Disney films without villains?

Zorak Masaki

Does anyone know which disney films dont have villains? IIRC, Cars, the winnie the pooh movies, and the DTV cheapquel tarzan and jane are all villain free, but im sure im missing several others.

Patchwork

There is a spider in your bed!
Both Dumbo and Lady and the Tramp didn't. There were antagonists, but no actual villians.

HG Revolution

Truth (with crazy opinions!)
Lilo and Stitch has some characters who follow the villain archetype (Gantu and Jumba) but they're redeemed at the end.

tb4000

Chick Hicks was the villain in Cars, even though it was only during the last race. And Gantu is still deemed a villain in the animated series.

Mad Mod 49

DTV cheapquel tarzan and jane are all villain free

Two murderous diamond miners were featured, if I recall correctly...

Brother Bear had no villains. It's one of the reasons why I enjoyed the movie.

Yeah, Denhai came close but he was ultimately a mere antagonist and a sympathetic one at that.

And Gantu is still deemed a villain in the animated series.

But he does reform in Leroy and Stitch.

Luna

Daydreamer
Brother Bear had no villains. It's one of the reasons why I enjoyed the movie.
In a way,you could say Kenai's his own worst enemy....That's what I liked about the film....it was an interesting story,with a sweet ending,yet there was no real villain....

Aldrius

Arrogant Instigator
And Gantu is still deemed a villain in the animated series.
But not in the movie. He's just a police officer doing his job.

If anything, Stitch is the villain in Lilo and Stitch. Maybe Jumba too... however both DO find redemption, as someone else said.

Caswin

Chick Hicks was the villain in Cars, even though it was only during the last race. And Gantu is still deemed a villain in the animated series.
Beat me to it, on both counts. Heck, I don't remember Gantu being particularly redeemed by the end of the first movie...

Aldrius

Arrogant Instigator
Why would he need to be redeemed? All he was doing was trying to contain and subseqently re-capture an ILLEGAL genetic experiment. :p

Aldrius

Arrogant Instigator
Well he was kindof careless when it came to kidnapping Lilo... and firing laser beams all over the place... and uh... what was my point again?

Mad Mod 49

Pooh's Heffalump Movie has no villain, either.

Pooh rarely has any villains, the only ones I can remember were from the New Adventures series (my favorite being "Nasty Jack", a horse parody on Jack Nicholson. :p )

Last edited by a moderator:

tb4000

Pooh rarely has any villains, the only ones I can remember were from the New Adventures series (my favorite being "Nasty Jack", a horse parody on Jack Nicholson. :p )
Also that ep featuring the heffalump and woozle pair that were criminals.

Mad Mod 49

Also that ep featuring the heffalump and woozle pair that were criminals.

If I recall correctly, they were in two episodes, making them the only of the few villains on the show to actually be reacurring.

There were also a few "villains" on that show that were actually just a product of the characters' overactive fear or imagination, the funniest one being "the Slusher", which they all thought was after them after they watched "a Slusher movie". I remember seeing that one as a kid and I didn't get the parody, but I do now and the episode is even funnier as a result. :p

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts