Does anyone remember The Cramp Twins?

AnimatedFan01

The Cramp Twins was a cartoon that aired from 2001 to 2006 with 2 seasons. It was originally aired on 4Kids and FOX as part of their FoxBox lineup, and picked up by and aired on Cartoon Network around 2004. It didn't last very long on there, being gone by the next year.

I don't remember seeing it during its run, as I was very young and probably not watching CN yet at the time. However I did recently watch a couple episodes after hearing mixed things about it, and let me just say I think you'd have to put on serious nostalgia glasses to find any redeeming qualities about this show.

I only watched 2 episodes and that was enough. The two episodes I say were Twin Studies and Birthday Blues, and I found the whole thing to be insufferable. For starters, the artwork was overly stylistic and downright creepy with its mix of flesh-skinned characters with yellow, green and purple-skinned, as well as mishappen facial and anatomical features (e.g. noses just being two circles below the eyes). Then the characters were annoying, mean-spirited and unlikeable: while the twin with glasses was the only likeable character since he was the scapegoat and voice of reason, he was whiny most of the time. And his purple twin Wayne was a complete jerk with no redeeming qualities, always making his brother's life a living hell and being an obnoxious troublemaker facing no retribution for his actions.

The voice acting was no better either. Everyone sounds annoying and the voices don't match the character. And what's Tom Kenny doing here? His talents were wasted on an obnoxious twerp.

I would consider TCT the second-worst non-Canadian import from CN America after Chop Socky Chooks. I'm glad it didn't last long and I never saw it during its run. And dare I even subjugate myself to Pet Alien?

I do and I'm the opposite as it was one of my favourite Cartoon Network shows as a kid plus I also didn't think Chop Socky Chooks was a bad show.

Pooky

Yes, I think it was more popular in the UK than it was in the US. I remember it mostly from it being on BBC2. My initial response to it was negative, but I grew to quite like it. Even though we were a bit out of the target age it seemed to be quite popular at my school, I remember a few people imitating Tom Kenny's voice and saying "Girl pants!".

Dr.Pepper

During the summer of 2004 it came on during the middle of the day and there was nothing else on, so it was always on as background noise. I don’t even remember any specific episodes. I didn’t like it much, and my brother and I called it The Crap Twins.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Streaker Prower wrote on Otakuninja2006's profile.
Hey Otakuninja2006, I want to see more of your Nickelodeon Slam Schedules please
Pixar's Ratatouille is 15 years old today.

It looks like Paget Brewster didn't know that DuckTales would end at season 3 given the surprise she felt when she was told about this at the last recording.
themidnightlore wrote on RegularCapital's profile.
A moment of silence for TCM, that got kicked out from the avatar. Joking aside, the avatar rocks nice the corporate WBD colours.

The winner of this matchup is The Muppet Movie, which got 3 votes. Follow That Bird got 1 vote. The next matchup is between Mulan and Kung Fu Panda.

Featured Posts