Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

dragoonanime

Disney+ is reportedly getting a Star Wars Rebels sequel and Hulu is getting a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
On the Home Alone thing, I find it interesting they just featured that on "the movies that made us" Netflix series.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
I watched both the original movie and the Netflix episode Christmas week. Both Home Alone and The Sandlot were being developed for new Disney+ projects as well. Hopefully they won't wait until those are made before they add these movies back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

the greenman

I watched both the original movie and the Netflix episode Christmas week. Both Home Alone and The Sandlot were being developed for new Disney+ projects as well. Hopefully they won't wait until those are made before they add these movies back.

Thats the female version, right?

jasonnguyen2606

I wonder why Disney+ removed Mickey, Donald, and Goofy the three musketeers in the first place when they were not mentioned in any article website?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mandouga

People talk about The Simpsons and whether or not it should be on Disney+. I'm not a fan of the idea myself, but I will say that it's "family-friendly"...except when it's not. That's just the kind of show it is; always has been.

the greenman

Question for you guys who has had the service since day 1. Was Disney's Zorro series ever on there? I don't see it. The Sign of Zorro film is there, but not the rest of the series. I wonder if someone else has exclusive rights.

Moe

Question for you guys who has had the service since day 1. Was Disney's Zorro series ever on there? I don't see it. The Sign of Zorro film is there, but not the rest of the series. I wonder if someone else has exclusive rights.

I don't see Zorro series when I used Disney on launch day.

Corwin Haught

People have to understand that NBCUniversal maintains an equity stake in Hulu for the time being, so any removal of content from there isn't likely until Disney buys them out.

Moe

I wonder why Disney+ removed Mickey, Donald, and Goofy the three musketeers in the first place when they were not mentioned in any article website?

I checked and it isn't removed from Disney+.
Capturea.PNG

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
They just put it back on within this last week.

The series was never on, while the movie always was. The only series I remember being in from that era were Mickey Mouse Club and Spin and Marty. Zorro was the one I first checked for since it was the one I was familiar with.

Last edited:

jasonnguyen2606

View attachment 280493

That’s weird, they removed it like a few weeks ago and now they put them back?

60dc61c862203a115b29f0c314efa8de.png

I’m really confused about the video quality of the download content one. Standard is 360/480p, medium is 720p, and high is 1080p, right?

Moe

That’s weird, they removed it like a few weeks ago and now they put them back?

60dc61c862203a115b29f0c314efa8de.png

I’m really confused about the video quality of the download content one. Standard is 360/480p, medium is 720p, and high is 1080p, right?

You seems right on this.

Standard = probably DVD quality 480p
Medium - 720p
High - 1080p

There aren't much difference between SD and HD for phone and tablet but 720p help to make picture crisper, that all.

jasonnguyen2606

You seems right on this.

Medium - 720p
High - 1080p

There aren't much difference between SD and HD for phone and tablet but 720p help to make picture crisper, that all.

I guess high quality (1080p) content download might be slower because they have the largest filesize (4-8/12gb), while standard have the smallest filesize (50mb-1gb), I think medium carry standard filesize (2-3gb)

Ha! They likely killed off physical DVD disc because of this.

Moe

I guess high quality (1080p) content download might be slower because they have the largest filesize (4-8/12gb), while standard have the smallest filesize (50mb-1gb), I think medium carry standard filesize (2-3gb)

Ha! They likely killed off physical DVD disc because of this.

1080p movies usually up to 8 GB, depending on length of movie so 2 hours movie is around 5 GB.

Dudley

Staff member
Apparently some of the stuff taken off of Disney+ was due to a contract deals with FuboTV among others.
I can understand why Disney allows these deals in place, with so much content, people might not notice if one or two movies are gone. Additionally, both Disney and Fox has these deals set up years in advance, many before Disney+ was in development. Lastly, these companies pay Disney and Fox millions for the rights to movies and shows. Disney has to carefully pick and choose what deal is worth buying out of the contract, and what they should keep in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts