Disney XD News & Discussion Thread

CNCN2014

Page 78. Also, no it's not the new logo.

EDIT: Nope, apparently it's real. I checked the Hulu listing and it's right there:
1581199039171.png

Last edited:

CNCN2014

Zap2it is the only listing site that lists Pucca as airing this Friday on Disney XD.

Last I checked, Disney owns Hulu so if they're getting their own schedules wrong then I don't know how they list the show airing if there seemingly is no acknowledgement from the promos or commercials. We'll have to wait and see if this listing is definite.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Last I checked, Disney owns Hulu so if they're getting their own schedules wrong then I don't know how they list the show airing if there seemingly is no acknowledgement from the promos or commercials. We'll have to wait and see if this listing is definite.

Hulu pulls their schedules from Zap2it. Disney doesn’t send there schedules directly to it.

CNCN2014

Honestly, that's disappointing. Disney XD doesn't even have anything special on that day and the only special thing they have on this weekend is a Big City Greens marathon. It's like anything relating to Disney XD is a complete tease.

also that's a bit contradicting, you said to never trust TV listings and yet you post a TV listings page. Granted, this is the same schedule on other main schedule sites, but still.

CNCN2014

Either way, I'm gonna record from 12-3pm on Hulu to make sure that this isn't real or not. Again, everything else in the CORRECT schedule is right except for that strange 12-3pm block. The reason is that I'll be away at that time to see a film so I won't be able to confirm anything yet, but I'm sure people will be here to confirm.

CNCN2014

It sort of baffles me how this was swept under the rug as if nothing happened. Every other listing page had it correct, so does that basically mean Zap2It is basically unreliable?

Argus9999

It sucks that Pucca didn't air, but it's a show that hasn't aired since 2009, so I am not really that surprised.

Sent from my RCT6603W47M7 using Tapatalk

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
It looks like Pucca did end up marathoning on Disney XD Asia at noon on Valentine's Day, which might just explain where the mix-up could have come from.

Still a bit disappointing it didn't happen here, but at least now we at least partially know why Gracenote was listing it.

Argus9999

It looks like Pucca did end up marathoning on Disney XD Asia at noon on Valentine's Day, which might just explain where the mix-up could have come from.

Still a bit disappointing it didn't happen here, but at least now we at least partially know why Gracenote was listing it.
Yep

Sent from my RCT6603W47M7 using Tapatalk

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Sunday:
12m-6a Walk the Prank
Presidents' Day
12m-6a DuckTales
6a-10a Hotel Transylvania
10a-1:30p Big City Greens
1:30p-5:30p DuckTales
5:30p-7p DuckTales

CNCN2014

Kind of find it hard to believe that Disney XD Asia still airs old Jetix content, especially in such HD quality and in wide-screen. I would say that putting those on a late night block in the US would work but advertisers and companies aren't going to try and take a leap when they could alienate the current audience of the channel.

Disney XD isn't that type of network where they'd try that strategy, even though we know that the other channels have done this by putting the shows on a block or streaming service. (i.e: NickRewind, Boomerang).

I'm not saying they can't, they just don't want to have to go through the hassle of buying back the rights to those shows on a late timeslot which would've made Jetix a household cable network. Jetix was essentially Disney's testbed to acquiring shows that weren't necessarily Disney but still created it's own original content and experimented with the idea of an action focused network.

Again, sorry for that little tangent but it's great to know that Disney still cares about the content they've created in international markets, even if it's not the US. I do hope Disney+ ends up getting these shows but I can understand the struggles they may have to trying to reacquire rights in the US.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts