effort to stay in control of all situations because with control comes security.

Dewey, however...I might as well get this off my chest: I can't stand Dewey on this show. He was kind of sympathetic early on with the whole Della plot, but I found myself losing more and more sympathy the longer the show went on and we had to continuously put up with his obnoxious, loud, attention-seeking, narcissistic, callous, shove-his-name-into-anything-he-can attitude. And with Dewey, I actually agree with you on the writers having a blind spot because of given how overexposed he is and the way he's used in plots, I get the impression the writers actually find him endearing and don't see the problems. "Louie's Eleven" was basically Louie regressing from the lesson he learned in Season 2 about not being able to control all the variables in life just for the sake of glorifying Dewey (we have that whole tirade from Beaks' mom about how "there's nothing it about" Louie, and then at the climax of the episode she's impressed with Dewey's stupid yo-yo tricks and says "Now that is it"; kinda think there's a statement being made there). And then we have the nonsense that was Scrooge calling Dewey "his favorite great-nephew" in "The Fight for Castle McDuck", which is direct validation of Dewey's earlier statement of "It's just a little sibling rivalry. My brothers and I get into it all the time, but it's no big deal because, deep down, they all know I'm the best one."

So yeah, on second thought, maybe the actual reason I trust the writers to do right by Huey and the Junior Woodchucks in the finale is that of the other two siblings, it's usually been Louie dissing them and calling them lame, and I think the writers have more objectivity when it comes to him. If Dewey was the one usually doing the dissing, then I might believe it was a reflection of the writers' feelings.

Rhutt Betlah is actually a character from the comics. He discovered the Square Eggs and Chickens from the land of Plain Awful in "Lost In The Andes".

Oh. Well, never mind then. I guess Arpin Lusene's animated debut still has yet to transpire.

Last edited:

Stumpos

Thank you for the reminder of the beginning of the season, and that is definitely evidence they will tie the Woodchucks into the Lost Library. However, I don't think it's disingenuous to call the producers on the fact that they seem to use Dewey and Louie as surrogate characters far more than they do Huey and Webby. Webby's earnestness is portrayed as weird and odd while Dewey and Louie's sociopathy is portrayed as laid-back and easy-going. It is not actually out of line to fear the worst about the writers sharing their warped opinions seeing as they always make the moral of most episode's featuring them that their respective image obsession and con-artistry is an actual selling point and the reason Scrooge respects them.

Webby wants to do the right thing and is portrayed as out of control for it. Dewey and Louie want to do the wrong and lazy thing and they are portrayed as chill for it. Me being concerned that the writers themselves think the Woodchucks sucks is a valid fear.

Again, I appreciate the reminder of the beginning of the season. Maybe things will turn out all right there after all. But I always feel that DuckTales 2017 is a show made by people who hate the Disney Ducks and want to prove to kids they can make them cool instead of boring. And Dewey and Louie's characterization is the biggest thing that tells me the producers do not get it. I'm not saying they are as obnoxious as Calliou. But their negative behavior is also consistently reinforced, and none of the fans of this show seem to have a problem with it.
Okay, you do realize there are several episodes where Webby actually is right while Louie's wrong like:
  • Living Mummies of Toth Ra where Webby is right in that Louie shouldn't have been so greedy and touching everything
  • Great Dime Chase where Louie has to learn to stop being lazy and work for things
  • Terror of the Terra firmians where Webby was right about Terra firmians existing
  • In general, Louie's very arc in season 2 was him having to use his scheming and sharpness in seeing all angles for good in episodes like Timephoon (where he was even grounded), GlomTales (where he faces consequences for last episode and even uses his wits to stop the villains), and Richest Duck in the World (where he learns humility in the first place).
  • Shadow War where Dewey, Louie, Huey, and Donald all have to learn to forgive Scrooge for his actions with Webby, Launchpad, and Beakley as voices of reason.
  • And what's wrong with Louie being admired for actually being able to see all angles seeing how that makes him sharper than the sharpies like in Scrooge's mantra and has helped the family lots of times like in Most Dangerous Game Night and Rumble for Ragnorak
I am positive Scrooge claiming Dewey was his favorite was more of a joke rather than something to take seriously especially since Scrooge just thought Dewey died (I'm sure he'd have said the same thing if Donald, Della, Huey, or Louie died as well).

And if y'all are really gonna hate on Dewey, I wonder what you all think of Cricket on Big City Greens and Sprig on Amphibia since they're also reckless and impulsive boys too like Dewey.

What's so bad about Ducktales being so different from comics (and I doubt different equals no respect)? Disney isn't really known for being by the book with adaptations. Just look at their animated films like Fox and the Hound, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Big Hero 6 and you can see they take a ton of liberties with the source materials so if you wanna rag on Ducktales for that, you may as well say Disney in general has no respect for literature.

powerjake

Banned
What's so bad about Ducktales being so different from comics (and I doubt different equals no respect)? Disney isn't really known for being by the book with adaptations. Just look at their animated films like Fox and the Hound, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Big Hero 6 and you can see they take a ton of liberties with the source materials so if you wanna rag on Ducktales for that, you may as well say Disney in general has no respect for literature.

I think he is talking about the DuckTales reboot going a bit too far in imitating some cartoons like Steven Universe, Adventure Time and Gravity Falls, Maybe he is not into the storytelling being serialized stories, with a more grounded tone, and a select focus on character development in the show.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts