Does House Of Mouse Still Hold Up?

Does House Of Mouse Still Hold Up?

• Yes It Does

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No It Doesn't

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

SweetShop209

Today marks the 20th anniversary of House Of Mouse. For those unfamiliar, the show focuses on Mickey Mouse and his friends running a cartoon theater dinner club in the fictional ToonTown, catering to many characters from Disney theatrical cartoon shorts and animated movies while showcasing many of the shorts from Mickey Mouse Works. It ran from January 13, 2001 to October 24, 2003.

The show has gotten a large following over the years, but has also attracted some criticisms from those who think the show's premise could've been utilized better (mostly since it focuses on the core Mickey characters and not as much about others). Still, I want to know what you think.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
No. I rarely like cross-overs but this in particular is one of the laziest crossovers. The movie characters are all just background characters and nothing more. I didn't even like it as a child. I only liked the Mickey Mouse Works shorts in between.

Pooky

I found Mickey Mouse Works mostly disappointing, and having the shorts recycled in a cross between the Disney DTV Sequels and the Warner Bros wrap around specials of the 80s didn't really win me over. It was an OK show to catch bits and pieces of now and then, but no more.

JMTV Studios

I haven't watched House of Mouse in ages, but for what it is, it's a fine show.

I would like to see a reboot/revival of House of Mouse because the concept of it can work today.

TsWade2

I love that cartoon! And I'm stiil waiting for Disney to add this on Disneyplus. I hope they're not too ashamed of that show.

Dr.Pepper

Not really, IMO. It’s not a terrible show by any means, but it could (and should) have been better. I would have loved to see more character interactions and less repeats of Mickey Mouse Works shorts.

Dudley

Staff member
Agree with the criticisms. Would’ve loved it more if it focused on Mickey and everyone with the guests, and have them interact with each other more. The Pinocchio episode where he hangs out with Pain and Panic are my favorite for this very reason.
Also, the humor didn’t always land. Some of the jokes were a bit too corny for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor Who Hot Take: The Timeless Child plot is actually BETTER than the Cartmel Masterplan
R.I.P. to reggae singer/songwriter Bunny Wailer and English jazz musician Chris Barber.
New page on the RegularCapital Audiovisual Wiki: WBTV (The Warner Channel) Almost Launched In The UK In 1996. WBTV (The Warner Channel) Almost Launched In The UK
2 people from the 2015 DC Superhero Girls worked on Hello Kitty projects. Shaene Siders (who wrote on season 5) is the showrunner for the Hello Kitty youtube show. Jennifer Coyle (a producer & director) is co-directing a live action/animation hybrid.

It looks like San Diego Comic Con will once again be virtual, with the event being held from July 23-25. They hopefully plan to have large, in person conventions in 2022, but it seems like a smaller venue will be held in November. In addition, Wonder Con will be virtual again, and be held from March 26-27.

Featured Posts