Does Netflix need some form of quality control?

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Specific examples? And why?
Pretty much all of the adult animated side, Bojack Horseman and F is for Family is too serlialized, Love Death and Robots is too nsfw and weird and Castlevania is an adult animated program

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

the greenman

It's up to viewers to decide what is worth watching. I like Netflix's approach of giving us lots of options to begin with. That is the entire selling point of the service to me. I'm not subscribing so I can get LESS content.

South Park positing that idea is utterly ridiculous. Especially since South Park itself hasn't been high-quality in years.
If this thread is talking about all content, they, imho have mediocre content. If we're talking Netflix originals, yeah they should get a handle on what they do best. However, that can take some precious time. So far we see some major success on Comedy. Be it for Fuller House, Stand-up, and specials. They probably need more variety in that a little, but not by much.

One main benefit to Netflix's nature as a subscriber-based streaming network, is that no idea is too weird or silly. There's no ratings or advertisers to deal with, nor is there any risk of bad scheduling, as Seasons are dropped all at once when they premiere. In short, anything goes on Netflix. As much as this can be a good thing, there's also the obvious downside. As South Park made clear last year, Netflix will green-light anything, even if the show or idea is terrible. For every good show on the network (which there's plenty), there's at least 2 that are either mediocre or straight up garbage. It's very much like Steam in this sense, where it's getting to the point that you have to fish for quality content on the service, and with Netflix increasing its reliance on original programming, There needs to be a better way to find good shows, or at least, there needs to be some regulations in place regarding what Netflix picks up for a series.

I once called the suggestion phone number years ago. I had a few titles of course. They stated the two reasons on why they lack as much variety (as I believe) is not having rights and simply no interest from the viewers.

Mandouga

Oh. We were talking about the stuff made for older viewers (the "mature audience" stuff). Sorry about that, Leviathan. I thought you just meant the Netflix originals in general.

Then again, why do you think we have premium channels?...

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
In general, too. Voltron and Trollhunters wouldn't stand a chance on the big three, since they've abandoned non-comedies for the most part. Even Hilda would probably be too esoteric for, say, Nickelodeon.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
In general, too. Voltron and Trollhunters wouldn't stand a chance on the big three, since they've abandoned non-comedies for the most part. Even Hilda would probably be too esoteric for, say, Nickelodeon.
Honestly, I do hope Disney, Nickelodeon and CN return to showing non-comedies in the near future since I don't think they'll never return to doing so after abandoning them and I wouldn't really consider Trollhunters a non-comedy animated series since it does have a fair share of comedic moments and is considered to be an action adventure comedy-drama fantasy series plus both shows could've fit either of three had they debuted earlier such as Trollhunters being either on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon and VLD being either on those three, CN due to them previously airing the original series, Nickelodeon due to their sister network airing Force and Disney XD due to similar demographics.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts