Disney+'s Chip N Dale News And Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Chevistian C

Jan 7, 2017
Mexico

New Show for the +!
Chip ‘n’ Dale, will be rebooted by the House of Mouse for its Disney Plus streaming platform.
The show is being developed by the company’s London-based team in co-production with Marc du Pontavice’s Paris’-based Xilam, the company behind kids and family hits like “Paprika” and “Mr Magoo,” both of which have enjoyed success at Annecy in the past. Pontavice is being honored at this year’s Annecy Festival where he receives its Mifa Animation Industry Award.
The series’ 39, seven-minute episodes will be produced using traditional animation styles and feature contemporary slap-stick narratives as the furry pair struggle with life in the big city.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Disney Europe’s been pretty busy with the cartoons lately! 101 Dalmatian Street, that Bug Show (I forgot its name), Space Chickens in Space, Viking School, and now this.

Also, Xilam is famous for Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko.

Anyhoo, I’m glad Disney+ has another animated series, though something like this I’d prefer as a YouTube series instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RainbowCupcake

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Disney Europe’s been pretty busy with the cartoons lately! 101 Dalmatian Street, that Bug Show (I forgot its name), Space Chickens in Space, Viking School, and now this.
I think the upcoming "Goal Force" is another co-production with Disney EMEA. Or maybe it's just an acquisition.

Miraculous Ladybug and "Ghost Force" are also "with the participation with Disney EMEA", whatever that means.

Disney EMEA is finally becoming Jetix' successor. It's about time :)

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I've only really ever liked Chip and Dale when they were Rescue Rangers, or when they were antagonizing Donald Duck, but that preview image and the fact that it's traditional animation has me a bit interested.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TsWade2

Apr 5, 2015
You guys should've seen the hate on Twitter. Stupid people keep hating it. You know what I should say to them? Sorry, I'm terrible. But anyway, I'm excited for this.

RainbowCupcake

The (Not So) Bad Guy
Dec 3, 2017
United States
Finally another Disney+ cartoon! I'm a little disappointed that it's not an original premise, but Chip and Dale are classic characters and it will be neat seeing them return. I wonder if the episodes will be anything like the Mickey Mouse shorts on Disney Channel.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
They helped finance it and have first-look rights, IIRC. If a Disney Channel in a particular reason doesn’t want it, another channel can air it instead. Which is how Ladybug aired first on Nick, and then Kidsclick.

Man, I forgot how many shows Jetix helped co-produce back then, this is great, and is great for animation studios across Europe.

Reactions: Red Arrow

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
Finally another Disney+ cartoon! I'm a little disappointed that it's not an original premise, but Chip and Dale are classic characters and it will be neat seeing them return. I wonder if the episodes will be anything like the Mickey Mouse shorts on Disney Channel.
The press releases made it pretty clear that "people don't want new things, they want more of the same".

So Disney Channel gets the new ideas, while Disney+ gets this, Legend of the 3 Caballeros, Monsters at Work, 101 Dalmatian Street and, let's face it, eventually the inevitable Frozen: The Animated Series...

Last edited:
Reactions: RainbowCupcake

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
The press releases made it pretty clear that "people don't want new things, they want more of the same".

So Disney Channel gets the new ideas, while Disney+ gets this, Legend of the 3 Caballeros, Monsters at Work, 101 Dalmatian Street and, let's face it, eventually the inevitable Frozen: The Animated Series...
Well I can understand that. That’s a great way to entice people to get Disney+, by drawing them in with something familiar.

zeebre12

Nov 4, 2016
How will Disney differentiate what goes on the linear channels and Disney+? Would this show and other announced shows not be suited to the linear channels also?

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
I'm not surprised that people are reacting the way they are. After all, they don't really look all that much like Chip 'n' Dale. Still we'll see what the actual show is like, then we'll know what's going on.

Also, people are willing to try new things, but that doesn't mean they're stupid. I mean, if this ends up being a parody of Chip 'n' Dale (if not among other things), or something like that, then there will be a problem...

Reactions: I.R. Shokew

zeebre12

Nov 4, 2016
Will these Disney+ original series eventually broadcast on their linear channels as well or will they be exclusive to Disney+?

dothesmartthing

Muttley! Do something!
Feb 11, 2009
Indiana
dothesmartthing.wixsite.com
I just read from an article saying the new Chip 'n Dale series is going to be a "non-verbal, classic style comedy." That actually reminded me of the silent era shorts Charlie Chaplin starred in. So I'm assuming there won't be anyone voicing Chip and Dale whatsoever?

Reactions: Fone Bone

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
I just read from an article saying the new Chip 'n Dale series is going to be a "non-verbal, classic style comedy." That actually reminded me of the silent era shorts Charlie Chaplin starred in. So I'm assuming there won't be anyone voicing Chip and Dale whatsoever?
French voice-actors are perfectly capable of making random squeaky squirrel noises.

Reactions: dothesmartthing