Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

Light Lucario

Staff member
Even though everyone says Season 2 is bad.
I prefer season two over season one to be honest. I thought that most of the redesigns were better, the writing was better, Homecoming was a real stand out episode and despite the rushed finale, it was pretty satisfying from what I remember. Even if more people do say that season two is bad, that doesn't make it true or a more valid opinion on the series. Besides that, plenty of people could still watch the series for the first time here and still enjoy season two.

Frontier

Staff member
I prefer season two over season one to be honest. I thought that most of the redesigns were better, the writing was better, Homecoming was a real stand out episode and despite the rushed finale, it was pretty satisfying from what I remember. Even if more people do say that season two is bad, that doesn't make it true or a more valid opinion on the series. Besides that, plenty of people could still watch the series for the first time here and still enjoy season two.
Yeah, even if the some of the redesigns were a stark change from season 1, the animation was much better by comparison.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Didn't see a talkback thread for it, but I watched Isle of Dogs last night (which was one of the movies recently added). I was not a fan of the previous Wes Anderson animated film Fantastic Mr. Fox, but IOD was a big improvement. It had a unique plot, its look and animation style was more refined than FMF, and some elements of it are surprisingly timely despite being released a couple years ago. I also loved the setting, a futuristic Japan that was nevertheless old-fashioned, an interesting mix. Its overall presentation gave me something I'd never seen before, which is refreshing in an animated movie. Definitely recommended.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
I am really impressed that The Muppet Show is coming.

I have "friends with connections to those on the inside" that have said that the episodes will be remastered, and entirely/almost entirely uncut. So, there should be no fault with the presentation.

One of the Muppet Babies producers once said that all the Film and TV clips were licensed in perpetuity, with future media in mind. Now that the Muppet Show is happening, hopefully that's next.

Mandouga

My guess is that it's going to go through the process the Henson Company used on Fraggle Rock and Emmett Otter, a heavy-duty upscale and cleanup.

I hope not. The last thing The Muppet Show needs is to have that horrible faux-film look just to make it "timeless". It's "timeless" just the way it is.

Anyway, I have to say it: as much as The Muppet Show is a great addition, this service still has stuff that's missing...

19MagiswordLane

Anime Superhero's Crooner of Carnage, babe!

Frontier

Staff member
Disney + has pulled “Dumbo,” “Peter Pan,” “The Aristocats” and “Swiss Family Robinson” from its profiles for children under 7.

I guess they don't want kids exposed to politcally incorrect material :sweat:.

the greenman

Right, Louis Prima was a Louisana singer back in that era. Even though he didn't exactly sound "Caucasian". Anyone knowledgeable about the demographics of that state knows they're very intermixed in behavior and attitude down there.

Also Studios loved using older singers for animation. Much like Scatman Crothers of Hong Kong Phooey fame.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts