Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
The Italian (& Swiss Italian), German (& Austrian, Swiss German), British (& Irish), Spanish Disney+ have launched.
The French will launch on the 7th april, as already reported

Some pics from the Italian service for you.

View attachment 281471
View attachment 281472
View attachment 281473
View attachment 281474
View attachment 281475
View attachment 281476
View attachment 281477

Curiosities:

- The service launched in UK, Germany, Italy, Spain more or less at the same time, around 2:00 CET (especially the apps), although prior to that, the service was available to many, including me, in the browser version, as the Dutch version, where many language tracks were already available
- Lizzie McGuire, strangely enough is only available as subtitled in many languages, only available with American Spanish audio in addition to English
- SImpsons in the Italian version is up to the 30th season
- Some classic shows, sadly are lacking: especially Goof Troops.. also, I wanted to watch again So Weird
- Some recent movies will be made available in April, especially Lion King (2019)
- Much content (@Red Arrow :D, @RandomMe) is already available in Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and even FInnish (although most live action is subtitled) and of course Frenc, gearing up for the Portuguese and Nordic launches soon. Nothing in Russian, some in Polish

If you want to know more details, please don't hesitate to ask :)
Is The Simpsons cropped, or is it in the original aspect ratio?

jasonnguyen2606

Just in case, the Simpsons is rated 6+ in U.K.
9551e8e34758543715bf760a497930f5.jpg

Also miraculous is now available to stream in U.K. as well as any other European countries.
39ccef946160f1e4d223c0c68b385d59.plist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jasonnguyen2606

It isn’t a Disney original, but it has aired on Disney Channel in several countries. It even has been airing in the US since April 2019.

The Walt Disney Company France has sign the agreement with Method animation and ZagToon to distributed the show internationally. Mainly through Disney Channel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TargetmasterJoe

Dudley

Staff member

Francisque

6+ is the Dutch rating for The Simpsons. Maybe all ratings on Disney+ UK are Dutch?
Maybe, since the service launched there first in Europe

But probably now they're just being used as "basic European ratings", simple to be understood by pretty much anyone

Also: Smart Guy has been removed already from the European service, for some strange reasons..

GrantM

^ "I've masturbated eight billion times and I have no plans to stop masturbating in the future."

I'm just happy Disney left the series (Stark Raving Dad omission noted though) intact. I get it's not a family friendly fit for Disney but even they have to know how big the series is

Oh I checked the episode The Haw-Hawed Couple where Martin Prince uses a word used to describe a bundle of sticks. It was left intact.........Disney Plus has balls!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts