"DuckTales" (2017) Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

TsWade2

Apr 5, 2015
Moonvasion
Wow, what a way to end season 2 of Ducktales! The aliens of the moon taking over the earth that got the people of Duckburg running like crazy. Great to see Darkwing Duck again, well the new version of him. Scrooge was trying to make a strategy with an army of his allies to stop Lunaris destroying the earth and it kind of backfired. Meanwhile, Della and the kids got shipwrecked or planewrecked on the island where Della finally got reunited by her brother Donald Duck with his own Mickey Mouse version of Wilson. LOL! Also, great to see Fethry and ..........Gladstone again. Shrug. Then, Glomgold this hilarious idiotic villain tried help Scrooge by making him dressed up as Santa Claus. LOL! When Della, Donald, and the kids came back from Duckburg, Della, Donald, Scrooge, and the kids fly to outer space to try to stop Lunaris for destroying Earth for good. They're almost getting killed until Penumbra saved their lives and Lunaris is defeated. Everybody is celebrated, until we have a cliffhanger. I'm surprise that Scrooge's businessmen are part of the F.O.W.L. group. You know, I sometimes think business people are evil people, but that's another story. I'm shocked that Gandra Dee is going to be a villain and almost laugh that Steelbeak from Darkwing Duck is in it and this Heron villain what's her name again? And I'm surprise that Funzone Warlus mascot is none other than Phantom Blot from Mickey Mouse Works and House of Mouse. Yikes!

Great season finale. I read all of you guy's reviews and I have to disagree with some of you, but I'll accept it. Anyway, can't wait for season 3 whenever they premiere it. And tomorrow after work, I'm going to post my wishlist for season 3 of Ducktales. Have a magical day! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Orangesilentplanet

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
I have been kinda jumping in and out of this show, mostly checking out only the episodes advancing the main plot-lines or the ones with characters I like. I don't outright dislike the show, but I think its take on Scrooge (who, when written correctly, is probably my favorite character of the Duckverse comics) is kinda lame and it kills a lot of interest for me. But, I have to admit, that Phantom Blot tease got me excited, since he is easily my favorite villain of the whole Disney comic-verse and his past cartoon appearences haven't done him complete justice (although The House of Mouse incarnation wasn't too bad). I really hope that he is the one villain this show plays straight and doesn't give him a goofy personality or have him lose to one of the kids in a slapstick-y fist fight, since his whole point is to be the one actually charismatic and dangerous criminal mastermind in a world of cartoon antics.

Although, no matter how well they pull off his personality, it's going to be weird to have him without Mickey. Kinda like having Joker as a villain in a Superman cartoon without a single appearence from Batman.

glennbyrnes

Jul 30, 2018
SYLMAR
This episode gave me two questions to ask.

1. What does Scrooge have against Santa Claus?

2. How did a dope like Glumgold ever get to be the second richest duck on Earth?

ShadowStar

Nov 11, 2006
USA
Since Santa was confirmed for season 3 at SDCC, surely they will air that episode before year's end, even if the other episodes have to be held back until 2020.

"Timephoon!" was wonderful - I enjoyed that one a lot! It was funny, well-paced and exciting.

"GlomTales!" was good but I think it did take its time to get going, by virtue of the fact that all of the villains had to be recruited. The episode's finale was worth it.

"The Richest Duck in the World!" seemed like a rather out-of-left-field episode, for whatever reason, but I thought that the Bombi made for an interesting antagonist. The Della sub-plot was very good too, even though it's hard to believe that she would only mention her transmissions at this very late point in the season. I wonder if F.O.W.L. will be revealed to be the culprits in season 3...

"Moonvasion!" part 1 was terrific! The battle on the road to Duck Manor was the highlight - it just looked great (excellent animation and character shots). The drama involved in Della taking the kids away without them knowing that they were fleeing was good as well. This episode was one of the most satisfying episodes to date!

"Moonvasion!" part 2 was good but the rushed nature of the frantic climactic battle and conclusion was a little bit off-putting. I enjoyed it more on second viewing though, as I was able to anticipate where it was going and enjoy it all the more for that. On first viewing, I was concerned that Della would die and I was confused as to precisely what was going on, mainly because of Glomgold's shenanigans. They took some big risks with this one, not the least of which was the whole Mickey Mouse melon thing. The animation was also off in this episode - at least one of the animation studios clearly struggled to animate Lunaris and Penumbra. Overall though, I felt that it was a good episode and a solid season finale. Most importantly, Lunaris's defeat played well, despite the fact that he had been made to appear unstoppable in the previous episode. I'm glad that this wasn't the series finale though, as the abrupt conclusion undermined any sense that this could have been the reboot's final episode. The throwback to Della's lullaby from "Whatever Happened to Della Duck?!" was a highlight, as was the music during the space battle.

TsWade2

Apr 5, 2015
Okay boys and girls, it's time for my wish list on Ducktales Season 3. Here we go:

1. Please make a musical episode. Sorry, but I love musicals.

2. Give Dewey and Launchpad more friendship bond. I just can't understand why Launchpad hasn't called Dewey "little buddy" yet?

3. Since Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers are going to be in this, please keep the original voice actors for Chip, Dale, Gadget, and Monterey Jack. I know Peter Cullen retired, (well that's what I've heard) I've heard Jim Cummings was also the voice of Monterey Jack (Which I don't understand why Frank Agones didn't bother to let Jim play Don Karnage.).

4. Let the McDuck family visit Cape Suzette.

5. Since Kit and Molly from Talespin are going to be in it and they're going to be grown up, I would like to see Baloo as a mirage reflection on either the clouds or a Cape Suzette billboard says to Kit, "I'm proud of ya, kid!" or "I'm proud of ya, lil' britches!"

6. Have Drake Mallard AKA Darkwing Duck adopt Gosalyn like the original Darkwing Duck did in the original show of the same name.

7. Make Darkwing Duck and Negaduck fight each other.

8. Make Gosalyn make friends with Webby, Lena, and Violet.

9. Give Donald and Della their own episode of their bonding.

10. Give Jose Carioca and Panchito Pistoles another appearances.

11. Since Goofy is going to be there, please include Max.

12. If season 3 is their last season, please make a great ending and no more of those Goddang cliffhangers.

There you go. Now, my wishlist is no guaranteed it'll happen, but we'll see what happens.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
So which characters are more likely to appear at some point. April, May, and June, or Goldie's grand daughter whose name I don't want to type I am afraid the moderators might not like it (I remember I had problems with typing the name of the girl band from the Archie comics), but I just call her Duckie.

While Daisy is not on the show yet, but confirmed to appear in season 3, they are all related to characters on the show, they all have equal chance. If Goldie's grand daughter does appear, I think the voice of Leni Loud, Liliann Mumy would be idal to voice her.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
So Daisy is not someone from Donald's past in this show, okay? I am excited to see them meet for the first time, though I would have not minded if she was a friend from Donald and Della's childhood, who they lost touch with, doesn't mean they have to be estranged. My idea if she knew Donald in the past, is she was Della best friend who had a crush on Donald, but he was too dense to notice. And they never had a romantic relationship back than, so they would be on good terms when they meet again.

I just want no love triangle with Gladstone. I don't think they will be, especially since Donald and Gladstone are on good terms in this series. When Gladstone was one of the people rescuing them in "Moonvasion", Donald didn't mind. The Carl Barks comic Donald would throw a fit if he had to accept help from Gladstone.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
This is such a good idea. I can't wait for season 3!

"Happy Birthday, Doofus Drake!" premiered here this morning. Still no Donald... it looks like he will be knock-out until the season finale :(

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

Francisco Angones said that for the DuckTales episode "The Secret Of Castle McDuck", he and co-creator Matt Youngberg were aiming to get Alan Young to voice Scrooge's father, but because he died before it could happen, Graham McTavish was cast in the role.

Reactions: RDG

ShadowStar

Nov 11, 2006
USA
I hope that when sparks start to fly between Donald and Daisy, Della will be encouraging. She should be happy for her brother and I'll be annoyed if she treats Daisy badly. Della ought to be grateful that Donald was devoted to her children for such a long time and I hope that she'll feel that he deserves to be happy at last.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If Flintstones = Grand Dad, what does Yogi Bear equal? Grand Bear?
It took me all day and most of the month, but I finally got my 2 laptops upgraded (SSD, new RAM, replaced any and all broken parts, full cleanup of useless programs and salvaging useful ones). It was rough work, but I enjoyed every minute of it!

Someday, I'm gonna do this for a living, honestly.
Asa
What is with Nickelodeon US refusing to air the Pineapple RV episode of SpongeBob? It's already been aired in some countries, how come America didn't get it yet?
Tex Avery's MGM Cartoons are finally getting a blu-ray release after years of us waiting, at last!
#RIPKobe, Gigi, and the others in the helicopter.