Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

Dudley

Staff member
I disagree. I do NOT want Disney+ to start offering content that you have to pay extra for even after subscribing.

Well at least their film release won’t be delayed anymore. Regularly after like nine months, the film will be available to stream at no extra charge.
Granted, since Disney has more control over the release window, they could change the game. But we’ll have to wait and see.
Truth be told be told, I too have no intention to pay $30 either, and I’m willing to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
There's no chance in hell I'm paying $30 to watch a live-action Mulan on a service I already paid for. Especially when I can watch the superior animated version for free, and this will be on Disney+ in a matter of months anyway at no extra charge. I'm not going to pay $30 to watch it now especially when I don't have like a luxurious home theater either. Not happening.

Last edited:

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I noticed "X-Men" (2000) was on Disney Plus. Disney is finally starting to dip into their FOX acquisitions, aren't they?

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Ice Age: Collision Course (the worst Ice Age movie IMO) has been on the streamer for a while now.

I think all the Ice Age movies are on there. But that's "Blue Sky", the Fox animation studio.

I'm talking the live action Fox properties....

Light Lucario

Staff member
That is correct. However, both films cost nowhere near as much as Mulan or other Disney tentpole films.

Article points out that all it’ll take for the film to be considered profitable is if around 10%-15% of Disney subscribers pay that $30.

I honestly think they can pull it off, and if they can, it’ll be a massive shift in the industry and it’ll be hard to go back to normal.

I could easily see 10%-15% of Disney+ subscribes to pay that price. It's hard to say whether or not it will be a huge hit, but I could see people being interested in paying that much to see something new. Despite how much people generally don't care for the live action Disney remakes, they are still profitable, so there is an audience for these kind of movies. Plus, Mulan being set to release just before theaters closed probably makes more people curious about it, especially if they were going to see it back in March. Thirty dollars is a lot for one person, but it's a pretty good deal if you want to watch it with family/friends.

Admittedly, I think it will be hard for the industry to go back to normal for a number of reasons even if Mulan isn't a hit on Disney+, but I suspect that they'll use this format to release at least some of their upcoming Pixar movies likes Soul. They'll probably want to be careful about releasing their live action movies, mainly because it's hard to say when it will be safe to film anything new at this rate.

Dudley

Staff member
I think all the Ice Age movies are on there. But that's "Blue Sky", the Fox animation studio.

I'm talking the live action Fox properties....

No, only Ice Age: Collision Course. The original Ice Age was up there for a while.
As of right now X-Men, Days of Futures Past, and Apocalypse is up there, alongside Fant4stic. The first FF movie with Jessica Alba will be up next month.

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
No, only Ice Age: Collision Course. The original Ice Age was up there for a while.
As of right now X-Men, Days of Futures Past, and Apocalypse is up there, alongside Fant4stic. The first FF movie with Jessica Alba will be up next month.

Okay, yes. I have a memory of my kids watching the original Ice Age on Disney Plus around a month or so ago.

And yes, "Collision Course" is the worst of them. They kept pumping them out for too long and finally released a stinker.

Dudley

Staff member
I wouldn’t be surprised if they made just one more to give the franchise a conclusion, like where Diego, Manny, and Sid meet the baby as an adult.

It is Blue Sky’s most successful franchise, after all.
Still, I look forward to whatever Blue Sky will make under Disney.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I wouldn’t be surprised if they made just one more to give the franchise a conclusion, like where Diego, Manny, and Sid meet the baby as an adult.

It is Blue Sky’s most successful franchise, after all.
Still, I look forward to whatever Blue Sky will make under Disney.

Will they even continue making movies?

Dudley

Staff member
Will they even continue making movies?

The fact that several months ago they changed up the managerial staff means they’re making an effort to still be in business, despite only one film being in production: Nimona, which comes out in 2022.
Though it looks bleak, Blue Sky will probably announce more films closer to Nimona’s release date, kind of like what WDAS and Pixar does.
Or they’re waiting to see how Nimona performs to see if the studio will continue to stay in business, which would suck for the nation’s only feature animation studio on the east coast.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The fact that several months ago they changed up the managerial staff means they’re making an effort to still be in business, despite only one film being in production: Nimona, which comes out in 2022.
Though it looks bleak, Blue Sky will probably announce more films closer to Nimona’s release date, kind of like what WDAS and Pixar does.
Or they’re waiting to see how Nimona performs to see if the studio will continue to stay in business, which would suck for the nation’s only feature animation studio on the east coast.
I have a feeling that Nimona will probably be relegated to Disney+, given the constant release date changes and we've only heard little about the project aside from the rescheduling dates.

Zorak Masaki

Does Disney own the rights to the Direct-to-video Marvel animated movies? I was watching Hulk Vs on Tubi, but I wonder if films like that will ever show up on D+.

Dr.Pepper

This just popped into my head, but I wonder if a Modern Family will ever come to Disney +. It was made by Fox so Disney fully owns it.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts