Disney bought 21st Century Fox for $71.3 billion in stock

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
Disney Korea just posted the Korean version of the first Spies in Disguise trailer on its YouTube channel. It's the first time that a trailer for the film produced by 20th Century Fox (and its subsidiaries) has been posted on Disney Korea's YouTube channel. Of course, same video is also uploaded on 20th Century Fox Korea's YouTube and social media channel earlier today. The movie will open next month under the Korean title 스파이 지니어스 (Spy Genius).

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I know Seth MacFarlane can probably expand his animated universe (Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, and American Dad!) through Hulu. Any MacFarlaneverse shows made exclusively for Hulu could potentially be TV-MA since it wouldn't be bound to network S&P. This doesn't necessarily have to be a move of FG or AD to Hulu in order to have TV-MA episodes, though those and Cleveland could have their DVD prints on Hulu.

Whether the MacFarlaneverse expands onto Hulu is dependent on MacFarlane finding an idea that could work. It doesn't have to be another direct FG spin-off.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I know Seth MacFarlane can probably expand his animated universe (Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, and American Dad!) through Hulu. Any MacFarlaneverse shows made exclusively for Hulu could potentially be TV-MA since it wouldn't be bound to network S&P. This doesn't necessarily have to be a move of FG or AD to Hulu in order to have TV-MA episodes, though those and Cleveland could have their DVD prints on Hulu.

Whether the MacFarlaneverse expands onto Hulu is dependent on MacFarlane finding an idea that could work. It doesn't have to be another direct FG spin-off.
Except The Orville, which is more of a homage to early Star Trek and is not like any of his animated sitcoms.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I did not mention that show because it's live action.

I was talking about expanding the animated universe.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

Frank Coufal

I would be. Fox News made the name toxic.
Well, at least they're keeping the iconic fanfare and logo intact, sans the Fox name, and it's better than completely axing it. For those of you who don't know, 20th Century Fox started out as two separate independent studios, 20th Century Pictures, Inc. and Fox Film Corporation before they merged in 1935 to become the studio it is today.

Dudley

Staff member
So after 85 years, the company, in a way, is returning to one of its original names. I was wondering if Disney was ever going to do this.

I would be. Fox News made the name toxic.

That and it helps cut down on confusion, over what assets Disney and Fox Corp own.
As for various international assets, I agree that using the FX name would be good, as well as maybe the Star brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Maybe Hotstar Asia will make more sense, and that they rebrand FOX's Asian feed as STAR Prime or back to STAR World (former name of FOX Life Asia), and FOX Life to STAR Life.

MegasMilo379

Finally.
This isn't surprising to me.
After Disney bought most of the Fox entertainment assets, I knew something will change sometime down the road.
I just didn't think it would be the names of the Fox film studios.

Makes sense though that this is happening, so to distinguish them from Fox Corporation - especially Fox News and Fox Business.

But I'm really happy at the very least everything else (the rest of the names, the fanfare and the searchlights) will be sticking around, and that (what remains of) the Fox film studios will still be Disney's PG-13 and R-rated film labels.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts