Disney Channel News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

Disney Channel star Cameron Boyce died at the age of 20. He's best known for Luke on Jessie and Bunk'd, Carlos in the Descendants films, and was the second voice for Jake on Jake And The Neverland Pirates. May he rest in peace.

Disney Channel put out this tribute for him.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017

Disney Channel star Cameron Boyce died at the age of 20. He's best known for Luke on Jessie and Bunk'd, Carlos in the Descendants films, and was the second voice for Jake on Jake And The Neverland Pirates. May he rest in peace.
Aww man, does this mean Disney Channel is gonna drastically alter their schedule for this coming week, pull their scheduled new episodes of the week, and replace them with nothing but Jessie (are well as the first two Descendants movies)? Because I'm expecting to watch new Amphibia episodes that week!

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
Aww man, does this mean Disney Channel is gonna drastically alter their schedule for this coming week, pull their scheduled new episodes of the week, and replace them with nothing but Jessie (are well as the first two Descendants movies)? Because I'm expecting to watch new Amphibia episodes that week!
I doubt they’ll do that much.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
I doubt they’ll do that much.
It'll probably be a few hours of marathons in the afternoon.

MegasMilo379

Great-Googly.
May 28, 2016
Such a heartbreak to hear.
Cameron was so young and incredibly talented. And with such a big heart too; he had so many people who loved him, his optimism and his presence. And he deserved all the love in return.

I was a Jessie fan; his role as Luke was well-acted and his skills as a dancer were incredible. (Plus I watched the episodes of Bunk'd he guested on as seeing the Ross kids together was an exciting sight to me).

My condolences to the Boyce family, his former co-stars, friends, and the people he worked with on his upcoming final projects. May he rest in peace.

Jun 13, 2019
Billerica
Unfortunately, Disney Channel doesn’t seem to be doing anything special in honor of Cameron. They seem to be carrying on with their normal summer schedule, with only 2 airings of Jessie in the daytime. While they still air a healthy amount of Jessie every day, most of it is late at night. I hope they do something special in August when the third Descendants movie comes out.

Reactions: RainbowCupcake

RainbowCupcake

The (Not So) Bad Guy
Dec 3, 2017
United States
The day isn't even over and I still can't believe he's gone. The whole thing feels like a hoax or a weird dream as opposed to a real life event.

Here's to hoping Disney Channel does a special dedication to him in the credits for Descendents 3 and/or a marathon of all of Boyce's best moments throughout Jessie, among other shows.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

This article mentions that he apparently died from epilepsy .

tvfan

Apr 30, 2015
Tomorrow, Disney Channel will be airing two movies. Shrek at noon and Zombies at 5:50

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com

The red carpet premiere of Descendants 3 scheduled for July 22 has been cancelled. There will instead be money donated to one of the charities he was involved in. The movie will also be dedicated in memory of him.

Reactions: kanc

Johntoonfan05

Aug 15, 2017
Yeah and Descendants 3 is the Final Chapter of the Descendants series. So maybe there'll be a Dedication to Cameron Boyce.

Jun 30, 2012
I found this on Vimeo. Can you help identify which company did made the 2019 graphics refresh? The description are blank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So it turns out that Alberto Hadyar who works as a animation director at makiné studios for animating Disney Channel 2017 graphics refresh. So I guess MakinÉ studios are now making 2019 graphics refresh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tvfan

Apr 30, 2015
On July 27 and July 28, Disney Channel will be airing Descendants 1 and Descendants 2 all weekend.