Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
To me, It would make more sense to have everything on Hulu and not have a Disney Plus just because it would be cleaner than having two non sports streaming services. Have family stuff on Hulu called Disney Plus and non family called Hulu Originals or FX on Hulu for the FX made stuff. This is just an idea or whatever.
It's not going to solve anything. Disney+ is (potentially) the best thing Disney could possibly have. The problem is all of the omissions (i.e., things that still haven't been added yet)...

As for Hamilton, this is actually news to me (Hamilton having swearing and stuff, I mean). If it's as foul mouthed as some people say it is, then maybe (just maybe), it should go to Hulu after all. On the other hand, someone pointed out that because it's history, and could seen as "educational", that was likely why Disney+ added it in the first place. On the other other hand, I do agree that this could be seen as a technicality, and that it could lead to this service adding other things based on other technicalities*. In any case, I will say that I'm not a fan myself...

*It's like when ABC Family started adding movies and TV shows that aren't really family friendly, but were added because they technically fit what the network is supposed to be about.

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
May 13, 2003
I've been catching up on the Disneynature movies lately. They're really high class productions and I kinda regret not seeing them in theaters. My favorite so far have been Bears, Monkeys, and Born in China, with an honorable mention to African Cats, mainly for Samuel L. Jackson's narration. I watched the latest, Elephants, last night and outside of a few moments of interest, it didn't really grab me as much. I think part of it is how slow the creatures move. It's just hard to keep as interested, despite the cinematography being beautiful as usual.

One gripe though, and this has been going on since Disney+ debuted: The dreaded loading pinwheel. Disney+, more than any other streaming service I subscribe to, is notoriously bad at keeping a strong signal, so Elephants was interrupted, probably, ten times by the action freezing, pinwheeling, and then rewinding ten seconds to try again. Or just kicking me back to the main menu entirely with an error message and making me resume. This makes watching movies on Disney+ a painful experience, and I really hope this is fixed at some point.

Last edited:

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
Speculation elsewhere says that DOFP is rated PG-13, and Splash being initially rated PG (the PG-13 designation wouldn't enter in to service until several months after the film's release) is a valid excuse.
Not sure I buy that. Especially, since they kept DOFP's F-bomb in place. Soooo...

Though, yes it is just that; an excuse.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

TsWade2

Apr 5, 2015
I was so upset that I may not able to see Hamilton at the Pantages Theatre, thanks to that dang gum virus, but I’m glad that I watch it on DisneyPlus. It was awesome! My favorite song is The Schuyler Sisters. They remind of the adorable but ditsy triplets from Beauty and the Beast. My favorite line when the guy is says, ”I’m a general! Whee!” LOL! I hope Disney filmed some of their broadway shows like they did for Newsies. In fact, rumor has it, that Disney just filmed the broadway version of Aladdin at the West End.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Fone Bone

Hindsight 2020!
I was so upset that I may not able to see Hamilton at the Pantages Theatre, thanks to that dang gum virus, but I’m glad that I watch it on DisneyPlus. It was awesome! My favorite song is The Schuyler Sisters. They remind of the adorable but ditsy triplets from Beauty and the Beast. My favorite line when the guy is says, ”I’m a general! Whee!” LOL! I hope Disney filmed some of their broadway shows like they did for Newsies. In fact, rumor has it, that Disney just filmed the broadway version of Aladdin at the West End.
Glad to see someone else talking up Hamilton. I made a talkback for it in The Entertainment Board. It was amazing.

SpaceCowboy

Mar 2, 2002
USA
Visit site
Speculation elsewhere says that DOFP is rated PG-13, and Splash being initially rated PG (the PG-13 designation wouldn't enter in to service until several months after the film's release) is a valid excuse.
Splash is still rated PG, according to filmratings.com (run by the MPA). Kind of strange how Disney didn't re-submit it for PG-13 in re-release.

Last edited:

Zorak Masaki

May 6, 2002
Visit site
Many of the older shows and movies (mostly 60s-70s fare) are being branded with the "may contain outdated cultural depictions" disclaimer, even ones where it wouldnt be an issue (this includes the nature feature A Tale of Two Critters which features no humans whatsoever).

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Both "Le Corn Maze Of Doom" and "Too Cute To Spook" are tied with 1 vote each. I'll be tiebreaker. I pick "Too Cute To Spook" to move on. The next matchup is between the Elena Of Avalor episode "The Return Of El Capitan" and the Vampirina episode "Dia De Los Muertos".

Watch Herman The Mice On The Go!
I think twitter social media posts seems to be more advantages... I have a bad feeling, that some or few twitter posts can be containing bully message of racists, I don't know maybe it's best for me to leave twitter, it's just not worth it if people express opinions, or someone maybe politics...
Today's Ollie's Pack episode: second half episode beginning has two sick friends but not the main plot
Remember when Ben Bates criticized the animation of the recent Marvel cartoons when he talked about his Captain Marvel cartoon that wasn't picked up? Well, here's a drawing he did of Hawkeye.