Doc McStuffins - News & Discussion

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Cartoon Ruler

Dec 11, 2011
Ratings
1,919 7
Galloway, NJ

What do you guys think of this show? To me, it reminds me of Out of the Box and My Friends Tigger and Pooh, so I'll give this show a chance.

My favorite character so far is Doc, since she's good at pretending to be a doctor.

So far, there are four episodes that are confirmed. Here are there descriptions below (via Stitch Kingdom):

The first episode, premiering at 10 am ET March 23 on Disney Junior features ‘Out of the Box’ in which Little Jack, a jack-in-the-box, is scared about getting a check-up until Doc McStuffins assures him that dad Big Jack will be with him the entire time, and ‘Run Down Race Car’ in which Donny’s toy racecar loses a race for the first time, requiring a check-up from Doc and resulting in the diagnosis that his batteries need to be recharged.

The second episode, premiering at 10:30 am ET includes ‘A Bad Case of the Pricklethorns’ in which inflatable toy Boppy springs a leak and Doc not only treats the problem, but takes on the task of preventative maintenance and ‘Knight Time’ in which Donny’s toy knight sticks to everything, leading Doc to diagnosis him with a case of Filthy-Icky-Sticky Disease.
Try to catch the premiere of this show, which is on March 23, 2012 at 10:00AM on the Disney Junior channel.

If you guys want to talk about this show, just type it down below.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Sep 6, 2001
Ratings
323 1
Princeton Jct, NJ
www.edwick.com
Reviving this thread to highlight my review of the latest Doc McStuffins DVD, along with two other seemingly unrelated titles that share Doc's cross-demographic appeal. From experience, my son LOVES Doc McStuffins, even though he's hit the age when girls suddenly become yucky. I don't have an issue with targeting shows for a specific gender or demographic, but it's really cool to see a show like Doc McStuffins that manages to cross those boundaries so successfully.

I'm a little disappointed that this show gets so little attention 'round these parts, but all the news and stuff I saw at Toy Fair last year and in toy aisles continuously seems to indicate that we're the anomaly.

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
Jun 4, 2007
Ratings
Cartoonland
Doc McStuffins doesn't get the attention that Disney Junior's other favorite child, Sofia the First, gets here at TZ because unlike Sofia, Doc has no in-universe ties with the classic Disney universe. StF gets to stage multiple guest shots and appearances by Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Flora, Fauna and Merriweather and the like, so fans of classic Disney movies want to tune in as well. Doc is just as good, if not better, in some areas, but you're not going to see Jasmine or Tiana turn up on this show. Maybe if the Mouse House staged a Pixar tie-in and had Woody and Buzz occasionally pop up from time to time, the show would get more attention here.

But that's just here on the interwebz. If the numerous Doc McStuffins toys, beach towels, storybooks and sleeping bags I've been spotting all around stores are any indication, kids are indeed watching the show, as well they should.

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Sep 6, 2001
Ratings
323 1
Princeton Jct, NJ
www.edwick.com
Maybe if the Mouse House staged a Pixar tie-in and had Woody and Buzz occasionally pop up from time to time, the show would get more attention here.

But that's just here on the interwebz. If the numerous Doc McStuffins toys, beach towels, storybooks and sleeping bags I've been spotting all around stores are any indication, kids are indeed watching the show, as well they should.
I would pay serious money to see a Toy Story crossover with Doc McStuffins. Or get a Doc cameo on the next Toy Story TV special. I'm good either way. The reaction when Andy/Bonnie's toys figure out Doc can talk to them would be pretty awesome. Buzz/Chilly conversation alone might be enough for the win.

That said, I definitely agree that Doc is a genuine phenomenon among the target audience if not here. It turned into an absolute bonanza for Disney really fast, and I couldn't be happier about that. I think it's ironic that the most visible counter-Princess character for girls on TV today is probably Doc McStuffins. which is also from Disney. I think the only characters that can come close today are the Ponies. Then....uh....I'm coming up way short.

Side note: series creator Chris Nee always planned Doc to be a girl, but Disney was the one that suggested they make her African-American. The show would be just as good if they had stuck with the original concept, but Nee loved the idea right off and it's achieved so much more traction with just that simple choice. I also find it amusing that Nee tells a story in that article that a boy turned to his mom during the show and asked, "Can boys be doctors too?"

BonnieB21:-)

Apr 28, 2011
Ratings
Earth
First Lady Michelle Obama Won't Lead Your Tour Of The White House, But Will For Doc McStuffins

First Lady Michelle Obama is going animated for “Doc McStuffins,” appearing in an upcoming episode, “Doc McStuffins Goes to Washington,” for the Disney Junior show. The episode is set to premiere Oct. 5, Child Health Day.

The First Lady invites Doc and other kids who make a difference in their communities to the White House in the episode, which Disney released a preview of on Thursday. Doc and company are later honored in a special ceremony, where the First Lady appoints Doc to official “toy doctor” for the White House.

The episode is only the latest visit to television for Obama. She is also confirmed to sit down with “The Late Show” host Stephen Colbert and present a challenge in Lifetime’s “Project Runway Junior.”

“Doc McStuffins Goes to Washington” airs 9 a.m. Oct. 5 on Disney Channel.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/michelle-obama-doc-mcstuffins-1201601593/

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,667 8

Lara Jill Miller, voice of Lambie, said that she recorded the last episode of the last season of Doc McStuffins. I guess that means season 5 is the last. At least it had a good run.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,667 8
I noticed how Michael G. Stern was recently made a producer here. At least he found work after Sofia The First, though it makes me wonder where he'll go to when this show ends.