Disneys Live Action remakes

powerjake

Has Disney ran out of ideas and become unoriginal?, they have been remaking every classic animated disney canon movie they see. Is this like some their filler when they cannot think of anything to to make for theaters. How many more are they going to shoehorn into production just to make money for the sake of it.

Pooky

In the 20th Century Disney used to rerelease their animated films every seven years, which kept them in the public eye and helped introduce them to each generation. That was superseded by limited-run VHS and later DVD/Blu-Ray releases. Now those can't rouse the same kind of commercial interest, these remakes are a way of reigniting the public's interest in these films, and helps sell another line of merchandising etc. Much like most of what the company does now, I don't like it but I can't deny it's been working for them.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I would like to see them churn out some of the series of books they started and never finished. Great Mouse Detective, Black Cauldron, and Sword in the Stone are all novels with a series of books. They could be making those into films or even series at this point.

They're instead doing sequels to Aladdin and Lion King.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
In fairness to Disney, The Black Cauldron was a blight upon the Earth. I never want to see that continuity revisited again. A reboot might be okay. But a sequel? Nuh uh.

The Great Mouse Detective was neat though.

harry580

In the 20th Century Disney used to rerelease their animated films every seven years, which kept them in the public eye and helped introduce them to each generation. That was superseded by limited-run VHS and later DVD/Blu-Ray releases. Now those can't rouse the same kind of commercial interest, these remakes are a way of reigniting the public's interest in these films, and helps sell another line of merchandising etc. Much like most of what the company does now, I don't like it but I can't deny it's been working for them.
I wish disney and every hollywood studio would do that again, I mean the last time that happen was Star Wars episode 1 and titanic in 2011 (not counting wizard of oz since that for imax theaters)

maybe after the pandemic

5YearsOnEastCoast

I am curious how would a live action of Zootopia look like?

It is inevitable. They would greenlight live action of Zootopia 1 day. Not today, not tomorrow, but 1 day they will do it.

powerjake

Is Disney going to remake all their animated movies from A to Z in their entire library into live action?.

harry580

Is Disney going to remake all their animated movies from A to Z in their entire library into live action?.
well no

I haven't hear about Disney planning to do live action remake for Blue Sky Studios since live action remake projects are limited to Disney studio, not Pixar studio nor 20th Century studio.

The decision with film project is totally up to managers, so Disney studio has own management, Pixar studio has own management and 20th Century studio has own management - they don't work together at all. The film projects aren't request by Disney CEO but it is between manager, director, producer and actors make collaboration on film projects.

If Pixar studio don't have a plan for live action remakes so I can assure you that 20th Century studio isn't going to mess with Blue Sky Studios for current and future projects.

harry580

Honestly, I don’t mind the remakes. For the most part they are pretty solid, and I do not feel that they take away from the originals.
I don't care for live action remakes of live action movies (as long they kept with the original), but live action remakes of animated movies in my opinion feels wrong

the greenman

In fairness to Disney, The Black Cauldron was a blight upon the Earth. I never want to see that continuity revisited again. A reboot might be okay. But a sequel? Nuh uh.

The Great Mouse Detective was neat though.
I do not want sequels to those films. I want live action remakes. They can easily be done, so long as they follow the film versions or maybe even do justice to the original source material in the adaptations. Doesn't have to be like the original films like Lion King or anything. I almost wanted to mention Jungle Book as well, cause Kipling wrote a few Mowgli books as well.

Personally, I think in terms of franchises Disney's hard bent on sticking with the MCU and Star Wars. I was kinda shocked when I heard they would do sequels to Lion King and Aladdin remakes.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

powerjake

well no

I haven't hear about Disney planning to do live action remake for Blue Sky Studios since live action remake projects are limited to Disney studio, not Pixar studio nor 20th Century studio.

The decision with film project is totally up to managers, so Disney studio has own management, Pixar studio has own management and 20th Century studio has own management - they don't work together at all. The film projects aren't request by Disney CEO but it is between manager, director, producer and actors make collaboration on film projects.

If Pixar studio don't have a plan for live action remakes so I can assure you that 20th Century studio isn't going to mess with Blue Sky Studios for current and future projects.

I ment Disney remaking all of their animated disney canon movies only.

powerjake

Disney would have to give up sooner or later once they run out of classic animated movies to remake into live action.

AdrenalineRush1996

Let's be honest, the remakes are a mixed bag and @powerjake, if you get tired of doing threads like this, then I recommend these two threads.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Ordered a drawing board and wooden ruler off Amazon. My Dad's bringing them over on Friday. Itching to try them both. The artwork in The Un-Iverse is about to get a LOT straighter!
Since it will be my birthday in 2 days' time, I've decided to virtually slice my profile picture as a birthday cake and give 12 slices, one is kept to me, one to Bloo and 10 slices to my favorite AS members.
I've been playing a ton of "Pac-Man 99" on the Nintendo Switch lately. Still can't seem to get above Rank #30 in a match....

EDIT: And yes, I'm enjoying it more than "Super Mario Bros. 35".
I just love the reactions to this comment, with some people playing along and others being like "Wait, what?"

I'm one of those Star Wars fans that never hated the Prequel Trilogy and felt it got more hate than it deserved. It wasn't perfect but neither was the Original Trilogy and I felt it did have its strengths.

Featured Posts