Don Bluth Launches "Dragon's Lair: The Movie" Kickstarter

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Peter Paltridge submitted a new blog post

Don Bluth Launches "Dragon's Lair: The Movie" Kickstarter

2211826-as-175x130.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Don Bluth Q&A

If the Kickstarter doesn't work (sadly, it seems to be the case), they thankfully have a Plan B.

I highly recommend checking out this Q&A. It's very intriguing.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
He got curbstomped by the MST3K Kickstarter appearing, but it didn't look like he was going to make it beforehand.

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
This seems just as crappy as the first time! The only difference with IGG is that they can keep the money and run if they don't hit the goal.

And it was never going to make it's KS goal period. They wanted $75 before you even saw the actual pitch video. That's a ridiculous expectation that anyone should be paying that much to view a tiny pitch video. They should have focused their efforts better and not priced the obvious reason why anyone would back it at that insane a level. Even the $35 they want to view the view on the new crowdfund attempt is pushing it. They deserve to fail due to poor planning.

Edit: Also, wouldn't topics in this section be better-served by being in appropriate forums instead of this black hole that barely anyone looks at?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Even though the main campaign ended a while ago, they were still in "InDemand" mode on IndieGogo, and now they're going to include a Space Ace short!

Pooky

Given that there's no mention of Bluth (or Goldman) in the article, I'm guessing this is a separate project?

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Am I the only one who doesn't really have a problem with the upcoming film ultimately being a live-action one than being an animated one as originally intended?

Spideyzilla

Staff member
I don't know if this (in any form) is still happening, but the Pitch Package for the Hand-Drawn version that was going to be in on YouTube now. It was originally only available to backers in certain tiers:

A mixed bag, but I definitely would have liked to have seen it.
I doubt it's happening at this point. The Kickstarter didn't get the needed results, not to mention Bluth is now in his mid-80s and hasn't released a feature (or much of anything, really) in over 20 years. We'll see if the live action project is still in development.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today i learned that David Cronenberg (The Fly, Scanners) has a son who’s also a director and i saw a very psychedelic arthouse film made by him called Infinity Pool. I hope he becomes a more high profile director some day.

I wouldn’t recommend it to people who don’t watch arthouse movies though. It’s also very adult-oriented if you know what i mean
Update on the M&M's situation. He has reliable sources in this video.
Review Metabee wrote on DaGangOfToonz's profile.
is there any chance you are stoonsarchvie/sheetposter
Was "Xiaolin Chronicles" dubbed in both European Spanish and Latin American Spanish, like "Xiaolin Showdown"?
It's fun to see James Sie talk about Jackie Chan Adventures.

Featured Posts