Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

harry580

now this is a rumor but might be false and I being a broken record but look like scrat tails is coming to Disney plus and giving the information of this article I believed, the shorts are completed and ready to release

Reactions: Moe

SweetShop209

This article mentions what's coming in June. It mentions Muppet Babies season 3 on June 4, Puppy Dog Pals season 4 on June 11, and Dino Ranch season 1 on June 18. I would assume these are half seasons given how they're not finished airing new episodes yet.

TsWade2

View halloo, peoples! Remember I announced that Disney+ cut Madam Mim's line from The Sword In the Stone? It's the one she says, "Sounds like someone's sick. How lovely! I hope it's serious. Something dreadful!" They must to cut it due of the pandemic. Well, I have good news. It's now uncut. They brought back that line. HOORAY!

harry580

with disney plus making a deal with sony to put spiderman and family sony movies on it (at least in the us), I like to see disney made a deal with Warner Bros to put the 1983's twice upon a Time on it since that film is produced by George Lucas and his film studio: lucasfilm which disney owns lucasfilm, I mean if Warner Bros made a deal with tubi to put hanna barbera shows on it why not did the same thing with disney plus for twice upon a time

Last edited:

Moe

with disney plus making a deal with sony to put spiderman and family sony movies on it (at least in the us), I like to see disney made a deal with Warner Bros to put the 1983's twice upon a Time on it since that film is produced by George Lucas and his film studio: lucasfilm which disney owns lucasfilm, I mean if Warner Bros made a deal with tubi to put hanna barbera shows on it why not did the same thing with disney plus for twice upon a time
Twice Upon a Time is owned by WB and it could goes to almost any streaming service if they are interested to license.

Disney+ never licensed to run the contents that are owned by WB so it is unlikely unless they change the strategy to cover on WB films, however they have few acquired programming and eventually, Sony movies.

harry580

Twice Upon a Time is owned by WB and it could goes to almost any streaming service if they are interested to license.
oh, well not only that but Ladd also own the film but Ladd ran out of business in 2007 so Warner Bros now own this film, I thought lucasfilm own this film with Warner Bros handling distribution

Moe

oh, well not only that but Ladd also own the film but Ladd ran out of business in 2007 so Warner Bros now own this film, I thought lucasfilm own this film with Warner Bros handling distribution
Just like Indiana Jones 1-4 that made by Lucasfilm but Paramount own 1-4 with no plan to transfer to Disney.

I noticed that Twice Upon a Time never released on streaming service, even not Netflix and I consider this movie as obscure, but you can get DVD from Warner Archive.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member

Watched it quite a bit through Charter On Demand prior to the 4th, but yeah did my first S2 view Friday evening and Saturday morning:-D.

Plus besides doing so with choice titles, I often keep suggesting that binging various favorites is a good way to encourage the networks/studios to take animation seriously as a product.

I'll be doing my first full binge (S1 and 2 later this morning).

Why can’t molly mcgee and hamster & Gretel skip Disney channel and be a Disney Plus Exclusive? If infinity train can skip CN and become a hbo max exclusive so can molly mcgee they said they want to focus on streaming but they refuse to add new episodes next day on DisneyPlus.

Last edited:

Moe

Why can’t molly mcgee and hamster & Gretel skip Disney channel and be a Disney Plus Exclusive? If infinity train can skip CN and become a hbo max exclusive so can molly mcgee they said they want to focus on streaming but they refuse to add new episodes next day on DisneyPlus.
It has with contract between producer and Disney executives.

Corwin Haught

Disney Channel's agreements with cable carriers demand some sort of new programming, and Hamster and Gretel apparently fit the bill. The major broadcasters haven't given up on US linear cable quiet yet; even after Infinity Train left CN, new episodes of other shows continue to be made for that network. Note that much of CN's upcoming slate of new shows will be HBO Max simulcasts, so the particulars of Disney's carriage contracts, none of which are public, may well be the deciding factor.

• Informative
Reactions: Moe

harry580

I wonder disney can launch a iptv service to complete with viacomcbs with paramount plus and Pluto tv and universal with peacock and xumo (if the formerly gets reformed to be a paramount plus, HBO Max and Disney Plus competitor while the latter gets reformed to be Pluto tv competitor)

Moe

I wonder disney can launch a iptv service to complete with viacomcbs with paramount plus and Pluto tv and universal with peacock and xumo (if the formerly gets reformed to be a paramount plus, HBO Max and Disney Plus competitor while the latter gets reformed to be Pluto tv competitor)
I don't know.

If IPTV isn't part of Disney's plan so I doubt that would happen.

Not all companies are doing same as other companies did. *shrugs*

but I think that DisneyLife carried three Disney channels - it was before replaced with Disney+ in UK.

harry580

but I think that DisneyLife carried three Disney channels - it was before replaced with Disney+ in UK.
I would be surprised if disney revived disneylife for the iptv service if they plan one or maybe reuse fox atomic name for the iptv service but drop the fox part

Moe

I would be surprised if disney revived disneylife for the iptv service if they plan one or maybe reuse fox atomic name for the iptv service but drop the fox part
If happened, it would be free with ads like Pluto, otherwise not many people want to pay it if they don't have DVR. It isn't just Disney that they carry - it could include ABC, Freeform, legacy Fox channels and Hulu originals.

There is reason about Disney Channel isn't free on cable and satellite because it cost much money to use their infrastructure to carry a channel, also fees that associated with FCC and municipals, otherwise it will be free with ads if carried via IPTV alone.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts