Dragonball GT "Dragonball Chronicles Edition" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this run of "Dragonball GT"!

Votes: 1 25.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 50.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
No GT rap on the Toonami run! Dragonball Chronicles takes over Toonami for the next three weeks and as part of it "Dragonball GT" will get its first weekday run. This is the official talkback thread for the episodes of "Dragonball GT" airing on Toonami March 29th through April 15th at 6.5 PM (5.5 Central) Monday through Thursday. Power up and comment on these episodes! While this thread covers the entire run, please feel free to post about the episodes as they air.

When we last left our heroes, Goku had flown off to train Uub. Buu had been defeated, the Red Ribbon Army finally destroyed and Vegeta is on our side now. Are there any villains unaccounted for? Tune in to find out. Only Toonami.

Spoilers: If the episode has already aired on Toonami this run you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you must comment on episodes that have not yet aired on Toonami this run you will need to use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not seen the rest of the series. Thank you!

The First Week's Episode Titles and Descriptions Curtesy of the Official Website:

Monday March 28th - 'A Grand Problem' - Goku and Trunks are on the verge of defeat, finding themselves in the sinister grip of a mad scientist who wishes to use their Saiyan bodies in his twisted experiments! But what's this? Goku is a child?! The grandest adventure of all begins now!

Tuesday March 29th - 'Pan's Gambit' - With Goku and Trunks being held captive by General Rilldo, it's up to Pan to save them. Disguised as a robot, she is able to outwit the enemy throng! But when her cover is blown Pan must face Nat, a member of the Mega Cannon Sigma Force in battle! Lookout, Pan!

Wednesday March 30th - 'Unexpected Power' - Just as he is freed from Dr. Myuu's laboratory by Pan, Goku comes face to face with General Rilldo's top fighting machine & the Mega Canon Sigma Force! With the ability to combine their mechanical bodies into many different deadly weapons, these Killer-Bots may make this the shortest rescue attempt ever!

Thursday April 1st - 'A General Uprising' - With Giru's dark secret out in the open, Goku, Pan, and Trunks are more determined than ever before to complete their dangerous mission. Having barely survived the terrible Mega Canon Sigma Force, do the heroes have enough strength left to fend off the amazing new threat looming on the horizon?

Alph

They still aren't showing new eps? Dang!

How long until new eps come?

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

No GT rap on the Toonami run!
... just shove it in my face. Hopefully, though, we'll get a nice Chronicles intro. While I like the "How much power does this boy really have!?", WS can do better with... um... 16 episodes of material?

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

While I think we'll get a new intro, I do like the GT Rap... Saying we won't get it though would be like saying "Hey, there's no Invoke! Gundam SEED kicks off with..."

I just mildly wanted to be a stereotypical original intro fan for a sec.

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
William C. Maune said:
I thought you would like the fact that we get a Toonami intro?
Must..resist...saying...owned...

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of these Rildo episodes. I think DBGT gets a lot better when Baby becomes the main villain, but with Mark Menza's music...it's hard to watch ANYTHING.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
I friggin hate Rildo. I mean, Dabura was kinda interesting, Nappa was fun, Zarbon was different (at the time), but Rildo is just crappy.

Rouge12

Is this the first day all three DB's have ever aired in the same day?

Tom(really fast): Toonami, weekdays 5-7. You heard me.

SNS

I don't know why everyone hates the music in DBGT so much, I think it's good (especially in the training at the start of Monday's episode & in the scene when Pan gets angry over Giro's betrayal).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts