Does anyone felt like Nickelodeon doesn’t treat their other Nickelodeon cartoons very well?

Santana434

Okay, this is going sound a bit off topic. But I felt like ever since Spongebob came around and was the golden sponge and iconic show in the network, Nickelodeon doesn’t seem to give a crud about any of their other shows especially Teenage robot, Catscratch, Jimmy neutron the list goes on. I mean even if those shows get critical response from fans and critics, Nickelodeon just threw them away. The only other Nickelodeon show besides spongebob back then that seems to get the most popular attention is Avatar: The last Airbender. Now don’t get me wrong I love Spongebob(at least up until the first movie) but Nickelodeon might have to start getting their act together and start caring for other shows if they want their reputation of the company pretty solid. Because if it keeps happening like this, then chances are Nickelodeon might go out of business one day. So tell me everyone, what are your thoughts on my opinion? if so, share your opinions.

JMTV

Welcome to Wally World!
Honestly, it's been that way for decades now, and unfortunately it's not going to stop anytime soon, unless they have a miraculous hit on their hands right now(which I doubt).

At this point, I became so desensitized that I just gotten used to it and don't really care anymore because I know for a fact that Nickelodeon is never going to learn.

I know Cartoon Network and Disney has their fair share of problems too, but they're nowhere near as problematic and notorious as Nickelodeon was.

I mean, what was the point of greenlighting original Nicktoons if Nick is gonna kill them off anyway and put them on their sister channels if their shows were not as successful as the sponge?

Some people could argue that Nicktoons Channel ran out of content and if Nick is not interested in arcing other shows on their main channel, they can put up on Nicktoons to keep the channel fresh, but that doesn't mean you'll have to kill off any future potential hit shows that could've give Nick a fresh new light. The more you kill off any future opportunities, the more you push your creative talent away. And with the streaming era, it makes it even worse because not only the spin-off channels is becoming irrelevant, but Paramount Plus never made their own original animated content on the platform that is not based off an IP. Another opportunity wasted.

The point I was trying to make is that Nick has been screwing over their shows for a long time. This is nothing new. In order for Nick to stop being a clownshow, just treat their animated shows better. That's all.

Then again, my opinion on Nickelodeon is null and void since I'm not in the target demographic for the network anyway, so whatever.

ATSFGuy

Honestly, it's been that way for decades now, and unfortunately it's not going to stop anytime soon, unless they have a miraculous hit on their hands right now(which I doubt).

At this point, I became so desensitized that I just gotten used to it and don't really care anymore because I know for a fact that Nickelodeon is never going to learn.

I know Cartoon Network and Disney has their fair share of problems too, but they're nowhere near as problematic and notorious as Nickelodeon was.

I mean, what was the point of greenlighting original Nicktoons if Nick is gonna kill them off anyway and put them on their sister channels if their shows were not as successful as the sponge?

Some people could argue that Nicktoons Channel ran out of content and if Nick is not interested in arcing other shows on their main channel, they can put up on Nicktoons to keep the channel fresh, but that doesn't mean you'll have to kill off any future potential hit shows that could've give Nick a fresh new light. The more you kill off any future opportunities, the more you push your creative talent away. And with the streaming era, it makes it even worse because not only the spin-off channels is becoming irrelevant, but Paramount Plus never made their own original animated content on the platform that is not based off an IP. Another opportunity wasted.

The point I was trying to make is that Nick has been screwing over their shows for a long time. This is nothing new. In order for Nick to stop being a clownshow, just treat their animated shows better. That's all.

Then again, my opinion on Nickelodeon is null and void since I'm not in the target demographic for the network anyway, so whatever.
Well said JMTV!

kanc

The promo for watch shows on Nick on demand and on DVR still continues to make mistakes especially for Friday premieres, that's been like that for months since this year. Don't know really what's going on with the staff and marketing team or executives lately.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Well, if Charter Communications took majority ownership of Paramount Global, they could hire executives who could change all this.

kanc

Which not only upsets the 90's fans, but confuses the current audience Nick is targeting.
Not just Nickelodeon, but same applies with other kids networks like disney channel, and cartoon network.

ATSFGuy

Okay, this is going sound a bit off topic. But I felt like ever since Spongebob came around and was the golden sponge and iconic show in the network, Nickelodeon doesn’t seem to give a crud about any of their other shows especially Teenage robot, Catscratch, Jimmy neutron the list goes on. I mean even if those shows get critical response from fans and critics, Nickelodeon just threw them away. The only other Nickelodeon show besides spongebob back then that seems to get the most popular attention is Avatar: The last Airbender. Now don’t get me wrong I love Spongebob(at least up until the first movie) but Nickelodeon might have to start getting their act together and start caring for other shows if they want their reputation of the company pretty solid. Because if it keeps happening like this, then chances are Nickelodeon might go out of business one day. So tell me everyone, what are your thoughts on my opinion? if so, share your opinions.
From 1999-2007, and maybe 2008, Nick and NN were still watchable, It was after the rebrand did I really start seeing major changes being made to both channels.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Not just Nickelodeon, but same applies with other kids networks like disney channel, and cartoon network.
Arguably, I don't think that applies to Disney Channel and Cartoon Network. Those channels certainly have their flaws and they do have a history of treating some of their newer shows poorly, but I don't think to the same extent as Nickelodeon does. Nickelodeon is far more infamous for treating most of their cartoon series poorly. Quite a few popular animated series from the past few decades have been from Cartoon Network, Disney Channel or a streaming platform like Netflix. I haven't heard much attention for Nicktoons since the 2012 TMNT series.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
If there is one thing that capped off my views on Nick is that they lack an Adventure Time/Gravity Falls equivalent. It further pains me when Nick rejected Adventure Time. Nick really needed a cartoon that was a blend of the episodic comedies with a lore-heavy world and complex storytelling. It had to be critically and commercially successful, was creator-driven and not based on pre-existing IP. Cartoon Network had Adventure Time/Steven Universe, Disney had Gravity Falls/Amphibia and Netflix had Hilda. While Nick lacks a comparable cartoon.

Light Lucario

Staff member
If there is one thing that capped off my views on Nick is that they lack an Adventure Time/Gravity Falls equivalent. It further pains me when Nick rejected Adventure Time. Nick really needed a cartoon that was a blend of the episodic comedies with a lore-heavy world and complex storytelling. It had to be critically and commercially successful, was creator-driven and not based on pre-existing IP. Cartoon Network had Adventure Time/Steven Universe, Disney had Gravity Falls/Amphibia and Netflix had Hilda. While Nick lacks a comparable cartoon.
Nickelodeon rejecting Adventure Time was probably a blessing in disguise. While it could have given them a new series that blended comedy with big dramatic story twists and character moments, I also have a hard time imagining Adventure Time being the same show if it was on Nickelodeon. Or even lasting half as long as it did on Cartoon Network for that matter. Nickelodeon doesn't take a lot of risks with their programs and I'm not sure if that would have changed if they did go for Adventure Time. It's possible, but I have my doubts. Cartoon Network and to a degree Disney Chanel have been far more willing to experiment with their shows than Nickelodeon has been in the last couple of decades.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts