Disney Classic Games: Aladdin And The Lion King Announced

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
When they announced the full lineup of the Genesis Mini, did you wonder where the Aladdin game was? Turns out it was being withheld for its own special release, and you won’t need a miniconsole to play it. When are Aladdin and The Lion King coming back?

Aladdin on Genesis shocked the world when it was released in 1993, one year after the movie. The sprites were animated by the team from the film, the level layout was by Shiny Entertainment (Earthworm Jim), and it looked like no other video game at the time. Its existence prompted the competition to look into enhancing its own visuals. Donkey Kong Country landed one year later and the graphics arms race was on.
Genesis Aladdin is a true classic….The Lion King less so. It’s by the same team, it’s just as pretty, it sounds great…but it’s also MUCH harder than Aladdin, to the point of being nearly unplayable. Rumor has it Shiny was responding to...

Continue reading...

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I currently feel 250 lbs lighter and the knot in my stomach is gone. I feel GOOD. I'm not used to feeling this way and haven't for a long time (at least four and a half years). It is very strange to me.
R.I.P. David Richardson, writer and producer who worked on shows such as Empty Nest, The Simpsons (he wrote "Homer Loves Flanders" and produced 11 other episodes for the fifth season), The John Larroquette Show, My Big Fat Greek Life, Malcolm in the Middle, Two and a Half Men and F is for Family.
You know that animated Rybelsus commercial? The one with a punk rock version of "You Are My Sunshine"?

Turns out the whole reason it was animated was because of the pandemic: Novo Nordisk debuts animated Rybelsus ad after COVID-19 nixed film shoot

In case anyone missed livestream of inauguration, youtube Nickelodeon now has it
I wish a happy 21st birthday to Montse Hernandez. She's known for voicing Gwen (Ben 10 2016), Cristina (Elena Of Avalor), Stacks (Craig Of The Creek), and June Del Toro (The Last Kids On Earth).

Featured Posts