Does anybody have these DCAU rarities?

iammattie

While doing research I came across a ton of promotional/region exclusive/out of print DCAU tie-ins that seem to only exist on eBay if you want to read them, and sometimes not even there. I figured knowing this communities history with the DCAU, perhaps one or multiple of you may have them stored away willing to share! I'm looking for:

• Batman Adventures: Rain-Blo Bubblegum Special - "Batman-Born on the Fourth of July”, from 1994. It was advertised in Batman Adventures as a give away for sending in proof of purchases from gum packets. Brad Rader has most of the rough art and scripts available on his site, but I'm really interested in seeing the final product.
  • "I Love To Read...", this was a series tr hat started in 1995 with 22 Batman issues, 69 Batman/Superman issues, and a superman summer special. It lo ok is like for the most part it was simply reprints of Batman/Superman Adventures titles, but there was some stuff in it that didnt make it's way to the states. I've seen some scans of it on this forum (thanks to pfeiffer-fan if I'm remembering the screenaname correctly), but I'd definitely love seeing anything else from the series that isnt reprinted. We've tried reaching out to the publisher and while they've confirmed they still have the work somewhere, they were unwilling to share.
  • "Batman Beyond Special Origin Issue", this was a promotional giveaway version of the Batman Beyond "Rebirth" storyline which was the first two issues of the 6 issue mini-series from 1999. There was at least one additional panel added that confirmed the events of the story taking place in 2039, but I assume that there was likely more new material than that as to not throw off page layouts. Not sure how much of it is "new" material.
  • "ConEdison promos", from what I can tell these started in 2002 and there's a handful of em. One titled "Adventures with the DC Super Heroes Energy Safety & Efficiency" which has the league on the cover with art that looks like Min S. Ku's, and then there's "Adventures with the DC Super Heroes: Energy and Safety", "Energy and Safety Adventures with Superman and Friends", and "Energy and Safety Adventures with Green Lantern and Friends". Ty Templeton also said on his blog that he did a Gray Ghsot strip for "Con Edison's in house magazine." but it wasnt clear if that was for one of these or something else entirely.
  • "Justice League Adventures: Silly Putty Special" there were at least two of these in a promo deal with silly putty, a Batman Mini-Comic and a Superman one
  • “Super Power Meets Horse Power”, this was a promo issue of Justice League Adventures released in 2004 in conjunction with Hot Wheels
  • And lastly, Ty Templeton did some JL Adventures style strips for AOL back in 2006 for flood safety warnings. He uploaded art for a Supergirl/Aquaman one to his blog, but it wasnt the final thing and I think he said there were actually a total of six of them (I'll try to track down the post again to share here.)

Sorry if this breaks any rules, but with the mentioned "I Love to Read" scans having been thrown up before, and mostly all of these being give aways I figured it wouldnt hurt to ask!

Last edited:

Erased Paper

All that, and you didn't mention "The Batman Adventures Presents Big-Top Batman" (this was only a few pages) in the "November '92" issue of Totally Kids. I don't have it, or anything mentioned above.

Otaku-sempai

I don't know if I still have this, but I do remember DC publishing a Radio Shack tie-in comic involving the TRS-80.

1560782726987.png

There seems to have been several; I'm not even certain this is the one that I had.

iammattie

All that, and you didn't mention "The Batman Adventures Presents Big-Top Batman" (this was only a few pages) in the "November '92" issue of Totally Kids. I don't have it, or anything mentioned above.
I was unaware this existed! I started looking around the web and found a two page story from one of the issues that came in 1995, but it says "continued in next issue" and I can't find that one!

I feel like this list will never stop growing!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts