Dreamworks Animation - DHX Media Team-Up

Dudley

Staff member
Though Dreamworks Animation is making more news today about expanding into live-action television production, DWA will co-produce with DHX Media 130 half hours of animated content. In addition, DHX branded channels like Family and others will become the home of all of Dreamworks TV shows, including the Netflix shows, like Dragons: Race to the Edge.
It'll be interesting to see what those 130 half hours will be. The article mentions channels like Family Jr. so some of those might be preschool shows. It's a five year deal too, so it's possible maybe they'll introduce a new show with a 26 episode order each of those years. No doubt the series will be either be based off of their movies or the various Classic Media properties. But original properties would be a nice surprise too.

SweetShop209

Weird. I was thinking of making a post on what channel DreamWorks shows could go on. In any case, it's nice to see a collaboration between DHX and DreamWorks, which can help them out more in the future. Plus, the Netflix DreamWorks shows will have a home on TV for people without Netflix.

Gear3dGryph0n

DHX should really move to take over qubo in the US. That channel has been running on fumes ever since Classic Media, NBC, and Big Idea Entertainment pulled out, and in my market it's the only free alternative to PBS.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Since I'm in New Hampshire, there's snow outside today.
kecskezombi01 wrote on KristofLaci991130's profile.
Hello, here. Are you living in a Hungarian city?
Is it me or is marketing for modern cartoons going through some kind of dark age right now?
This is darkly hilarious.

Featured Posts