"Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero" (Second Movie) News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerjake

Banned
I'd figure they might just look like the video games, except theatrical movie quality. I don't know if Toei has much experience with CGI as I can't really think of any Toei CGI shows or movies. Some people are probably nervous because the studio has such a hit and miss track record.

So you are saying Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero should look more like Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So you are saying Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero should look more like Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
No, it won't be like a DB video game or entirely CG. It's more like they're using CG to augment 2d animation to plus it up to a new level. It shouldn't be noticeable in general.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
No, it won't be like a DB video game or entirely CG. It's more like they're using CG to augment 2d animation to plus it up to a new level. It shouldn't be noticeable in general.

Okay, the teaser really misled people as I was thinking it would be all CGI. I know Mugen Train mixed in CGI expertly, but we'll see how Toei does it. The Broly movie also had CGI mixed in, and that movie probably has the best visuals of the whole franchise.

rayanwatts

I hope they carry on with it on cause i restarted watching Dragon ball z for I think the 5th time now on animefillerlist. Still seems to get excited every time! The voice acting should be fairly accurate, since they redone everything from DBZ in Kai, and the latest movies were good. But now its time for smthing new and even Manga is now pulling ahead nicely, maybe they're waiting until theres enough arcs to justify going back into production with the series. Coronavirus has most definitely had an impact on it too I should think..

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
10/7: Pragmatically, it might just be a cameo. Like in media res, Goku is training with Broly for his daily workout then heads back to Earth.

Red Ribbon Army returns. In the panel, the Producers played coy but then Masako Nozawa, Japanese VA for Son Goku, later confirmed it's them.

New characters are named Gamma 1 and Gamma 2.

Takes place after Broly movie but still before End of Z epilogue. I watched the panel and they did say the movie takes place nearly 10 years after Buu was defeated. It's pretty close to "End of Z" which was 10 years later. They confirm later it's set before the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament.

Post-recording just finished in Japan. But U.S. actors have not started dub yet.

Toshio Furukawa, Japanese VA for Piccolo, reveals Piccolo has an active role in the movie and dotes on Pan like a grandpa.

Could only confirm the Japan release is still 2022. They are still negotiating the U.S. release and ideally want it to release around the same time.

10/8: NYCC teaser officially released.

Last edited:

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Honestly, I was worried about the CGI, but it looks pretty good to me. Not necessarily super high end, but still.

Red Ribon is back, eh? I guess at this point they're pretty much permanent fixtures in Dragon Ball, like the Pilaf Gang.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I'm not so onboard with these visuals, but maybe the story can make up for it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm not so onboard with these visuals, but maybe the story can make up for it.
Some parts look amazing like in the Broly movie, some like the car scene with the villains or the Gammas look a bit too 'video game cutscene CG'.

Vuxovich

Son Goku: Masako Nozawa (JP)/Lex Lang (EN)
Piccolo: Toshio Furukawa (JP)/Ray Chase (EN)
Krillin: Takuma Nagatsuka (JP)/Brian Beacock (EN)
Pan: Aoi Yūki (JP)/Julie Maddalena or Jackie Lastra (EN)
Gamma #1: Mamoru Miyano (JP)/Steve Valentine (think about his Commander Heist) (EN)
Gamma #2:
Hiroshi Kamiya (JP)/Eric Bauza (EN)
Bulma: Aya Hirano (JP)/Wendee Lee (EN)
Dende: Ryōta Suzuki (JP)/Tabitha St. Germain (EN)
Korin: Bin Shimada (JP)/Enn Reitel (think about his Scrooge McDuck) (EN)
Broly: Masaya Onosaka (JP)/Benjamin Diskin (EN)
Dr. Hedo: Miyu Irino (JP)/Eddie Deezen or Charlie Schlatter or Danny Cooksey (EN)
Magenta: Volcano Ota (JP)/Marco Barricelli (EN)
Carmine: Ryōta Takeuchi (JP)/Jim Pirri (EN)

What are your thoughts on each voice actor/actress choice by me, guys?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
12/18: First logline released.

12/20: Character bio lists Pan as 3 years old.

12/21: Gohan and Piccolo are going to have a lot of action scenes. They will be teaming up, too.

12/27: Casting and details for 3 Red Ribbon villains.
Dr. Hedo (voiced by Miyu Irino) – A genius scientist employed by the Red Ribbon Army. Dr. Hedo possesses highly advanced Android technology.

Magenta (voiced by Volcano Ota) – President of Red Pharmaceuticals, the current public face of the Red Ribbon Army. In order to rebuild the army, he gets in touch with Dr. Hedo.

Carmine (voiced by Ryota Takeuchi) – Magenta's confidant and his driver, characterized by his large pompadour.

If I remember right, "Hedo" translates to "Vomit" in English.

12/28: Cast and details about Gamma 1 and Gamma 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts