Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

May 18, 2017
Ratings
16 1
I hope it has these:
  1. All Disney Television Animation shows (i.e. every one from Disney Afternoon, every one from One Saturday Morning, etc.)
  2. The Golden Girls
  3. Boy Meets World
  4. Smart Guy
  5. Honey, I Shrunk The Kids: The TV Show
  6. All Disney Channel original series
  7. All 120 episodes of The Muppet Show (1976-1981) uncut and remastered, including those from seasons 4 and 5
  8. Muppet Babies (1984)
  9. Little Muppet Monsters
  10. The Jim Henson Hour
  11. Muppets Tonight
  12. All the shows that aired on Vault Disney (i.e. Zorro, The Mickey Mouse Club)
    And much more!
What do you think?

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,739 29
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
^Good list.
Didn’t know Disney owns The Golden Girls.

I’d like all the DTV / Disneytoon movies to be on the platform to, just because a few of them are pretty good, plus I’d love to see Ducktales: Treasure of The Lost Lamp again.. And I’d like all of their animated films that aren’t from WDAS, like The Goofy Movie, Roger Rabbit, James and the Giant Peach, Nightmare Before Christmas, and The Brave Little Toaster.
All their animated shorts would be great.

ALL of their Marvel animated series. Hopefully, Specacular Spider-Man will be included.

All the Fox Kids shows they have the full rights to which should include The Tick, Eek! the Cat, and Peter Pan and the Pirates, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Zazoo U (childhood fav), Life with Louie, Mad Jack the Pirate....and others.

Also, the Jetix cartoons they own the rights to.

The Stitch anime, alongside both Avengers anime series.
Honestly it’ll be fun to see what shows up, since I assume the shows they have distribution rights to should be able to show up on the service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 18, 2017
Ratings
16 1
^Good list.
Didn’t know Disney owns The Golden Girls.

I’d like all the DTV / Disneytoon movies to be on the platform to, just because a few of them are pretty good, plus I’d love to see Ducktales: Treasure of The Lost Lamp again.. And I’d like all of their animated films that aren’t from WDAS, like The Goofy Movie, Roger Rabbit, James and the Giant Peach, Nightmare Before Christmas, and The Brave Little Toaster.
All their animated shorts would be great.

ALL of their Marvel animated series. Hopefully, Specacular Spider-Man will be included.

All the Fox Kids shows they have the full rights to which should include The Tick, Eek! the Cat, and Peter Pan and the Pirates, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Zazoo U (childhood fav), Life with Louie, Mad Jack the Pirate....and others.

Also, the Jetix cartoons they own the rights to.

The Stitch anime, alongside both Avengers anime series.
Honestly it’ll be fun to see what shows up, since I assume the shows they have distribution rights to should be able to show up on the service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I added The Golden Girls because Touchstone and Buena Vista worked on it and Buena Vista is related to Disney.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
Oct 29, 2016
Ratings
1,435 14
New Mexico
Since no service actually has them, I'm hoping for the Disney Afternoon shows, which almost seem like a guarantee.

The old Disney Channel original movies would be great to see too, and when I say "old" I mean real old, like Tim Burton's Hansel and Gretel, or Mr Boogedy the former of which never getting an official Disney release for decades.

It'd also be nice to see if they made a deal with GKids, it'd be great to see some Ghibli there.

Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,743 7
Framingham, MA
I hope it has these:
  1. All Disney Television Animation shows (i.e. every one from Disney Afternoon, every one from One Saturday Morning, etc.)
  2. The Golden Girls
  3. Boy Meets World
  4. Smart Guy
  7. All 120 episodes of The Muppet Show (1976-1981) uncut and remastered, including those from seasons 4 and 5
  8. Muppet Babies (1984)
  10. The Jim Henson Hour
  11. Muppets Tonight
  12. All the shows that aired on Vault Disney (i.e. Zorro, The Mickey Mouse Club)
    And much more!
What do you think?
The Jim Henson Hour would be tough. Half of the stuff on it like The Storyteller and Dog City are owned by other studios. Also pretty sure the Henson Company doesn't want Little Muppet Monsters to see the light of day.

May 18, 2017
Ratings
16 1
The Jim Henson Hour would be tough. Half of the stuff on it like The Storyteller and Dog City are owned by other studios. Also pretty sure the Henson Company doesn't want Little Muppet Monsters to see the light of day.
What do you mean "Little Muppet Monsters" won't see the light of day? It has to!
P.S. Maybe they could edit out the stuff from The Jim Henson Hour Disney doesn't own.

Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,743 7
Framingham, MA
What do you mean "Little Muppet Monsters" won't see the light of day? It has to!
P.S. Maybe they could edit out the stuff from The Jim Henson Hour Disney doesn't own.

The reason it was canceled after three episodes was because the Hensons were embarrassed by it. The animation was so inferior to the puppet stuff that the Hensons didn't want kids to compare them. It probably also made Muppet Babies look bad by comparison too so that was another reason to cancel it. It is the Muppet version of The Star Wars Holiday Special.

And if they took out all of the stuff from The Jim Henson Hour Disney didn't own, it would no longer be an hour. Plus they'd never be able to play the Theme song or have the unedited Henson introductions. Best bet is for Disney to renegotiate their contract with Henson and buy all of the secondary stuff during the next go round. Until then I don't want to see only half of The Jim Henson Hour.

May 18, 2017
Ratings
16 1
The reason it was canceled after three episodes was because the Hensons were embarrassed by it. The animation was so inferior to the puppet stuff that the Hensons didn't want kids to compare them. It probably also made Muppet Babies look bad by comparison too so that was another reason to cancel it. It is the Muppet version of The Star Wars Holiday Special.

And if they took out all of the stuff from The Jim Henson Hour Disney didn't own, it would no longer be an hour. Plus they'd never be able to play the Theme song or have the unedited Henson introductions. Best bet is for Disney to renegotiate their contract with Henson and buy all of the secondary stuff during the next go round. Until then I don't want to see only half of The Jim Henson Hour.
Oh, you're right.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
Ratings
381 10
I hope it has these:
  2. The Golden Girls
  3. Boy Meets World
  4. Smart Guy
  8. Muppet Babies (1984)
  10. The Jim Henson Hour
  11. Muppets Tonight
    And much more!
What do you think?
I hope one of the One Saturday Morning shows that can make it onto Disney+ will be none other than Seasons 5-7 of Doug. Just because the show has a rights issue between Nickelodeon and Disney, doesn't mean all the episodes can't be available for streaming.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017
Ratings
16 1
I hope one of the One Saturday Morning shows that can make it onto Disney+ will be none other than Seasons 5-7 of Doug. Just because the show has a rights issue between Nickelodeon and Disney, doesn't mean all the episodes can be available for streaming.
But this didn't stop them from putting "Doug's Secret Christmas" on Disney Channel on Demand in 2014 and 2015!

Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,586 67 1
Belgium
But this didn't stop them from putting "Doug's Secret Christmas" on Disney Channel on Demand in 2014 and 2015!
I'm pretty sure he meant: Just because the show has a rights issue between Nickelodeon and Disney, doesn't mean all the episodes can't be available for streaming.

As in: they should be available for streaming despite the rights issue.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...
I just had a bizzaro dream that Frank Welker was in my computer lab on campus! o_0
My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!