Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
So I’m watching Gargoyles and I noticed at the end of the episodes it says “Distributed by Buena Vista International”.
And I remember the controversy of Grunkle Stan (Gravity Falls) having the emblem on his fez removed, which is seen on non-US versions.
This means that Disney+ must be using the international copies of their content for Disney+, or at least for a large chunk of their content.
And if that’s the case, the chances of us getting WITCH with it’s original opening has increased tremendously!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Gravity Falls censorship issue is not new. It was like that since it was first there.

Dudley

Staff member
I’m saying it was controversial back when viewers noticed when it appeared on Disney+. I do remember seeing this video saying that certain countries air the edited fez. Said vid came out months before Disney+ was available.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but I'm betting on March 24th for the release date of W.I.T.C.H.

Why’s that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Why’s that?
That's when Disney+ launches in France, and France asks American platforms and channels to have enough French / European content, which is why Disney Channel France is still airing W.I.T.C.H three times a night.

Moe

That's when Disney+ launches in France, and France asks American platforms and channels to have enough French / European content, which is why Disney Channel France is still airing W.I.T.C.H three times a night.

I'm definitely sure that 101 Dalmatians: The Series and Street will be added to Disney+ at same time when they launch in some Europe countries.

Francisque

BTW Disney+ launches in Italy and he biggest Western European countries on the 24th of March.

And Disney Italy has confirmed us today by Facebook stories that classic shows will be there, and they'll try to be in line with the US when it comes to premieres.

Apparently no Simpson though :(

I'll be subscribed from day 1 :D

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
BTW Disney+ launches in Italy and he biggest Western European countries on the 24th of March.

And Disney Italy has confirmed us today by Facebook stories that classic shows will be there, and they'll try to be in line with the US when it comes to premieres.

Apparently no Simpson though :(

I'll be subscribed from day 1 :D
The UK won't have The Simpsons too. Maybe Europe won't have it on Disney+.
The Simpsons is available on Disney+ in the Netherlands.

slai

Reporter
Reporter
I'm curious (for those that have Disney+ that is). Is that one episode of Rescue Rangers still edited to totally remove a deaf and mute mouse that looks like one of the Marx brothers (I think Harpo?)? That edit makes the whole episode unwatchable and confusing.

Also, is the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids TV series on Disney+?

Last edited:

Jonathan Teka

I'm curious (for those that have Disney+ that is). Is that one episode of Rescue Rangers still edited to totally remove a deaf and mute mouse that looks like one of the Marx brothers (I think Harpo?)? That edit makes the whole episode unwatchable and confusing.

Also, is the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids TV series on Disney+?
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show isn't on Disney+.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I wonder if a Frozen TV cartoon could work on Disney+.

Zorak Masaki

Oh, I hope they keep it free. Actually, I hope this doesnt go through since it's the only way to watch G1 My Little Pony (no other streaming site has it), and I cant see Disney keeping the Hasbro shows on it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts