Disney buys out Comcast for full control of Hulu

The Overlord

Came across this article, Disney going to buy out Comcast's shares in Hulu, gaining full control of Hulu:

I wonder if Disney is going to put the kid-friendly stuff on Disney plus and the adult-aimed stuff on Hulu (relevant due to the fact that some Marvel animated projects are heading to Hulu, rather then Disney plus).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I wonder if Disney is going to put the kid-friendly stuff on Disney plus and the adult-aimed stuff on Hulu (relevant due to the fact that some Marvel animated projects are heading to Hulu, rather then Disney plus).
It's more likely going to be stream the adult-oriented on Hulu.

The Overlord

It's more likely going to be stream the adult-oriented on Hulu.

That's what I said.

That would be great. I planned on subscribing to the Disney service. Getting Hulu too would clinch it.

I wonder if Disney will not stuff that is too risque on the Disney Plus service and thus will keep Hulu seperate and put anything risque on Hulu rather then Disney Plus.

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
Disney's Monopolization of the Entertainment industry continues. Not that anyone seems to care no matter how many times they're warned.

Gawd this is just the dumbest timeline.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I think we don’t really need this thread since we can discuss it on the Disney+ news thread since that’s where it should discussed there.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I think we don’t really need this thread since we can discuss it on the Disney+ news thread since that’s where it should discussed there.
Honestly, I think this thread is fine. Technically, that thread is about Disney+ and not Hulu. The only reason I was fine with discussion of Hulu happening there is because it still had some relevance.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Disney's Monopolization of the Entertainment industry continues. Not that anyone seems to care no matter how many times they're warned.

There are many non Disney owned services still.

I wonder if Comcast would own their part of Hulu until the DreamWorks Animation deal is through.

DeanBurrito25

A lot can happen in the next five years, for better or worse.

Mostly, I feel the same was about this as I do about the Fox deal/Plus news: there are so many other entertainment brands out there that it's hard for me to get super paranoid about a full on Disney takeover - Viacom/Paramount, Sony/Columbia, and WB/Warner Media come to mind, along with the rest of Dreamworks Animation and Universal under Comcast. And let's not forget about all of the other smaller up-and-coming studios emerging.

I wonder what this means for certain upcoming original programming like the Animaniacs reboot. I know a WB Animation series aired on Disney XD in the form of "Right Now Kapow" but that's clearly not the same as what's going on here. This is all just a very curious time in media lol.

lowell

Heads up, Hulu is likely to be bundled with Disney+ and ESPN+. And with Comcast ceding full control, Disney is now allowed to take Hulu to go international as they're doing with Disney+.

Mandouga

You think you're the only none who doesn't like this? I don't either, and neither do other people, but whining about it isn't going to help very much.

Look, just stop, okay. Just stop.

lowell

The moves that the current administration is going to make every day is scarier than what you're criticizing. This was the one that was responsible for separating refugee families at the border. A re-election victory may happen through another economic disaster or the start of a new foreign invasion conflict in the Middle East.

Not being political, but just explaining the scale of problems in human civilization.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Then they might as well merge Disney+ and Hulu. On service with two sections.
Eh, I doubt it.
I wonder if Disney will not do stuff that is too risque on the Disney Plus service and thus will keep Hulu seperate and put anything risque on Hulu rather then Disney Plus.
Well, I am hoping the service becomes available worldwide.
Disney's monopolization of the Entertainment industry continues. Not that anyone seems to care no matter how many times they're warned.
It's only a monopoly if Disney bought all of their competitors, which is very unlikely, so no this is not a monopoly.

lowell

This is the reaction Hulu employees are having about Disney being its sole owner in control (even with Comcast holding the stake):

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
As I said on the Disney+ thread, hopefully this means an extensiom of their international roll-out to countries where Disney+ will operate. Outside of the USA it seems to have an operation in the UK and was big in Japan a few years ago.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts