Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Bigawesome2000

The master of cartoons (maybe)
Jun 13, 2019
The middle of nowhere

Disney+ has picked up the new show Turner & Hooch, based off the 1989 movie. Josh Peck will star in the main role.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
They really are scrapping the bottom of the barrel. I wonder if they'd dare have the pilot for the original series with Tom Wilson. Btw, it's on YouTube, just in really bad condition.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I was trying to think of the most random property they could reboot and just remembered being into this when I was a little, little one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bigawesome2000

The master of cartoons (maybe)
Jun 13, 2019
The middle of nowhere

Disney+ has picked up a sequel series based off of The Mighty Ducks movies. Emilio Estevez will reprise his role as Coach Gordon Bombay. The series has been picked up for 10 episodes.

F150Dog

Nov 4, 2018
USA
There is great news - all of Randy Cunningham 9th Grade Ninja's first season episodes are back!!!

but Disney need to notify us if they are going to remove for any reason, so their removal seems like technical issue or Disney doesn't satisfy the quality standard so have to re-encode most or entire of series to make looks good to Disney.

Reactions: slai and Frontier
Oct 12, 2017
There is great news - all of Randy Cunningham 9th Grade Ninja's first season episodes are back!!!

but Disney need to notify us if they are going to remove for any reason, so their removal seems like technical issue or Disney doesn't satisfy the quality standard so have to re-encode most or entire of series to make looks good to Disney.
The Simpsons will likely be next this spring with fixed aspect ratio and restored visual gags.

F150Dog

Nov 4, 2018
USA
The Simpsons will likely be next this spring with fixed aspect ratio and restored visual gags.
Definitely, I bet Disney is going to remove all of episodes from first season to half of twenty season and see as technical issue so they have to re-encode, but I hope so... My hope is duplicate episode in original aspect ratio.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
So I’m watching Gargoyles and I noticed at the end of the episodes it says “Distributed by Buena Vista International”.
And I remember the controversy of Grunkle Stan (Gravity Falls) having the emblem on his fez removed, which is seen on non-US versions.
This means that Disney+ must be using the international copies of their content for Disney+, or at least for a large chunk of their content.
And if that’s the case, the chances of us getting WITCH with it’s original opening has increased tremendously!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York
So I’m watching Gargoyles and I noticed at the end of the episodes it says “Distributed by Buena Vista International”.
And I remember the controversy of Grunkle Stan (Gravity Falls) having the emblem on his fez removed, which is seen on non-US versions.
This means that Disney+ must be using the international copies of their content for Disney+, or at least for a large chunk of their content.
And if that’s the case, the chances of us getting WITCH with it’s original opening has increased tremendously!

Yep, they're doing it with Recess too. The sister episodes in the American and International versions differ, and the end credits in the international version credits the overseas animators. The American version of the end credits never credited them.

Reactions: Red Arrow

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Yep, they're doing it with Recess too. The sister episodes in the American and International versions differ, and the end credits in the international version credits the overseas animators. The American version of the end credits never credited them.
Oh wow that’s neat.
I notice while watching Gummy Bears, the animators at the Australian studio get on-screen credits, but not the ones at the Japanese studios (TMS, WDA Japan).
Don’t know what’s that about.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Birthday to the great Akira Toriyama!
Today, variety in my country's Cartoon Network's schedule has died.
I'm Planning to make a New Qubo schedule With Several New and Returning Shows (With one of them being Jacob Two-Two), No Paid Programming and the Return of the 4 hour Marathons.
Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated and the 7th Year Anniversary of its series finale. It ended up becoming my favorite adaptation of the Scooby-Doo Franchise and found out about Lewis Black by name (I had heard his voice in some earlier shows).
Happy birthday to Akira Toriyama. My moniker here should make it clear that I am a fan of the DB Franchise.