DreamWorks Animation News and Discussion Thread

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
If I recall, the last few episodes of Trollhunters did the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, it did appear on there as well. Most likely they'll continue this trend with Voltron and the recurring/upcoming series. The closing logo that was teased last year for their TV unit needs to be seen as well:

Screenshot_2018-06-09-07-04-01.png

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Illumination should launch one then.

Because once NBCUniversal is able to launch a SVOD service under the Universal Kids name (which they can prepare for starting in September if they choose to do so), every NBCUniversal division is gonna have to do their part to provide original content. Not just DWA, but Illumination, Universal Animation Studios (which can produce shows based on stuff like An American Tail and Walter Lantz properties), and Universal Cable Productions (to provide live action shows for example a possible Leave It to Beaver reboot), among other divisions.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist

jaylop97

Staff member
The covers are okay, but for the most part they could have more in them, than and Antz is somewhat creepy as well.

Dudley

Staff member
Ugh, what is it with companies releasing simple covers of their animated films? Even Blue Sky does this. And WB started doing this for the DVD releases of their various cartoons.

Dudley

Staff member
And it feels strange that they haven’t released a movie this year. It’s the first time in a LONG time since that happened.
What’s frustrating is that it’ll be quite a while before we see how the buyout affects the film output. But as it stands, it looks like they’ll do what they’re doing with Illumination: a whole lot of sequels.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
DreamWorks Animation TV Chief Margie Cohn Talks Female Superheroes, Streaming Pros and Cons

Margie Cohn talks about the quick success of DreamWorks Animation Television along with going into brief detail about going into preschool shows and shows with female leads.

Keep in mind that the first two seasons of Dragons had a very small number of people at the rechristened studio. If it wasn't for Netflix swooping in as well as the Classic Media acquisition, DWA would have surely lost its luster only depending on movies and lose even more money.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts