Does anyone remember Camp Lazlo?

Santana434

Well tomorrow will be the first day of summer. So I’m going to rewatch camp lazlo starting today since it going to be summertime. I remember watching this show on CN I thought it was a surprisingly good show, joe Murray was a genius for camp lazlo(the creator who also worked on Rocko’s modern life(a show which I never saw but I have seen clips on YouTube it’s seem like a funny show) here’s why I love camp lazlo: the voice work was excellent, the humor was clever and enjoyable, the characters are likable with interesting personalities, and the plots are very original and funny. This was a pretty underrated show during CN’s city era back in the day. If u haven’t seen camp lazlo or if your a fan of rocko’s modern life, then I highly recommend this show.

Attachments

• 88A2B618-8078-41C2-A9AA-3E3B07153E26.jpeg
    88A2B618-8078-41C2-A9AA-3E3B07153E26.jpeg
    586 KB · Views: 169

Dr.Pepper

I guess it was alright, but I’m not missing it. I pretty much only watched it as many times as a did because my brother was into it.

5YearsOnEastCoast

I am quite found of this show. I think it has aged quite well.

Also should this be moved to The Cartoon Network Forum, considering that Camp Lazlo is a CN original?

Showing my age, I remember I started reading this forum at the end of the Lazlo years....back when people were saying CN was losing it's edge. Although I was in middle school when it was on the air, it was a "kids" cartoon I could keep watching...even if I was an Adult Swim guy. Great writing, amazing voice acting, and a unique and colorful animation style.

The Summer of 2005 really was my last summer as a kid....and I believe it coincided with the end of the "Old Cartoon Network" as the years after the network started to lose it's identity. Lazlo was a show that came on in 2005 and pretty much was off the schedule by 2008. You think about shows like Dexter, Bravo, etc. that got air time from like 1997 to 2005....shows like Lazlo were gone before you knew it and only a select few years of viewers got to enjoy it.

cheril59

I remember these moments like when Slinkman snaps for the first time on "Slugfest", or when Scoutmaster Lumpus and Den Mother Doe get married, and when Lazlo, Raj, Clam and Patsy meet the Big Bean to save Camp Kidney.

And personally, I find Miss Doe quite the attractive woman, like a mother I never had.

I remember these moments like when Slinkman snaps for the first time on "Slugfest", or when Scoutmaster Lumpus and Den Mother Doe get married, and when Lazlo, Raj, Clam and Patsy meet the Big Bean to save Camp Kidney.

And personally, I find Miss Doe quite the attractive woman, like a mother I never had.
The fact that the last episode showed that Lumpus was actually an imposter and the real Lumpus arrived and put the imposter in a straight jacket is one of the most insane finales of all time.

That era had some weird Finales....Foster's last episode was really just about Mac moving down the street and it was a regular episode. Flapjack had them do some "drugs" and become "real". Chowder was alright, but not too sentimental.

cheril59

The fact that the last episode showed that Lumpus was actually an imposter and the real Lumpus arrived and put the imposter in a straight jacket is one of the most insane finales of all time.

That era had some weird Finales....Foster's last episode was really just about Mac moving down the street and it was a regular episode. Flapjack had them do some "drugs" and become "real". Chowder was alright, but not too sentimental.
"Lumpus's Last Stand" was the penultimate episode produced, the last episode produced was "Kamp Kringle".

Same thing with "Goodbye to Bloo" before "Destination Imagination".

5YearsOnEastCoast

Lumpus being an imposter was apparently Tom Kenny's (Lumpus's own voice actor btw) idea.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
First remember seeing its show page on CN USA's website in the summer of 2005, don't remember when exactly did the show arrive to CN EMEA, think it was late 2005.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Yeah, I remember Camp Lazlo. I used to watch it back in 2008 on numerous occasions. I thought it was funny for a while, but after that I thought it was annoying and cringe-worthy.

Personally, I don't think it wasn't as good as Rocko's Modern Life.

I realize this is an old thread but didn’t two characters from the show officially host Cartoon Network’s “Cabin Fever” Block in Summer 2005?

I forgot their names.
I think it's Scoutmaster Lumpas and Slinkman, which both voiced by Tom Kenny funny enough.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts