Disney's Space Chickens In Space News And Discussion Thread

Chevistian C

DaTBaJsUMAI_OZQ.jpg

Surprised nobody has made a Thread about this show yet. well this show will be Disney's first mexican series (Mexico will help on the animation and one of the co creators is mexican) but it will be also a collaboration with Studio Moshi & Gingerbread Co

• Space Chickens In Space is a surreal new comedy designed and directed by Norwegian twins Tommy and Markus Vad Flaaten. Telling the story of a trio of chickens who are mistakenly taken from their homes and enrolled in an elite intergalactic military academy, the series was created by José C. García de Letona & Rita Street, with Jordan Gaucher serving as showrunner. Together with commission partner Channel 9 Australia, Disney XD EMEA has acquired a season of 52 x 11 min. episodes including 11 two-minute shorts. The series is an Anima Estudios/CAKE/Studio Moshi & Gingerbread Co-production and will debut in 2018.
Crew
  • Ciarán Morrison & Mick O'Hara from Danger Mouse & 101 Dalmatian Street
  • Evan Menzel From Oddbods
  • Gorilla Host As Creative Post Production
  • James Hamilton From Gumball as Writter

Last edited:

Chevistian C

It Seems The Show Will Have A Code Type Like Futurama Gravity Falls and Welcome To The Wayne

DM0d8zzWAAIDa7I.jpg

Also Possible Exaggerated First Look At The Characters

Mandouga

Oh great. A redundant title, and with a story taking place at a military academy.

Yeah, where have I heard this before?

Oh, that's right, on a vast number of OTHER Disney Channel/XD series (minus the military academy part, but that's just it; more on that later).

"We think you'll like this show because it comes from a Mexican creator, and was directed by Norwegian twins". I think Garfield said it best: "big fat hairy deal". I'm sorry everyone, but regardless of where the creator comes from (or the director for that matter), this plot seems to be (repeat: seems to be) setting itself up to be yet another sitcom-style series about life at an educational institution (like a military academy), and will likely have military jokes as well (including the "everybody gets punished for what one recruit did" joke, which for some people hits too close to home). Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it even had a stereotypical "drill sergeant nasty" character just so they can make a gag out of it (especially the kind that ends with the "peeling potatoes" punishment). Oh yeah, and of course it may likely have the predictable "school life" jokes as well, complete with the punchline where, despite everything that happened in an earlier scene (or even a number of earlier scenes), we (still) have to follow the rules and do what we're told no matter what (even when [we know] our teachers, etc. are wrong), or else we'll get punished because they supposedly know what's best for us.

(sigh) I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really getting tired of the same old "reality check" message. This makes an entire show feel like it was only done like this in order to assure the "parents/teachers/etc." that the show is "safe" and free of "bad influences" and/or to assure the older viewers (especially the ones who are the same age as the parents/teachers/etc.") that the show is worth their time, to the point where it doesn't allow any of the viewers to imagine the possibilities, and as a result, nobody can (really) have fun with a show in the long run. To put it in perspective, "education" (in quotes because that word may not mean what some people think it means) isn't about telling people they're wrong (or otherwise telling them what to think), nor is it about baiting people into a subject, but I digress. The point is, I've heard this story before. For these reasons, I'll have to think about this one.

TsWade2

I don't know if I'll like it, but I hope it's not as worse as Pickle & Peanut.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Yeah, there isn't too much here to get me interested yet... I'll keep waiting for some clips and judge from there.

In the grand scheme of things, however, I gotta be honest:
unless I can laugh at this show harder than I actually do Pickle & Peanut (which is quite a lot, even though I'm aware of how dumb and ugly that show is, too...), AND it in itself not be boring like Star Vs. ultimately comes off to me (again, all IMHO, of course.) - it will fail for me without question (likely harder than Billey Dilley did, too... And that alone would be pretty sad to wake up to.).

Last edited:

Chevistian C

Gif From The Possible Intro Using
Code Type Like Futurama Gravity Falls and Welcome To The Wayne

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts