Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
Looks like House of Mouse and Lloyd in Space are coming to Disney+
I've known about that for 7 months, yet they still don't have a date. I'm hoping that they will put them up sometime before the end of next summer.

TsWade2

Looks like House of Mouse and Lloyd in Space are coming to Disney+
Wait a minute! I already seen this seven months ago and they didn’t set the date. The last time I ask Disneyplus, they said there are no plans to put House of Mouse on the streaming service at this time. Or maybe it’s a different opinion. So I don’t fall for it. Good try, though.

kanc

Not sure if this was posted, Disney's Doug is now available on Disney+

Asa

I'm hoping season 31 of Simpsons will arrive on Disney+ soon. It just finished airing it's season finale almost 2 months ago.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Oh, oops, sorry I didn't notice it was there since launch, thanks
The Nick series is on Hulu and the Disney series is on Plus. It feels weird that there isn't some more natural way to go from one series to the next but them's the breaks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SpaceCowboy

The Nick series is on Hulu and the Disney series is on Plus. It feels weird that there isn't some more natural way to go from one series to the next but them's the breaks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Is the presence of the Nick version on Hulu under license from Viacom or does Disney also control the streaming rights to that as well? I ask because Disney bought up the original production studio and owns the character.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Is the presence of the Nick version on Hulu under license from Viacom or does Disney also control the streaming rights to that as well? I ask because Disney bought up the original production studio and owns the character.
It's there because of Viacom's deal with Hulu. Viacom owns that series,(that how they still air reruns ) while everything else Doug is owned by Disney.

Reactions: Moe

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
All of Nickelodeon's Doug is on a YouTube channel called Kids TV English. (owned by the Belgian company Studio 100 Media)

Viacom doesn't own Doug internationally.

SpongeBobFan2004

All of Nickelodeon's Doug is on a YouTube channel called Kids TV English. (owned by the Belgian company Studio 100 Media)

Viacom doesn't own Doug internationally.

But actually Studio 100 licensed Classic Doug (not Brand! Spanking! New! Doug/Disney’s Doug) to European territories. This dates way back to EM.TV holding the rights to Classic Doug on behalf of MTV NETWORKS International since the European Nick channels can’t air it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
But actually Studio 100 licensed Classic Doug (not Brand Spanking New Doug/Disney’s Doug) to European territories. This dates way back to EM.TV holding the rights to Classic Doug on behalf of MTV NETWORKS International since the European Nick channels can’t air it.....

And here it aired on TVI when SIC had Nick's shows.

SpongeBobFan2004

Well actually there was no evidence if the Dutch dub of the show carried over Aruba and the Antilles*
(*Later dissoluted)

But then Classic Doug was sold to over 800 territories in Europe thanks to EM.TV. And actually the EM.TV version of the show had all title screens localized for specific regions.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Well actually there was no evidence if the Dutch dub of the show carried over Aruba and the Antilles*
(*Later dissoluted)

The Dutch Nickelodeon aired all old NickToons besides Doug, because Viacom doesn't own Doug internationally.

Doug did air on Dutch state television, I assume also in Aruba and the Dutch Antilles.

Moleoman

But then Classic Doug was sold to over 800 territories in Europe thanks to EM.TV. And actually the EM.TV version of the show had all title screens localized for specific regions.

I think you didn't clearly get it. EM.TV owns the show only in German-speaking territories. In fact, neither EM.TV nor Beta Film/Taurus Film/Kirch Group were involved with production of the show. Actually, most of EMEA licensed the show from Ellipseanime (now part of Mediatoon): Doug

SpongeBobFan2004

I think you didn't clearly get it. EM.TV owns the show only in German-speaking territories. In fact, neither EM.TV nor Beta Film/Taurus Film/Kirch Group were involved with production of the show. Actually, most of EMEA licensed the show from Ellipseanime (now part of Mediatoon): Doug

So ELLIPSANIME (now owned by Dragaud/MediaToon) licensed the show from MTV NETWORKS International for distribution in the EMEA region. While EM.TV* used to own the show in Germany, German-Speaking Switzerland, German-Speaking Austria and German-Speaking Luxembourg. ELLIPSANIME handled distribution and licensing for the rest of EMEA when there were no Nick channels available at that time.
(*EM.TV was bought out by STUDIO 100 in 2008 so the German rights are currently with STUDIO 100 Deutschland)

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts