"Doctor Strange: In the Multi-Verse of Madness" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Canada
I understand what everyone is saying, but what about Doctor Strange 2? Is Marvel really going to wait until 2020? I mean they could. They're doing that with Thor (four year wait between sequels I mean). But it's still unfortunate since we've gotten many Spider-Man movies before. I'm seeing a few complaints online about this too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I understand what everyone is saying, but what about Doctor Strange 2? Is Marvel really going to wait until 2020? I mean they could. They're doing that with Thor (four year wait between sequels I mean). But it's still unfortunate since we've gotten many Spider-Man movies before. I'm seeing a few complaints online about this too.
Well, I imagine we're probably going to be getting a lot of Dr. Strange in Infinity War, so while I hope we get a continuation of Stephen's solo story sooner rather then later, I imagine we might get plenty of development in Infinity War:).

It could be worse. They could be like Hulk and have no chance for a solo sequel at all :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
In an interview, Sphaits commented on using Clea in the future
She’s a tricky character to interpret because her uncle is a kind of fire-headed omnipotent god and she’s kind of a hot babe who studies magic. That’s a tricky relationship to bring out of a comic book and on to a movie screen. But she’s a really compelling character as a foil, a love interest, a colleague of Doctor Strange's, and she always carries with her that width of mystery as to whether she is human, and how human, and what that means for his relationship to her. So we might find a way to introduce her to the story.
So she'll probably be in the sequel. j/k :p

Reactions: Greg91 and Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I'm all for debuting Clea in the sequel. Showcasing her and exploring her relationship with Dr. Strange would, I think, make for some strong material, and Clea would be a great addition to the MCU ;).

Plus, with the way they left things in the movie, I don't see Stephen and Christine reuniting romantically anytime soon, so Strange could probably use a new love interest :sweat:.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
I'm definitely interested in seeing Clea, but sparingly. Marvel is not good at developing the love relationships and they need to confront that. That may be in the Hollywood screenplay "playbook" but they need to realize it doesn't work much. It deters from the storytelling. Just look at 'Rogue One'?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Greg91 and Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Feige confirms they'd definitely like to do a Strange sequel in Phase 4. Derrickson seems to be hovering it.
I'd think a Strange sequel would probably be pretty likely for one of the initial Phase 4 films along with the next Spider-Man movie since it would have been a pretty long while since his last movie.

Past that we would probably get sequels to Black Panther, a third Ant-Man and Wasp movie, and a new Marvel Cosmic movie spinning out of Vol. 3.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Feige confirms there will be a Doctor Strange sequel.
6/28: I didn't think there was much doubt, but with all the news and accolades for other films, it's probably easy to forget that Dr. Strange is still only on his first solo movie :sweat:.

Kevin Feige says they'll continue to explore different genres, such as western or horror.
7/2: Two-Gun Kid! Man-Thing! Marvel Zombies :cool:.

Although seriously, out of all their currently-running franchises, Dr. Strange is probably the easiest to lean more into horror...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
According to Deadline the Untitled Marvel movie scheduled for July 30th 2021, will now be released earlier but it's still unknown which title it will actually be.
An untitled Marvel movie on July 30, 2021 now moves to Feb. 12, 2021 (a date the studio already had penned for an untitled Disney live action film)

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
I recall Derrickson has a TV project so he could be busy right now. That November 5, 2021 may be more likely. But man, what is that would mark 5 years since the first Dr. Strange movie?
There was a four year wait between Thor movies and that series still worked since yeah like with Thor, Strange will be making appearances in the MCU until then as he appeared in Ragnarok, Infinity War and will appear in some form in Avengers 4. Plus who knows how many cameos between then?