Does this currently feel like 2004 or 2009 to anyone else here?

Not all children are like this, but my twin brother definitely was. My mother turned on Ketnet or VTM when we were young. So at the age of 6, my brother didn't even want to TRY new channels. He never even tried Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, VT4, Fox Kids or NPO... There was so much to choose from but my brother never tried anything new.

I'd say it's a minority, though. He was the only kid at school like that. Heck, he still acts like that in some ways.
Yeah im not saying all kids are like that but its a likely occurence

Well, for one, entertainment is quite subjective. TTG does have a clear audience, and I will not hesitate to admit that I get some enjoyment out of it every so often.
Second, TTG most likely won't quite be the first thing most kids watch on TV. It'll either be preschool shows or them just casually observing whatever the parents/guardians are watching.

TTG's "clear audience" is either toddlers who havent developed a sense of taste to be able to tell what quality programming is or fans who either never seen the original show or is unaware of why the show is utterly despised. That isnt the type of "audience" a show should attract. And its not that the show doesnt have good episodes but the fact that there are so little to come by. Yes the earlier episodes were at least decent but the show got downhill very fast. Finding good episodes is pretty much finding hay in a needlesack. And "subjective" doesnt give the excuse to be as lazy as possible or not put any effort into your work and just focuses on being as edgy as possible as much as you want and it sure as heck doesnt excuse you to let you kid watch whatever regardless of quality. There are basic rules when it comes to entertainment such as treating your audience with respect or intellegence, something TTG doesnt ever do. Entertainment is a medium that deserves to be treated with respect and there is most definitely a consensus when it comes to maintaining high standards of entertainment. When a show like TTG is being rewarded for putting the least amount of effort into its show while shows have put actual effort into telling a plot like We Bare Bears, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe get swept under the rug there is clearly no justice being done.

More like, I don't care if the live feed doesn't "get fixed" and I legitimately don't see why people believe it still means everything to a network's success. And that's because I probably wouldn't watch the live feed even if it's lineup was actually ideal.

Also, you seem to be speaking as if they don't WANT to use the other options, when you're claiming these options don't exist to begin with. But beyond that, I know that plenty of kids prefer using tablets over TV nowadays, and prefer services like Netflix over live TV. Thus, it's clear that they aren't just mindless sheep who will latch on to everything they see.

When I was just 6 years old, I remarked on just how much one channel in particular overplayed MASH. And considering just how many cable networks spam one or two shows nowadays... yeah, I'd probably prefer Netflix over cable at that age too.

Because cable is still an important means of entertainment and recieving entertainment. For networks to abandon a huge source of their income for decades now just to move to the next platform thats still in its infancy at best is just plain unwise. There's still millions who need to rely soley on cable and as such its ridiculous to have it be pegged obsolete and because of that, it needs to be treated much better. A competent network would utilize both platforms and get twice the success. Also you're not taking into account that TV is still an important platform that plenty of people use kids and adults alike and kids will easuily latch on to a network regardless of quality. And the cord cutting isnt an excuse to justify the poor state the channel is in.

That's because most people who watch the live channel aren't even viewers of shows like Adventure Time. And they do promote shows like OK KO, Gumball, and Steven Universe a LOT on there last I checked.
Thats because the channel fails to give any attention to any other shows and WBB OK KO Gumball and Steven Universe are nowhere NEAR as promoted as TTG is and are pushed to the wayside

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
TTG's "clear audience" is either toddlers who havent developed a sense of taste to be able to tell what quality programming is or fans who either never seen the original show or is unaware of why the show is utterly despised. That isnt the type of "audience" a show should attract.
No, that's not the show's entire audience. I've met plenty of older people that have an appreciation for TTG (a few of which are on this very forum). In fact, I myself have been binge-watching the old show lately and I am still able to find a decent amount of entertainment in TTG. And I like to think that I have a good sense of taste.

And did you ever consider the reason some people are unaware of why the show is so despised is because they just disagree with them?

And "subjective" doesnt give the excuse to be as lazy as possible or not put any effort into your work and just focuses on being as edgy as possible as much as you want and it sure as heck doesnt excuse you to let you kid watch whatever regardless of quality. There are basic rules when it comes to entertainment such as treating your audience with respect or intellegence, something TTG doesnt ever do. Entertainment is a medium that deserves to be treated with respect and there is most definitely a consensus when it comes to maintaining high standards of entertainment. When a show like TTG is being rewarded for putting the least amount of effort into its show while shows have put actual effort into telling a plot like We Bare Bears, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe get swept under the rug there is clearly no justice being done.
There are many words one can use to describe TTG, but lazy certainly isn't one of them. There's a clear amount of passion behind it, and no matter what you think the show is it's at the very least competently made. The fact it's gotten this aforementioned audience (and the fact it gets at least one unironic laugh out of me per episode) means it must be doing something right.

And no, it doesn't only have its audience because of how overpromoted it is. PPG 2016 was hyped a TON when it premiered, but because the kids didn't seem to catch on to it, it's basically a failure.

And for the record, it's pretty dang hard to come off as credible in this kind of argument when you are displaying a bias steamroller against TTG at the same time.

Thats because the channel fails to give any attention to any other shows and WBB OK KO Gumball and Steven Universe are nowhere NEAR as promoted as TTG is and are pushed to the wayside
Okay, now this is straight-up untrue.

Last I checked, Gumball and Steven Universe both get promoted a LOT still. In fact, I'd argue SU is the single most promoted show of the pack when you take all their platforms into account. Even on TV, it gets pretty heavy promos when a big event happens. It just doesn't rerun because of continuity lockout and most of its audience being an online crowd.

And even We Bare Bears and OK KO do play a decent amount and as a whole aren't pushed under the bus by any stretch.

NeoplanDan

Just Think Twice Before You Say Anything
TTG's "clear audience" is either toddlers who havent developed a sense of taste to be able to tell what quality programming is or fans who either never seen the original show or is unaware of why the show is utterly despised. That isnt the type of "audience" a show should attract. And its not that the show doesnt have good episodes but the fact that there are so little to come by. Yes the earlier episodes were at least decent but the show got downhill very fast. Finding good episodes is pretty much finding hay in a needlesack. And "subjective" doesnt give the excuse to be as lazy as possible or not put any effort into your work and just focuses on being as edgy as possible as much as you want and it sure as heck doesnt excuse you to let you kid watch whatever regardless of quality. There are basic rules when it comes to entertainment such as treating your audience with respect or intellegence, something TTG doesnt ever do. Entertainment is a medium that deserves to be treated with respect and there is most definitely a consensus when it comes to maintaining high standards of entertainment. When a show like TTG is being rewarded for putting the least amount of effort into its show while shows have put actual effort into telling a plot like We Bare Bears, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe get swept under the rug there is clearly no justice being done.

Apparently you really have no idea what "Sense of Taste" really means, this is not meant to criticize you, based on your so-called assumption that you personally think this was meant for "toddlers", despite that it was meant for those who are in between 6-11, also everyone has their own tastes on anything whether if its something that you don't personally like is what they like, plus you have no room to say what these so-called people have no taste or quality of everything, how would you like if someone who criticizes something that you like, you would feel some type of way.

BTW, WBB and RS aren't closely a plot like show compared to Steven Universe or Gravity Falls or Adventure Time (although the latter is mixed), Most of their plot like feel is generally weak.

Plus I'm starting to think that with all of your biased arguments against TTG or Miller is starting to get a bit annoying, its not helping that no matter of what you say, they got the upper hand, not you, there not there to cater you anything but what the kids want.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Apparently you really have no idea what "Sense of Taste" really means, this is not meant to criticize you, based on your so-called assumption that you personally think this was meant for "toddlers", despite that it was meant for those who are in between 6-11, also everyone has their own tastes on anything whether if its something that you don't personally like is what they like, plus you have no room to say what these so-called people have no taste or quality of everything, how would you like if someone who criticizes something that you like, you would feel some type of way.

BTW, WBB and RS aren't closely a plot like show compared to Steven Universe or Gravity Falls or Adventure Time (although the latter is mixed), Most of their plot like feel is generally weak.

Plus I'm starting to think that with all of your biased arguments against TTG or Miller is starting to get a bit annoying, its not helping that no matter of what you say, they got the upper hand, not you, there not there to cater you anything but what the kids want.

I hope it shocks this guy that Clarence, Gumball, and Mighty Magiswords are the shows I have the most attachment to in this current generation, outside of O.K. KO, AT, RS, and WBB... Steven Universe is overrated nonsense to me and has always been, now that I think long and hard about it. And I swear this this thread is starting to harbor an attitude where I have to like stuff like SU just to feel comfortable posting here... I despise that sinking feeling greatly.

No, that's not the show's entire audience. I've met plenty of older people that have an appreciation for TTG (a few of which are on this very forum). In fact, I myself have been binge-watching the old show lately and I am still able to find a decent amount of entertainment in TTG. And I like to think that I have a good sense of taste.

