Dream Thread

Kury Wagner

Jizzyboobgirlkury
(I know there have been a few of these, but eh.) Dreams. Crazy visions in your head. I always have many weird dreams. And one I had last night made me want to start this thread.

I was in a very familar old house. I think it was supposed to be the house I grew up in. And I was with my parents. It gets foggy here, then I remember I was in the kitchen with my dad and someone walked in. It was . . . Gwen! (Yes, our wonderful Gwen.) Apparently she was my parents' old neighbor! And it was so weird because my parents thought that I never met her before. I greeted her and stuff. Then I woke up (in the dream) to find myself lying in a car in a lot of a gas station, saddened that meeting Gwen was just a dream. Then I really woke up.

Crazy, eh? I thought it was truely bizzare. Anyone have any dreams of TZers, or just crazy dreams you'd like to discuss?

Demonic Raven

Waking up, only to find out you are still dreaming..and then waking up for real. That's always fun. :p

I almost never remember my dreams. Usually it's garbled up nonsence that is just that....garbled up nonsence. Occasionally I have a dream I actually remember that's coherent. And almost always it's something having to do with school, and running out of time getting to a class, particularly caused by locker problems. Mix that with some other garbled up nonsence, and you have something semi-chewable....

It makes sence, I had alot of these dreams while I was in middle school. Especially in middle school, I hated my locker and I hated the bell. Thank god now I just tote every single thing in my backpack (which leads to more problems anyway. :sweat: ).

Beguiled

isn't telling
Weird...I had a dream once. I was walking my dog with my family and Jenna (old friend) was walking her dog with her family with us. We were in their neighborhood and then we came upon this HUGE black mansion. We all went inside and soon me and Jenna and our dogs were seperated from our families. Then we started getting chased around by a vampire, a witch and some other evil thingies. We got backed into a corner and right as the evil nasties were looming over us I woke up. (for real)

Went over to Jenna's house the next morning and she had the exact same dream. It was weird.

(I think she was lying though...)

zmanjz

Retired...?
I dreamed that I ran out of gas on my way to a really big shopping mall that doesn't exist in reality. (It's the second time that I've had a dream about this mall, and I swear I know everything about it (Where the stores are located) but the only problem is that there's nothing but a big cow pasture where it would be located in reality)

Anyway, even though we were out of gas, every time I turned the Jeep's key we moved like 10 feet. (Like some sort of bad NES/1980's arcade game hack)

Avery

Queen Frostine
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] So for the very first time in my entire life, I woke myself (and the rest of the house) up by screaming in my sleep. I've never done that before, not even when I had my night terrors. I've woken up panicking, but never, ever screaming. Till last night. And it wasn't even remotely as horrifying as most of my nightmares, either. I think what did it was that I'd just woken up from a nightmare in the nightmare, and it was a perfect replica of where I knew I was physically-- early morning, about six AM, traffic on the street, Mom's radio on in the other room, Beachers and Pheobe (my cats) curled up on me as I slept on the couch with my down comforter and alarm clock locked in my hands, just waiting to squeeze that snooze button. Something was wrong with the furnace, I remember thinking. It was way too loud. It had woken me up. So I pushed the cats off myself, got up to investigate, and happened to look into the kitchen. One of the nightmares from the nightmare I'd woken up from *in* the nightmare was waiting for in there, and darted across my feild of vision. I froze, knowing that sometimes I hallucinate when I wake up from a particularly bad dream, but usually not this long afterwards.

And then it comes by again, and I see it clearly, and I have about two seconds where that wonderful familiar feeling of "OMGOMGOMG TOO SCARED TO MOVE OR MAKE NOISE" came over me, and then I realized that if I didn't make noise and wake everybosy else up, the thing would just kill me and go after them, and they wouldn't have any warning. So I forced it through, and shrieked so loud that Mom was awake and in the room in, like, two seconds, convinced I'd cut my own hand off or *something*. It was an awful scream. The poor cats sleeping on me took off at once, of course. I've got cat sctarches all over me.
[/font]

purplehairedwonder

No woman should suffer at the hands of men
Staff member
A couple of nights ago, I had a strange dream. So, some friends and I went on a trip to Japan and whne we got there, one of my softball coaches had become this horrible dictator, and we were arrested and put in jail. Except, the jail was actually a bathroom (though this made perfect sense in the dream) and I think it was in an airport. So I was there and decided that I wanted to escape, so when everyone else had left to go to the work camp, I stayed behind and waited. But as I was hiding, I found out that it was my last day there anyway, but was going to be in a lot of trouble for ditching work, so I was about to make a break for it when I woke up.

