Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
I hope I wasn’t annoying people when I was hoping House of Mouse be added on Disney+. But, if I am, I apologize. I’m trying to control my obsession the best I can.
I'm honestly surprised House of Mouse isn't on there yet. It seems like a no-brainer.

I haven't seen very much of the series either, so it would be nice to play catch up.

TsWade2

I'm honestly surprised House of Mouse isn't on there yet. It seems like a no-brainer.

I haven't seen very much of the series either, so it would be nice to play catch up.
When it comes to Disney+, I hope you like it. If you don't, that's fine.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
They should not be putting censored versions on Disney+. It's a premium subscription service. Just make an option for censored versions or something.
Has there been anything reported censored since Splash? The X-Men films haven't been and I know I've see some gruesome NatGeo stuff, if that counts. Avatar has an edited option.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Has there been anything reported censored since Splash? The X-Men films haven't been and I know I've see some gruesome NatGeo stuff, if that counts. Avatar has an edited option.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I don't know about since Splash, but here's a website that's tracking the edits and changes:

Dr.Pepper

I don't know about since Splash, but here's a website that's tracking the edits and changes:

It should be noted that many of those changes weren’t made for Disney +. Many older cartoons have been edited for ages. The LILO & Stitch scene where a dryer was changed to a box was a change for Europe.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I think Disney+ is first and foremost a Dutch streaming service. The Dutch team decides what content is on the service and the American team makes some changes for the USA. Animesuperhero member Lkoui has notices a pattern between when something airs in the Netherlands and when it gets added on Disney+.

What about Inside Out? Do they show hockey scenes in that movie or soccer?

Mandouga

I sincerely doubt that. If anything, it's an international streaming service; something that may have taken a little too far (namely, almost if not everything they have being the international versions).

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
It should be noted that many of those changes weren’t made for Disney +. Many older cartoons have been edited for ages. The LILO & Stitch scene where a dryer was changed to a box was a change for Europe.

Yes some are existing edits, but the website makes note of that, but they are still edits nonetheless.

There's no excuse for that dryer edit in Lilo & Stitch.

Pooky

Staff member

Man, I really hate that the censored version of Clock Cleaners has become standard. It's one thing to censor works based on what's actually in them, it's quite another to censor it based on a patently ridiculous and clearly unresearched claim that a Hays Code-era film used harsh profanity.

Francisque

I think Disney+ is first and foremost a Dutch streaming service. The Dutch team decides what content is on the service and the American team makes some changes for the USA. Animesuperhero member Lkoui has notices a pattern between when something airs in the Netherlands and when it gets added on Disney+.

What about Inside Out? Do they show hockey scenes in that movie or soccer?
Probably in origin in Europe, when Netherlands was the first country in Europe to have Disney+, but now, even if things are still EU-synchronised often, each team has their say

Moreover, probably UK and France have more influence than the Netherlands Disney+-wise

It's true though that the technical seat is pfob still in the Netherlands, for financial reasons very likely

EDIT: yes, for instance now mails are sent from the UK (London) instead of the Netherlands

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
In Portugal they do have that option:

Also they put the Brazilian cover of Home Alone 2, when the service isn't even available there until November:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts