Do you think Apple TV Plus will create a bunch of animated content to be competitive in the streaming wars?

Latest News & Videos

The Overlord

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
Do you think Apple TV Plus will create a bunch of animated content to be competitive in the streaming wars? They seem to focusing entirely on original content, rather than licensing content from third parties and only have 2 animated projects, Central Park from Bob's Burgers creators and a Peanuts TV series, Snoopy in Space, but they only have a hand full of shows at all, at the moment.

Feb 6, 2017
Do you think Apple TV Plus will create a bunch of animated content to be competitive in the streaming wars? They seem to focusing entirely on original content, rather than licensing content from third parties and only have 2 animated projects, Central Park from Bob's Burgers creators and a Peanuts TV series, Snoopy in Space, but they only have a hand full of shows at all, at the moment.
I had been thinking of Apple making deal with Cartoon Saloon for content such as Skunk Fu, Puffin Rock, Secret of Kells, The Breadwinner and Song of the Sea for Apple TV Plus.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Depends on whether the quality is good enough to compete with likes of animated content from Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Peacock and HBO Max.

Kevin Mo

orangemo
Central Park was actually originally created for Fox. So Fox passed on it for Bless the Harts so 20th Century Fox (the owners of the IP), which is now Disney since they bought Fox’s movie and TV assets, got Apple TV+ as the highest bidder.

I heard all the episodes will be between 22-25 minutes each which is nice because sometimes episodes of any TV show could benefit from a few more minutes to improve pacing and storylines. This wouldn’t have happened if Fox picked it up so that’s a nice thing about it going to Apple I guess.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
The podcast Manga Mavericks has posted an episode discussing the first four episodes of Central Park early.

Reactions: Kevin Mo

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

For some reason I keep being reminded of this post I made on a Black Clover talkback thread: C&C - Black Clover - "The One With No Magic" [9/8]

It seems like the inspiration for Maya comes from his wife, mother, and sister.
The good news is I'm not scared anymore. The bad news is, as I have absorbed things, I am now freaking infuriated.
For nick@nite, and I thought full house was the only one skipped.., now George lopez is doing the same thing.. early Mon Jun 1 3:30am was No Free Launch, then skipped episodes to A Kiss is Just Kiss episode aired early Jun 2 at 4am. Very weird for nick@nite, obvi a sign that show won't last long