I had watched Iron Jawed Angels earlier that day, and I think that's where the dream came from.

Mr. Pedro

Der Patton
Two different dreams actually.

#1. I was having a rather nasty argument with family members over where we should get breakfast from. I wanted Dunkin' Dounuts, they wanted McDonald's. I wake up before a winner was declared.

#2. I somehow come into possesion on an electric guitar. I was futzing around with the dials and amps to make it loud enough. The only song I remember playing was Uncomplicated.

Jaguar

Cogito ergo doleum
I don't have dreams normally, but the rare times that I do, they usually involve me taking over the world or being shot by either one of my friends or Teri Hatcher.

Youko Recca

Retired
Last night my dream happened to be Noc Turnal falling for his bloodlust and ripping me apart. Didn't know I could bleed so much in a "fight".

sidewinder

I once had a dream where Freddy, Jason,(of horror movie fame) and me went to Canada. We then drank the worlds largest glass of lemonade. Yeah.

ToOn~g@l

Just singin' the blues
Whenever my mom is in my dreams shes usually a really cranky and mean person. Sometimes in my dreams I will do something that I knew was wrong and she just freaks out and calls me names and stuff. Those are not very fun dreams at all and I try to avoid my mom for a few hours when I get up afterwards.

I also had a Toon Zone dream once but I don't want to talk about it because it was just too wierd.

BonyT

Sisyphus in Hell
Artimus Gigan said:
I can lucid dream, so I usualy dream about whatever I want...
Lucid dreaming; that's where you realize that you're dreaming, & can then take control of events in the dream -- do I have that right?

I've only ever had two dreams where I realized that I was dreaming while I was still dreaming. One happened a little after my cat, Nathan Johnson, that I had grown up with, had to be put to sleep because of a cancerous tumor in his throat. The dream was mundane enough, simply taking place at home; but when I saw the cat, I suddenly realized, "Nathan's gone; I must be dreaming." I knew I'd never get to see Nate again, so I very much wanted to hold him & pet him one last time. So I called to him; but he just stood there, he didn't move towards me. Then I knelt down and held out my hand to him, the way you do when you want a cat to come to you, and called him very gently. He just looked right at me, very calmly, for the longest moment; and finally he turned and started to walk away. Then I woke up.

In my only other "lucid dream," I was dreaming that myself and my entire family were peanuts. We were being distributed at intervals along a trail in the Amazon jungle by a peanut vendor; he was dressed in that stereotypical vendor's coat & cap, with his vendor's tray around his neck. He would walk along, stop every little bit and take one of us out of the vendor's tray, placing us beside the trail, and then walk on a little further. I said to myself, "Man; this is stupid. I have GOT to be dreaming." And then it was as though I was pulled back out of the scene; the dream continued, but it was now like I was watching it as a movie, instead of participating. Unfortunately, I had not yet heard at that time that it was possible to take control of a lucid dream and change it to whatever you like, so I didn't do anything imaginative; I simply forced myself to wake up.

Artimus Gigan

Aeris Fries
If we really want to get technical, the average person has over 200 dream sequences a night. However the mind usualy doesn't remember them...

Kury Wagner

Jizzyboobgirlkury
Kids remember that Conan is bad for you!

I had an odd dream last night where Vin Diesel was on the Surreal Life with Caroline Rhea. And there was something about tea with lots of sugar (which is odd, because I hate sugar in my tea). . . and tombs. Yes, my mind is unsafe even for me.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PM if you wanna trade tapes digitally with me. I got some CN/Nick/Disney tapes.
I can't believe Tangled is a decade old!
Happy 28th anniversary to Aladdin.
kanc wrote on Schedulemaster101's profile.
hello