And did you ever consider the reason some people are unaware of why the show is so despised is because they just disagree with them?
Yeah it pretty much is. Heck the only reason the show even has high ratings to begin with is because of how its spammed on the channel. And the older people i know that hate the show especially in other social platforms for legitimate reasons kinda outwieigh those who like it unironically. Its fine if you dont hate the show as much as others do, but looking back watching the original compared to the reboot, the quality is just night and day. And perhaps you dont understand the hate for the show because you havent taken into account the writing or the implications the reboot sets?

There are many words one can use to describe TTG, but lazy certainly isn't one of them. There's a clear amount of passion behind it, and no matter what you think the show is it's at the very least competently made. The fact it's gotten this aforementioned audience (and the fact it gets at least one unironic laugh out of me per episode) means it must be doing something right.

And no, it doesn't only have its audience because of how overpromoted it is. PPG 2016 was hyped a TON when it premiered, but because the kids didn't seem to catch on to it, it's basically a failure.

And for the record, it's pretty dang hard to come off as credible in this kind of argument when you are displaying a bias steamroller against TTG at the same time.
Sorry but when it comes to what people think of as a lazy show, TTG always comes to mind. Whatever microscopic amount of passion that was put into the reboot is eclipsed by the amount of contempt the makers have for their own audience, heck they've pretty much admitted they know their show is stupid but dont care enough to improve it since it gets ratings and kids will eat it up. Deny it all you want but you cant change the fact that the show is overall pandering at its best. The PPG2016 was anything but hyped and was bombed the moment it premiered.

Toon4Thought

Yeah it pretty much is. Heck the only reason the show even has high ratings to begin with is because of how its spammed on the channel. And the older people i know that hate the show especially in other social platforms for legitimate reasons kinda outwieigh those who like it unironically. Its fine if you dont hate the show as much as others do, but looking back watching the original compared to the reboot, the quality is just night and day. And perhaps you dont understand the hate for the show because you havent taken into account the writing or the implications the reboot sets.
Or maybe I just don't think the implications aren't anywhere near as bad as people claim they are. That's also a possibility, and since I'm talking about myself, that's most likely closer to how I truly feel.

And really, you've done nothing to convince me that your claim of the spamming being the only source of the show's success being true. I'm actually pretty sure the show got high ratings well before the spamming took full effect. Not to mention that the amount of older people who hate the show seem to be somewhat of a vocal minority - which is extremely common in circumstances like this.

Sorry but when it comes to what people think of as a lazy show, TTG always comes to mind. Whatever microscopic amount of passion that was put into the reboot is eclipsed by the amount of contempt the makers have for their own audience, heck they've pretty much admitted they know their show is stupid but dont care enough to improve it since it gets ratings and kids will eat it up. Deny it all you want but you cant change the fact that the show is overall pandering at its best.
Well, that's your opinion.

90'sKid

What CN needs to do is realize that it still has fans of its older shows, and do something along the lines of Nick’s Invader Zim and Rockos Modern Life movies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toon4Thought

What CN needs to do is realize that it still has fans of its older shows, and do something along the lines of Nick’s Invader Zim and Rockos Modern Life movies.
Wasn't Samurai Jack season 5 basically that? I know it aired on Adult Swim, but IIRC it was still made on a CN budget and production schedule.

NeoplanDan

Just Think Twice Before You Say Anything

Well that's different, Nick and Cartoon Network are different from each other.

90'sKid

Well that's different, Nick and Cartoon Network are different from each other.

True. One respects it’s older audience, and the other doesn’t.

chocolate

Mentally Still in 2016
I actually feeling 2010 because many great memories that impacted me like the premiere of Sym-Bionic Titan, which later lead me up to an obsession of cartoons.

MOD: Don’t link to unauthorized uploads on YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Finishing up Metroid Dread by acquiring everything only to be disappointed when the last energy tank and missile you needed an Amiibo.
Today's my birthday! :D
Can't wait for the party this weekend!
Microsoft just bought Activision/Blizzard for $68 billion. And people thought the Bethesda deal was huge? Mind. Blown.
I wonder what if Viacom responsed to turner buying Hanna barbera by buying Fred wolf films (meant they would own the 1987 tmnt cartoon) in 1992 or 1993 and they later buy the tmnt ip as well as mirage studios in in the mid-late 90s or early-mid 2000s instead of 2009
PF9
What if Viacom bought Capital Cities/ABC instead of Disney in 1996?

ABC did have a good relationship with Paramount Television after all.

Featured Posts